December 11, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal V Everton Sat 5.30 kick off  (Read 19710 times)

February 04, 2018, 04:21:09 AM
Reply #780

WeimaranerBlues

the players have proven this season and last season (one's still here and new) that they can't play adapt to playing  3 at the back-

can still play a back 4 and play counter attacking-

the only thing we have been consistant at is being shite -need to keep a stable , same back 4 unless palyers are injured -  can't keep fooking changing it around

saying we setup to match how swansea palyed them is utter shite-  cos watched the Swansea game and they pressed the fook out of them and did not start defensively

February 04, 2018, 04:34:11 AM
Reply #781

Swadblue

I am still seething over this debacle tonight. I saw this result coming as soon as the team selection was announced. What good manager makes 5 changes to a winning team thats just won its first game after a run of poor results and is trying to build its confidence. What manager leaves half of his best team on the bench (most of the 5 who were changed!!) against one of the top six but beatable teams in the league. Why are players that have lost their ability to play as professional footballers allowed to continue playing badly with poor skill, decision making and a total lack of desire and bottle to fight for the club, the manager and the fans. None of the defenders in the starting line up tonight deserve to play for Everton, they were a shambles and a disgrace. I have been an Evertonian for 55 years and cannot remember a worse lack of coherence and pride by an Everton team than the ones I have witnessed this season. Something is wrong in the club that causes a good team from last season to become the abysmal outfit it has become after spending Over 150M on supposedly good players. Someone at the most senior level should be investigating this and explaining to the fans what they intend to do about it.
Once a Blue always a Blue but our patience is being stretched to the limit, will someone please sort out this mess and soon.

February 04, 2018, 04:34:31 AM
Reply #782

Stumpy

the players have proven this season and last season (one's still here and new) that they can't play adapt to playing  3 at the back-

the only thing we have been consistant at is being shite -need to keep a stable , same back 4 unless palyers are injured -  can't keep fooking changing it around

saying we setup to match how swansea palyed them is utter shite-  cos watched the Swansea game and they pressed the fook out of them and did not start defensively

It's as sure as night follows day,WE CAN'T PLAY WITH 3 CB'S,WE ARE A FUCKING SHAMBLES WHEN WE DO.What more evidence does this buffoon need.Koeman couldn't resist it against the better sides,despite every time he did it we were a goal down inside 10 mins and were always well beaten.It's almost like a mental illness,they know it won't work,yet they can't help doing it.

February 04, 2018, 05:11:02 AM
Reply #783

Stumpy

I am still seething over this debacle tonight. I saw this result coming as soon as the team selection was announced. What good manager makes 5 changes to a winning team thats just won its first game after a run of poor results and is trying to build its confidence. What manager leaves half of his best team on the bench (most of the 5 who were changed!!) against one of the top six but beatable teams in the league. Why are players that have lost their ability to play as professional footballers allowed to continue playing badly with poor skill, decision making and a total lack of desire and bottle to fight for the club, the manager and the fans. None of the defenders in the starting line up tonight deserve to play for Everton, they were a shambles and a disgrace. I have been an Evertonian for 55 years and cannot remember a worse lack of coherence and pride by an Everton team than the ones I have witnessed this season. Something is wrong in the club that causes a good team from last season to become the abysmal outfit it has become after spending Over 150M on supposedly good players. Someone at the most senior level should be investigating this and explaining to the fans what they intend to do about it.
Once a Blue always a Blue but our patience is being stretched to the limit, will someone please sort out this mess and soon.

This is the point I made a few pages back.As soon as I seen that team sheet I knew we were fucked.I hoped against hope he would pick the same team that won in the week.In my heart of hearts I knew he wouldn't.

February 04, 2018, 06:16:22 AM
Reply #784

Ravardo

For such a defensive team they didnt even get a yellow card between them, probably because you actually have to make tackles to get them

February 04, 2018, 06:32:44 AM
Reply #785

American Evertonian

I think this part is the part we haven't talked about enough. I think when he said we set up to play them like Swansea did showed his incompetence. It made him sound reductive and all he thought was we could just play them how Swansea did with no more thought than that.

We aren't built like Swansea and our players are different style players than Swansea has. Its almost as if he thinks he can watch any match of a team we play lose and then decide we will beat them the same way without taking into account any of our weaknesses or strengths.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 04, 2018, 06:36:11 AM
Reply #786

Ridge

Also shows that Leicester game was the anomaly, we were lucky to play them at a low ebb.

February 05, 2018, 04:38:54 AM
Reply #787

terrydarracotsbaldpate

For such a defensive team they didnt even get a yellow card between them, probably because you actually have to make tackles to get them
3 tackles in the first half . Pathetic