November 18, 2018, 02:44:58 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd target £50m Everton ace  (Read 5981 times)

February 04, 2018, 03:48:07 PM
Read 5981 times

ajax_andy

I rate Pickford but he's not good enough to replace De Gea.

Butland is a better keeper, they'd be better off going for him.

February 04, 2018, 04:46:44 PM
Reply #1

ajax_andy

The Manager is short term , the tactics are short term , Klassen , Sandro , Lookman appear to have been short term . One more won't make any difference . It could actually be we got it as wrong with Pickford as we did with the rest of the shite buys . Would you seriously pay the money we did for a lad with his goals against record ? His stats are abysmal and wouldn't matter if he had played for Merton Villa .

Goals concerned isn't always an indictment of a keeper, plenty of shite keepers have a low goals concerned ratio when playing with a solid defence in front of them.

He's a young keeper, not the finished article but considering his age he's extremely talented.  I used to be a keeper, I can spot a good or bad keeper regardless of the amount of goals they're conceding... Trust me he's very good with a few areas he'll iron out over the next few years.

February 04, 2018, 04:49:47 PM
Reply #2

ajax_andy

Sorry mate but I thought the idea of  a keeper was to keep the ball out of the net . My mistake .

Really? So the only person responsible is the keeper? Erm no

February 04, 2018, 09:38:07 PM
Reply #3

ajax_andy

Like I said Rob Green MKII .

Hope you stick around and learn a little about football, maybe watch more matches and try and get to grips with it a bit more too.  It's not a complex sport but does require a little brain power to learn what's what.

Any questions just let us know and we'll do our best to explain it in terms you'll understand

February 04, 2018, 09:42:56 PM
Reply #4

ajax_andy

I hope you are right but I have to be honest I don't see it. I remember ddg first season at utd when he was making mistakes due to poor judgement....you could still see he was a great shot stopper but I don't see it with pickford. I'm also not convinced at his ability to keep out long shots as was shown again yesterday....i think we 've been had at 30m.

He's only 23 (24 next month) and has played in the cluster fuck that was Sunderland, and now is with us another club in turmoil. 

Keepers are raw at this age, not many are playing top flight footy as a number 1 choice so I think that tells you how able he is already.  It's another 6 years before he hits his prime, believe me he's a top keeper for his age who will get better and better.

He makes errors because he's young, De Gea is a tough benchmark to hold him to, he's one of if not the world's best keepers.

The defence is the problem imo not the keeper, any keeper would struggle with the current issues we have

February 05, 2018, 12:27:01 AM
Reply #5

ajax_andy

I was probably watching football when you were a slow swimming sperm . But feel free to enlighten me and I will attempt to absorb your superior knowledge . Use his stats as a starting point if you want .

If you are only looking at the stats to form an argument it's clear that no matter how long you've been watching football for you don't understand it

February 05, 2018, 01:32:20 AM
Reply #6

ajax_andy

A failure to enlighten . Maybe you are a visionary . You can see beyond all the goals that fly past him and I question how good he is . That's all it boils down to . But I think I know enough to know that if the ball keeps flying past you and your team keeps getting beat , 4-0 , 5-1 , 4-0 .......... and you have let in nearly 100 goals in your short career you might need a bit more practice . He needs to improve massively to me to justify his price tag and reputation . That sounds fair enough to me .

Attributing goals conceded only to the keeper is frankly laughable, no team would pay tens of millions on defenders if that were true.  He's been culpable for some goals for sure, but to say he's shite based on goals conceded stats is ridiculous.

I'm sure you actually know that though and are just being deliberately OTT to try and prove a point

February 05, 2018, 03:48:56 PM
Reply #7

ajax_andy

He's too small in my opinion. That deflected goal on Saturday is case in point, if he is even a little bit taller it's an easy save.

Nope! It's a fast paced deflected shot that completely wrong footed the keeper... He did brilliantly to even nearly save it.

The goal had nothing to do with his height, it was only because of his agility he got close to saving it.

A taller keeper wouldn't have necessarily made an easy save as they'd need his agility too, so unless it's Lloris it's still going in

February 05, 2018, 10:31:09 PM
Reply #8

ajax_andy

He definitely should have done better with that deflected 3rd.

Doesnít mean heís a bad keeper but thatís easily saveable.

In guessing you've never been a keeper?

When you're moving one way, the ball deflects and you have to shift your entire body weight the opposite way, then somehow find the momentum to leap up high to try and save something traveling at speed you ain't faced with an 'easy save'.

I think the fact he managed to get anything at all on it is clouding people's judgement.

One thing that absolutely 100% was not was an easy save