September 26, 2018, 10:30:11 PM

Author Topic: Cenk or Niasse  (Read 9339 times)

February 12, 2018, 06:23:49 PM
Reply #120

gizzblue

Does seem strange a player who was tearing it up in the champions league can't handle the premier league ....despite being linked with teams from Juventus to Spurs ...and still only ten odd mins in a blue shirt ...he allegedly can't handle it .

February 12, 2018, 06:25:55 PM
Reply #121

sam of the south

It's early here. I can't remember how you spell his stupid name.

Racist

;)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 12, 2018, 06:28:56 PM
Reply #122

van der Meyde

Would you be starting Tosun ahead of Niasse right now?
I wouldn't even be starting him ahead of Calvert-Lewin right now.

Tosun's been available for 5 game. He's started two of them, came off the bench in another. In one of the games he didn't play, we'd had two players go off injured before the second half had even started - with Gueye also needing to be replaced.

It's hardly the grand freezing out it's being portrayed as and a little patience has never done any player coming over harm. Let's not forget just how about players like Niasse and Fellaini looked when they first game over, eh.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:30:19 PM by van der Meyde »

February 12, 2018, 06:31:53 PM
Reply #123

Mayor Farnum

Niasse is doing sound, no need to rush tosun in the team but he should be getting more minutes than he is at the moment.

Strange thing is he looked very good against Spurs.
And this is part of the problem. To a layman maybe he did look ok. But you have to acknowledge that Sam and his coaches will see a lot more in a game than you, I or any other fan will see. The difference with Sam is that he just tells it like it is and it makes him unpopular because fans never like to be spoken to like adults. Remember when he first came and said something like "I took the job because it was Everton." and how giddy that made you feel. Well maybe if he added a couple of couple of "greatest fans in the world" or "Goodison cauldron" instead of taking the time to explain why he isn't playing someone the fans are anxious to see he would be a little more popular. But he doesn't really care if he's popular.

February 12, 2018, 07:40:32 PM
Reply #124

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Racist

;)

It's almost as stupid as mine.

I mean blargins ffs. ;)
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 12, 2018, 09:38:13 PM
Reply #125

Liam

Administrator
Oumar deserves his place in the team at the minute and his record is clearly showing that: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/top-scorers

February 12, 2018, 09:42:40 PM
Reply #126

mikey_blue

Oumar deserves his place in the team at the minute and his record is clearly showing that: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/top-scorers

Fair play.

February 12, 2018, 09:44:49 PM
Reply #127

gizzblue

Nobody is disputing that fact mate  .....but we should be easing Cenk in surely...he's gonna learn fuck all on the bench weekly..imho.

February 12, 2018, 10:09:23 PM
Reply #128

Paddockoldie

Only we can buy a desprately needed striker and then say he's not ready to play yet. When we're safe he can play because we won't need to rely on his goals to stay up. Even Niasse had a fucked up wrist when we bought him and he wasn't ready.
Morata: Bam.. scored goals straight away.
Aubameyang: Bam.. scored early doors as did Lacazette.
Even Jelovic hit the ground running first season but then turned shit.

Tosun has gone from our solution to a gamble and it's not his fault... just typical Everton

February 12, 2018, 10:26:58 PM
Reply #129

WeimaranerBlues

still not having the he's not ready fitnness wise for the prem and then wait until we are safe,  said all this after he was questioned about not bringing him on , after bringing MS on,  even the echo kirkbride gets it wrong when he says that had one last chance to bring him on @ 3-1 but it was 3-0 with 10m to go when MS came on and we still conceded,   yets he says 3-1 and did not want to let them back in to 3-2 with Rooney and Davies not able to play defensive,  all bollocks

February 12, 2018, 11:11:57 PM
Reply #130

formerKHL

If I’d paid £27 million for a striker particularly after bigging him up the way he did...

He’d be the first name on the sheet......

If he’s as “bad/not ready” as we are being led to believe...let us see it.... after all he can’t be as bad as Niasse was when he first arrived here and is now......

Either way playing him will only vindicate Allardyce.......” I didn’t want him...” “ he was Walsh/Moshiri choice”.......”that’s the reason I never picked him......”
Hopefully it will be ....” that’s why I never picked him I wanted him to settle in first and it paid off...”

Allardyce can’t lose......

February 12, 2018, 11:18:44 PM
Reply #131

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if he can head the ball?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 12, 2018, 11:19:08 PM
Reply #132

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon we could get 25m for Niasse at the end of the season too. But then why would we want to sell a 10-15 goal a season striker.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 12, 2018, 11:22:42 PM
Reply #133

formerKHL

Loved the header on Saturday...his head went one way the ball went the other...gotta love the bloke..

February 12, 2018, 11:27:15 PM
Reply #134

Lxxx

Got a bit of the Shaun Goater about him. The ball goes in the net and it's not always certain how but the goals rack up at the end of the season. Fans favourite but not a manager's.