November 16, 2018, 09:38:42 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 16446 times)

February 01, 2018, 03:54:46 AM
Read 16446 times

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
God you are such a negative twat ! Btw , have you actually ever been to a match ?

Irrelevant question that fella

February 01, 2018, 03:00:25 PM
Reply #1

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
More English kids should try their arm abroad. It will do wonders for the national team.

February 01, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
Reply #2

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Who were the 5 players you reckon had their agents ring us abou tleaving on loan. Allardyce says they were in the squad last night.

DCL has been confirmed.

Niasse, Davies, Schnedierlin seem the most obvious. Who would be the 5th? Kenny?

February 01, 2018, 05:39:17 PM
Reply #3

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think people are reading this correctly. The way I see it, 5 players agents were approached by other clubs with a view to taking them on loan, the agents then approached the club but people seem to be reading it that the players asked their agents to find them a move.

Probably right - but don't you think the agents would speak to their players before even approaching the club?
Maybe not like. but it's the assumption i'vebeen working on

February 01, 2018, 05:51:24 PM
Reply #4

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly and it's possible that some of the players were open to a move, especially those who might not be getting many games. But I don't think it's the case of "the players hate Allardyce and want out" which is how some people (not saying you) seem to be trying to portray it as.

ah, i get yoou yeah. I hadn't attached that 'wanting to get out emotion'.
But 100% believe a lot of gnashing of teeth and rage is going on about it on twitter.

I was just curious as to who in our squad was wanted by other clubs (and what clubs)

February 01, 2018, 06:49:45 PM
Reply #5

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Phil Kirkbride in the Echo is saying we wanted Lookman to go to Derby.

Potentially a gulf in a difference of opinion between how good our management think Lookman is & how good Lookman/his agent/Leipzig think he is.

February 01, 2018, 07:24:59 PM
Reply #6

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Leipzig wanted to buy him so they probably rate him quite highly.

Think it's a bit much to expect him to drop down a division when a club like RB comes calling. They're built around developing young players and are a very attractive proposition for a player like lookman.

I dont really see what he has to gain going to Derby

Agree 100%. There are players that need to 'toughen up' that would do good going to the championship. But i'd only be sending defensively minded players in that direction. Lookman needs to learn how to win games as a team & individually. Much better chance of that at Leipzig.

Also, What a turnaround for Niasse by the way.
From not having a locker to having actual money offered for him and turned down!