September 26, 2018, 12:22:20 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 15098 times)

January 31, 2018, 02:38:16 PM
Read 15098 times

Rodenplav64

Cant please some people, were potentially signing a player from this seasons Champions, hes played 15 times for them already and they're only allowing him to leave cause they just broke their transfer record for another defender. I can guarantee Williams or Jags wouldnt have played 15 times for City this season, I think its a great signing, even if only on loan

Mate you are clutching at straws . He has looked awful not just this season but since he came to the club . Like I always say everyone gets a chance but fuck me you can't be impressed by anything you have seen from him . It is a catastrophe if we don't get a LB and we are in more danger of going down than we were when Allardyce came .I genuinely hope I am wrong about him .

January 31, 2018, 02:48:48 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

I think we need a left back 100%, and Mangala isnt the greatest, but id say hes better than most of what weve got. It also gives us better options with regards to playing 3 across the back with him being naturally left footed. If we had a team full of world class centre backs I could understand the fume, but we've got an ageing back line that are shipping goals for fun I genuinely dont see this as anything other than positive, especially on loan!?

I am not fuming and loans don't really matter I suppose . There was at one point a good defender at Porto but he has not looked suited to the league . I jus don't see him settling the defence or our midfield keeping hold of the ball or creating chances . We are doomed under Allardyce and I am gutted by the mess Moshiri has made of this club . I am 54 so have seen plenty of bad times but this season more than most has killed me off . You are right in that he is better than Williams and will have been coached well until today so lets hope what he has learnt at city isn't coached out of him by Allardyce .

January 31, 2018, 04:09:42 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

We don't know who he intends pairing him up with though . At the minute and in order of how they have played this season it would be Holgate , Jagielka , Williams and Keane . In terms of experience it would be Jagielka , Williams , Keane and Holgate . However , I wouldn't say Mangala has looked any better than Jagielka , Williams , Holgate or Keane since he joined City . Think Moshiri , Walsh , Allardyce is the most clueless combination this club has ever had and that takes some doing .

January 31, 2018, 10:32:48 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

Jimmywhack proposed that last week....

I do seem to pick em....

MmmBlueMangala seems apt .

February 01, 2018, 01:23:05 PM
Reply #4

Rodenplav64

Didn't work for Sandro.

I think Germany will be a different kettle of fish. Don't most German's speak English anyway?

I think it will do Lookman good . Lots of different nationalities at Leipzig and lots of young players .