October 23, 2018, 01:58:28 AM

Author Topic: Eliaquim Mangala signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 6446 times)

February 02, 2018, 03:21:09 PM
Read 6446 times

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I must admit even my mates who are City fans have ridiculed him as he does look totally uncoordinated and all over the place at times but he's big, strong and quick so once he gets his head right, like Yobo, he's probably a very good no nonsense defender. 

Yobo was a baller and the complete opposite of no nonsense.

February 04, 2018, 02:00:39 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
There's a really good defender in there and I'm sticking by that.

February 04, 2018, 02:28:50 AM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Slightly bemused that anyone would judge a player thrown into that 3 days after signing.

Get him alongside jags in a 4 and we'll see him come good.

Jags gets the best out of anyone alongside him.

February 04, 2018, 02:45:39 AM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Really don't understand why Williams keeps getting a game ahead of Jags.

Although as I said in the matchday thread, the biggest problem is our defence constantly chopping and changing week after week. No one's had a chance to build a proper understanding with each other.

You think 35 year old jags couldn't do two games in a week, yet he continues to defy people.

Still hasn't lost his pace and has comfortably been our best centre half this season.

Williams should've have had his last game here weeks ago.

February 04, 2018, 03:09:00 AM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fair play for your persistence like Ram, just unsure what you are basing that on, never seen one good performance from him at all when he was at city and he was beyond atrocious today.

Using the whole "but City paid 42M for him" argument doesn't wash for me, they have an endless pit of money and can afford expensive flops.

Can't blame you at all for taking that point of view. He's been a disaster at City and I'm not going to deny that.

Just think he has all the attributes there, just needs the right environment.

Even today, as bad as he was, he had a few instances where he read the game, intercepted the pass and drove 50 yards up the pitch with the ball.

It's all there for me. A team will buy him in the summer and he'll realise his potential with them, just hope it's us that takes that chance.