June 18, 2018, 09:05:58 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce blames players for Arsenal humiliation  (Read 6063 times)

February 04, 2018, 09:22:47 PM
Reply #90

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I miss Martinez. I really do. People just needed some patience.

::)
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

February 04, 2018, 09:28:30 PM
Reply #91

Evertonian in NC

He had it 75-80% right, which was a great deal closer than Koeman got, or Allardyce could ever dream of.  But that last bit was a fatal flaw, and he couldn't or wouldn't fix it.  I think maybe international footy is a better fit for him.  Anyway, he lost the dressing room, and that was that.

It is a shame, really.  Because the progressive, optimistic template (without the "blowing smoke up your ass" factor) is almost certainly what we need.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 04, 2018, 09:31:07 PM
Reply #92

Nick

Could this be a new record in how quick a manager could lose a dressing room?

February 04, 2018, 09:36:06 PM
Reply #93

kramer0

His comments, particularly the Lookman one, are as bad as I've heard from any manager. They're disgraceful to be honest - you'd get a disciplinary in any other form of employment for that.

When it comes to business, Moshiri is the man for us. When it comes to football, he's as far out of his depth as I would be on a date with Gisele. He needs to recognise this and delegate to someone who has the expertise. That man isn't Steve fucking Walsh.

I hope that the rumours about the PSV DoF are true and that he'll come in before the last game of the season, replacing Walsh and sacking Sam on the centre circle as the teams line up for the pre match bollocks. He can then recruit a manager and scouting network with some professionalism and leave Mosh to the stadium and commercial deals.

I don’t know if the PSV Director is necessarily the right fit but we definitely need someone with vision to oversee footballing matters.

The fact that we can talk about “Walsh signings,” “Koeman signings,” “Allardyce signings,” and maybe even a “Kenwright signing” is concerning. It’s not too surprising that we’re getting so many football decisions wrong, especially squad-building, when things are so disjointed behind the scenes.

February 04, 2018, 09:49:38 PM
Reply #94

toffee_scot

We were patient for 2 years, Martinez went in a direction with a philosophy which he just could not implement properly at all. The last couple of months showed he lost control and some of his press conferences were very uncomfortable to the point he mentioned we had not spent money during his time as boss despite paying £28m for Lukaku and Niasse's transfer was seen as a huge investment.

As bad as Koeman and Allardyce have ultimately been as Everton managers, I doubt we would have been better off keeping Martinez.

February 04, 2018, 09:52:47 PM
Reply #95

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I think I had him down to be chased out of here quicker than he was chased out of Newcastle. Not sure on time scales but I might not be far off. How depressing.

February 04, 2018, 10:22:44 PM
Reply #96

gizzblue

Has no class at all ...rule one of management of any sort, is don't fuck your staff and stab them in the back .....he's failed miserably since day one .

February 04, 2018, 10:31:32 PM
Reply #97

eyesalwaysblue

Looks like a hatrick of shithouses then, Allardyce picke a team that nobody would have picked last night so must be a signal he wants out of it with the dosh..Tosun and Walcott must be thinking what the fucking fuck planet is this...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 04, 2018, 10:40:55 PM
Reply #98

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Our problems are our own doing, but from an opportunity perspective, we were the best in England 6 years too soon. We came into big money 10 years too late.

Although Moyes had issues, if he had a little more money than he did get, I think he might have put us on even firmer foundations and challenged a bit more.

Our appointments since have been very poor. We need a new Moyes type who can build, be loyal to the club and have the stability and time to build something.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 04, 2018, 10:48:26 PM
Reply #99

eyesalwaysblue

Our problems are our own doing, but from an opportunity perspective, we were the best in England 6 years too soon. We came into big money 10 years too late.

Although Moyes had issues, if he had a little more money than he did get, I think he might have put us on even firmer foundations and challenged a bit more.

Our appointments since have been very poor. We need a new Moyes type who can build, be loyal to the club and have the stability and time to build something.
Moyes was an absolute diamond when it came to improving cheap players, hard to find a manager with as good a record as regards that, but he used to enrage us with his negativity on the big occasion, still not calmed down after the FA semi with the shite, his darkest hour for me...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 04, 2018, 10:48:36 PM
Reply #100

bacon sarnie

Expected. He's a twat. Move on........

February 04, 2018, 10:50:39 PM
Reply #101

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes was an absolute diamond when it came to improving cheap players, hard to find a manager with as good a record as regards that, but he used to enrage us with his negativity on the big occasion, still not calmed down after the FA semi with the shite, his darkest hour for me...

Compared to Sam, he was the most positive manager in the world. And that's with me losing patience with Moyes in the last 3 years of his reign.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 04, 2018, 10:53:11 PM
Reply #102

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Has no class at all ...rule one of management of any sort, is don't fuck your staff and stab them in the back .....he's failed miserably since day one .

Praise in public bollock in private is my rule
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2018, 10:53:24 PM
Reply #103

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

That woukd suggest he had it in the first place to lose?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 04, 2018, 10:57:15 PM
Reply #104

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I liked this because I also miss RM, and also  thinking you were asking for patience about Sam eventually being sacked, not being patient for him to turn things around.

I hope we get rid soon, but I don't think its going to be imminent, I can understand the argument for getting to 40 points before we do sack him.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:58:25 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"