October 23, 2018, 08:37:17 AM

Author Topic: Eliaquim Mangala signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 6453 times)

February 01, 2018, 06:46:40 AM
Read 6453 times

Robioto

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:52:39 AM by Robioto »

February 01, 2018, 06:49:44 AM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

February 01, 2018, 06:53:18 AM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

A back 4 of
Coleman Keane Mangala Baines

Should be decent. Haven't got high hopes of a) ever seeing it
Or b) us defending coherently.

February 01, 2018, 06:53:30 AM
Reply #3

Ramjam

Welcome to Everton Manny, you will no doubt have the full support of all Evertonians
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 01, 2018, 06:58:09 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That has to be the most boring video ever. 32 seconds of nothing relating to the transfer and 2 seconds of him with a smile.

At least he smiled I guess.

Hope he does well though.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

February 01, 2018, 07:10:48 AM
Reply #5

Tony Clifton

Walsh has earned his wages for this week then.  By guest starring in a video.  Not.  The stupid face twat.

February 01, 2018, 08:39:29 AM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
CB was a definitely a big problem for us still. He's a good age, with plenty of experience. Not been amazing at Man City, but as has been mentioned he might be better suited to Allardyce's style than Pep's. Fingers crossed we can find a reliable CB pairing going into next season (if we think we can buy him next summer should this loan work out). Mangala/Keene/Holgate...Funes Mori?!? to battle it out for CB starting positions?

February 01, 2018, 08:51:03 AM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
On a slightly separate note, I think Allardyce (or is it Walsh? I still don't know but at least 2 out 3 of these have a whiff of Allardyce about them) has in fairness done pretty well in this window.

I think our ins and outs were far more thought out with creating a balanced squad in mind. I'd have liked a couple more (creative CM, and a LB in particular but apparently none exist) but perhaps given the mess of the summer less is more in terms of building a squad. Maybe not the best to introduce a plethora of new faces again.

We've tried to address 2 important things in the spine of our team (striker/CB), and have added a goal threat we've been been missing from our wide players.

The Koeman/Walsh debacle this summer introduced more problems that it solved, but I think this one we've done better and have tried to fix the mess created last summer (or before). Or at least, the moves that we have done have made sense (to me). We do need to get better identifying players before they come into the league though clearly, but I'm happy we focusing at least on some of the positions that needed attention. Not rocket science you'd think, but glad we didn't buy 3 more no 10s.

I expect in the summer though an addition to the CM, LB and another striker. I'd also expect some more of the Koeman/Walsh buys to be out the door.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:54:44 AM by blueToffee »

February 01, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
Reply #8

Dr. Sponge

CB needed better players, fair enough. But still can't believe we didn't sign a LB.

February 01, 2018, 01:25:38 PM
Reply #9

Morta75

February 01, 2018, 01:49:59 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

Decent signing, option to buy?

February 01, 2018, 01:51:45 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hoping he plays LB tbh, that may change when Iíve aftually seen him there but a left sided cb with good athletic abilities should be better than a shaky RB (who played wel last night).
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 01, 2018, 03:13:51 PM
Reply #12

Fynci

Have we done videos for loan signings before? Seems a bit OTT unless there is a strong intention to buy.

February 01, 2018, 03:37:51 PM
Reply #13

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

February 01, 2018, 04:30:00 PM
Reply #14

Tinga

Still remember us not getting a penalty when he kicked one of our players in the back..