November 14, 2018, 01:04:51 PM

Author Topic: Match ratings  (Read 1578 times)

February 01, 2018, 04:27:29 PM
Reply #15

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Just watched hilites.
I like Niasse but he really showed his lack of quality last night 4

Hilites?

Really?

February 01, 2018, 04:28:42 PM
Reply #16

Ramjam

I actually think he did really well leading the line last night. His work-rate paid dividends.
Yes he did, and on another day he would have scored twice, seems a bit like Jelavic, when he has to much time to think about it he fucks up but when itís more instinctive he can deliver the goods. Worst part of his game last night was that he seems to stray off side a lot of the time
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 01, 2018, 05:22:12 PM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think he did really well leading the line last night. His work-rate paid dividends.

Just a shame his control didn't.

He's a super sub for me.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

February 01, 2018, 05:25:46 PM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

As I said in the match thread, he has the instincts of a footballer, but not the brain.

February 01, 2018, 05:29:12 PM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
You're harsh on Davies.
Said in the game thread, he was so poor on the ball yet I wouldn't have replaced him with anyone on the bench
Simply simply lovely

February 01, 2018, 05:32:34 PM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

Said in the game thread, he was so poor on the ball yet I wouldn't have replaced him with anyone on the bench

He did grow into the game though.

February 01, 2018, 05:33:50 PM
Reply #21

gizzblue

We had a "team" playing foorball they all deserve good scores with a special mention to Coco who probably aside one error had his best game in blue.....Theo top man followed by Seamus .
Born not made a blue .

February 01, 2018, 05:35:05 PM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

February 01, 2018, 05:44:12 PM
Reply #23

mikey_blue

Davies was a bit of an enigma last night. I can see where people are coming from with the criticism that he's received as he does give the ball away often and get's caught out with slow decision making. Saying that though, he's seems to be effective for us. Be-it his movment off the ball, eagerness to get the ball moving forward or his or ability to carry the ball occasionally ghosting past a man.

My take is that he does something that none of our other midfielders can do. He allows Gana to play his game without treading on his toes, he gives Rooney passing options and he makes opposing midfielders have to think about what he's going to do. Without him we're too predictable. With him, we're going to lose possession a bit more, and it's a higher risk of being caught on the break, but I'd say it's worth it. He's only going to get better, and his snide is unparalleled.

February 01, 2018, 06:36:17 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That midfield three just seems to have the best balance in that even if individuals donít have great games themselves, their own style of play improves the othersí performances.

That was a case in point for Davies last night where with the ball not much came off but his positioning as the one slightly furthest forward means he can help to chase the opposition defenders, allowing Rooney to be deeper / closer to the ball when we have possession.

February 01, 2018, 07:28:48 PM
Reply #25

Rodenplav64

That midfield three just seems to have the best balance in that even if individuals don’t have great games themselves, their own style of play improves the others’ performances.

That was a case in point for Davies last night where with the ball not much came off but his positioning as the one slightly furthest forward means he can help to chase the opposition defenders, allowing Rooney to be deeper / closer to the ball when we have possession.

Rooney has the best distribution of anyone in our team . Its a shame he tires towards the end of games but then again that's why we have subs .

February 01, 2018, 08:14:56 PM
Reply #26

UnsyisaRhino

Davies was a bit of an enigma last night. I can see where people are coming from with the criticism that he's received as he does give the ball away often and get's caught out with slow decision making. Saying that though, he's seems to be effective for us. Be-it his movment off the ball, eagerness to get the ball moving forward or his or ability to carry the ball occasionally ghosting past a man.

My take is that he does something that none of our other midfielders can do. He allows Gana to play his game without treading on his toes, he gives Rooney passing options and he makes opposing midfielders have to think about what he's going to do. Without him we're too predictable. With him, we're going to lose possession a bit more, and it's a higher risk of being caught on the break, but I'd say it's worth it. He's only going to get better, and his snide is unparalleled.

Great post.

I think that bar the time he dribbled himself into trouble from a great position on the edge of the box, he actually used the ball (or tried to) better than he has for weeks. He was also vital for managine the game keeping possion late on where he was always available for a pass and happy to hold people of and take a kick.

February 02, 2018, 04:10:15 AM
Reply #27

D15TIN

Niasse should never start games.
Totally disagree, opens up defences and forces them into mistakes, yes he missed chances but he's a handful