December 10, 2018, 07:52:55 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal V Everton Sat 5.30 kick off  (Read 19604 times)

February 04, 2018, 01:53:25 AM
Reply #735

Major Clanger

He's confused about inconsistency?

You're playing a different team every game

Maybe he doesn't realise the players who performed against Leicester aren't the same players he sent out against Arsenal?
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 04, 2018, 01:53:37 AM
Reply #736

Sixx1402

He shouldn't be criticizing the players like that in public.

Do it behind closed doors in the dressing room.

Fucking idiot
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

February 04, 2018, 01:54:40 AM
Reply #737

benny

NSNO Subscriber
Sat night out and everyone laughing at Everton and how bad we've become

embarrassed to be a blue
                  embarrassed at the results but never embarrassed to be a blue

February 04, 2018, 01:55:24 AM
Reply #738

Ramjam

And why on earth would he even consider us? Although id be happy to swap C**ty with Conte
Why you ask, money money money and more money
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 04, 2018, 01:55:33 AM
Reply #739

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Classic Sam - the game plan and set up was solid essentially, if only those stupid players would have listened to his instructions and carried them out properly
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 04, 2018, 01:57:05 AM
Reply #740

Gash

Global Moderator
I think it's been one of our biggest issues all season, especially in defence that we rarely have the same players playing together. Apart from a brief run where Holgate and Williams played together we've chopped and changed all the time.

February 04, 2018, 01:58:28 AM
Reply #741

Major Clanger

Classic Sam - the game plan and set up was solid essentially, if only those stupid players would have listened to his instructions and carried them out properly

The sad thing is, there's certainly an element of that happening. Some of the players are clearly not doing what they're asked to, and that is hurting us.

But he's used this excuse so many times and refuses to take any part of the blame so stubbornly, that people just dismiss it. And of course it's generally the same players that let us down, and he keeps picking them, so the idea that it surprised him is ludicrous, unless he's incredibly thick.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 04, 2018, 02:00:04 AM
Reply #742

bluenuck

The formation and player selection was 100% why we failed today.

Should have kept same formation as Wednesday, and made maybe 2-3 changes. Kenny for Coleman being an obvious one. Maybe 2 more. But that's it.

100% on Sam tonight.

February 04, 2018, 02:00:29 AM
Reply #743

Alanvideo

I don't blame Sam for the way players like Keane Williams and Schneiderlin played but I do blame him for picking them. Our best players were sat on the bench. I'm baffled .Sure he'll be gone at the end of the season.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 04, 2018, 02:00:36 AM
Reply #744

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The sad thing is, there's certainly an element of that happening. Some of the players are clearly not doing what they're asked to, and that is hurting us.

But he's used this excuse so many times and refuses to take any part of the blame so stubbornly, that people just dismiss it. And of course it's generally the same players that let us down, and he keeps picking them, so the idea that it surprised him is ludicrous, unless he's incredibly thick.

As you said before though if you’re constantly changing players then there’s a good chance that errors will be made.

We know that it doesn’t take much at PL level to get walloped if things are wrong.

We’re making it more likely by changing attack, midfield and defence game by game almost, even when we’ve done well in the previous game.

February 04, 2018, 02:01:44 AM
Reply #745

Waltzer

Why you ask, money money money and more money
If money is that appealing how did we end up with Allardyce as one of the top 10 paid managers In the world, rather than one of the top 10 managers in the world?

February 04, 2018, 02:02:37 AM
Reply #746

Alanvideo

Hate to admit it but Gerrard's comments have been spot on.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 04, 2018, 02:02:53 AM
Reply #747

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The formation and player selection was 100% why we failed today.

Should have kept same formation as Wednesday, and made maybe 2-3 changes. Kenny for Coleman being an obvious one. Maybe 2 more. But that's it.

100% on Sam tonight.

Unless players couldn’t physically play (Coleman) it should have been exactly the same.

We got walloped anyway (I know that wasn’t his plan and it’s a bit disingenuous to suggest it’s that easy to not happen) but it felt like we’d found a decent balance for once this season so why not give them a chance to build more understanding together even if only for the games coming up.

February 04, 2018, 02:03:09 AM
Reply #748

velimski

Did we play better in the 2nd half?

February 04, 2018, 02:03:37 AM
Reply #749

Ridge

When 1 or 2 are shit, it's their fault, when the entire team is shit, the coach is to blame. He has operational control of the shape and style of the team, a bad workman blames...

When you have a big embarrassing defeat, the ability of a manager to own the blame, should not be underestimated given the humiliation and focus.

We play football, like he takes responsibility, cowardly.