November 16, 2018, 05:24:46 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd target 50m Everton ace  (Read 5940 times)

February 05, 2018, 01:44:32 AM
Reply #15

Rodenplav64

Attributing goals conceded only to the keeper is frankly laughable, no team would pay tens of millions on defenders if that were true.  He's been culpable for some goals for sure, but to say he's shite based on goals conceded stats is ridiculous.

I'm sure you actually know that though and are just being deliberately OTT to try and prove a point

That would make a bit of sense if he was getting beat from 8 yards but he is getting beaten all ends up . I am not trying to prove a point as I am clearly in a minority although I do have a habit of exaggerating ( I am far from alone there though ). I have said I agree about the defence but I think it is you and a few others who are failing to admit he is over priced and over rated on the evidence so far . I haven't said he was solely to blame or called him shit  either ( I think )  but not so long ago both Howard and Robles were solely to blame as they were playing in front of the best defence we have had in years . Guess we haven't solved either issue . De Gea has also had some pretty average defenders in front of him for a couple of seasons but then again he is top quality and maybe Pickford might be who knows . The next De Gea or the next Rob Green ? Like someone said he is only 23 and he didn't set his own price tag .

February 05, 2018, 03:02:09 AM
Reply #16

Rodenplav64

Comparing Pickford to Rob Green just proves how clueless some of our fans are

You are right . I don't suppose Rob Green had conceded anywhere near as many . I owe him an apology there I think . At the end of the day the thread was about being offered 50 million and not "Is Jordan Pickford shite " or is "Jordan Pickford the best keeper we have ever had " . It pisses me off when people just revert to calling someone clueless because their opinion ( rightly or wrongly ) differs from theirs .

February 05, 2018, 04:24:01 AM
Reply #17

Rodenplav64

You know, if it's a debate you're after you should maybe refrain from such ridiculous, outlandish comments when trying to make your point. Because no one will take you seriously.

It was to highlight he could go one way or the other . However , Green was relegated with Norwich yet still got picked by Sven for the World Cup as the Manager could see the quality apparently ( sounds familiar ) I also couldn't care less about being taken seriously or not . I am standing for Parliamnet or anything like that . I am just not buying into him yet .

February 05, 2018, 03:21:26 PM
Reply #18

Rodenplav64

Then stop moaning about people's responses.

You've made a ridiculously outlandish comment about a player who has clearly been one of our better performers this season, has been courted by many top teams, has long been earmarked as one of the best young players in the country, and has been selected ahead of his more experienced peers for the national side.

The fact you felt the need to go to such ridiculous lengths to highlight your opinion suggests it's nothing more than hyperbole. Yes he's conceded goals, yes he's playing behind a terribly inconsistent defence. But he's doing that and still proving to be a top keeper who's only going to get better. He's made some wonderful saves this year, but like everyone else has made a few errors. Which is to be expected of a young player.

The single biggest compliment I can bestow is that I never go into a game concerned about a fuck up that he's going to make, as I did in Howard's latter days and every single fucking time Robles took (takes) to the field. And I'd imagine 99% of people that watch football (and not only Everton) feel the same. 

Listen Dickhead , I am not trying to convince anyone I am right like you are it is my opinion and I don't care if you or anyone else agrees with it . Over and out .

February 05, 2018, 05:32:29 PM
Reply #19

Rodenplav64

Haha, I enjoy your little tantrums so much. Bless.

Your welcome as ever . None so blind as those who refuse to see .

February 05, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
Reply #20

Rodenplav64

He definitely should have done better with that deflected 3rd.

Doesn’t mean he’s a bad keeper but that’s easily saveable.

Stick De Gea and Courtois in goal together and they wouldn't have got near that according to some . He is a promising keeper and he will go to the World Cup ( like Rob Green was and did in 2004 despite conceding a shit load of goals which apparently doesn't matter unless your name is Rob Green ) but I am not convinced yet .

February 05, 2018, 08:22:27 PM
Reply #21

Rodenplav64

What's your profile picture from?

Ciro Di Marzio from Gomorrah .

February 05, 2018, 08:26:47 PM
Reply #22

Rodenplav64

Wouldn't sell him for 100mil.

He's the keeper for the next ten years.

If we were to sell him, the way the market is going and our short term approach to player recruitment would see us forking out over 100mil easily over ten years replacing keepers.

Need to build the team around him.

Despite my protracted argument I agree with that principle . We have bought into younger players who should be here for years and we have a very good academy set up and side . However , Moshiri seems to have bought a very expensive set of power tools and given them to a fucking footballing Chimp to play with . Somewhere , sometime this will come back and bite us on the arse . We are Everton but never say never Everton .