May 22, 2018, 11:40:49 AM

Author Topic: Cenk or Niasse  (Read 7596 times)

February 02, 2018, 02:39:23 PM
Reply #15

Waltzer

Oh 100% hes only been here two mins like.

The worry is that we started from quite a low starting point with oumar and dom, nothing against either of them but most of the prem have a striker that would walk in over that and be able to either offer better hold up than Niasse or more of a threat than Dom, due to where they are in their own careers atm... unfortunately tosun has played in games where we’ve been crap, so hasn’t had much of a chance to show us what he’s got yet, and we’ve seen recent purchases get binned off for less!

Id be amazed if he was binned, Sam went on about the importance of his first signing being a success, Tosun will be given every opportunity to succeed at least until the end of the season, and in to next if Sam  is still here!!?

February 02, 2018, 02:51:02 PM
Reply #16

Mayor Farnum

Maybe he's just being saved for an away game that we won't have much possession so a more physical presence will be needed. However, he's not particularly big for a Premier League player.

February 02, 2018, 02:57:04 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Might just have been feeling a bit under the weather, coming from Turkey to Liverpool and it being fucking freezing n all that. I don't think it was anything more sinister than bedding him in.

Although I 100% don't agree with it as Niasse should never be starting a Premier League match, unless we're really desperate, as you can't build any kind of a platform with a guy who's running round like a headless chicken and not offering any structure to his play. He has a place and it's playing against tired defenders when we need a goal poacher or someone to make something happen, somehow.

February 02, 2018, 02:57:09 PM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon you're all reading too much into him not playing on Wednesday.

He'll be starting tomorrow

February 02, 2018, 03:48:55 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

Tosun starts tomorrow

February 02, 2018, 04:37:29 PM
Reply #20

TheTone

he'll play when it warms up a bit like, whats the forecast for tomorrow?

February 02, 2018, 04:38:14 PM
Reply #21

Rodenplav64

I wish we could just fuck off the acclimatisation shite . The furthest point in Europe is about 4 hours these days . For me I would say we need to start creating more before we see Tosun contribute . Maybe the fact that Niasse chases down defenders and create space for Walcott is a short term tactic against certain teams . Certainly you need to press Leicester to stop them wafting it to Vardy and their defence never really got the ball down on the right . Long term we need a creative midfielder . Tosun just has a game we can't cater to at the minute .

February 02, 2018, 05:01:17 PM
Reply #22

blue1948

I wish we could just fuck off the acclimatisation shite . The furthest point in Europe is about 4 hours these days . For me I would say we need to start creating more before we see Tosun contribute . Maybe the fact that Niasse chases down defenders and create space for Walcott is a short term tactic against certain teams . Certainly you need to press Leicester to stop them wafting it to Vardy and their defence never really got the ball down on the right . Long term we need a creative midfielder . Tosun just has a game we can't cater to at the minute .
Explanation needed .What on earth has time got to do with acclimatisation ?I would have thought it would have more to do with weather but hey ho who am I to question someone who obviously knows ! I thought the clue was in the word acclimatise .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 05:02:38 PM by blue1948 »
Climbing every mountain begins with the first step -a shame I was just going to the shop

February 02, 2018, 05:18:54 PM
Reply #23

Paddockoldie

I think Niasse has more impact off the bench where his energy and running will do more damage as defenders tire. Tosun needs to play to adapt but also given time.

February 02, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
Reply #24

plumber

Every genuine Everton fan should moan and slag off Fat Sam either way.

February 02, 2018, 05:34:39 PM
Reply #25

gizzblue

I think Niasse has more impact off the bench where his energy and running will do more damage as defenders tire. Tosun needs to play to adapt but also given time.
This is my thinking he's only gonna improve if he plays on the rainy freezing nights ....and as much as possible .
And (as has been said )Niasse off the bench is deffo the way forward ....let DCL watch a bit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 05:36:31 PM by gizzblue »

February 02, 2018, 07:59:01 PM
Reply #26

formerKHL

my only worry with cenk not playing the other night is he'd maybe thinking..

why the foook ham I seeting on benche..when dat uzerless roobishe is on pahrk.....

February 02, 2018, 08:08:10 PM
Reply #27

blueski

Start them both!

Nil Satis

February 02, 2018, 08:32:54 PM
Reply #28

gizzblue

Start them both!

If only, talk about the unknown commodity 😅😅...no one would have a clue what's gonna happen next ...including us .

February 02, 2018, 08:49:59 PM
Reply #29

formerKHL

including him...