October 22, 2018, 04:46:07 PM

Author Topic: Moyes possibly leaving West Ham  (Read 4384 times)

February 06, 2018, 04:43:44 PM
Reply #45

MarcusFenix

How embarrassing this is.

Not as embarrassing as what's being served up on the pitch

BTW not advocating a return for Moyes, just acknowledging the cluster fuck that is EFC at the moment
Whats the difference between lust,love and true love? Spits,swallows and gargles

February 06, 2018, 06:09:52 PM
Reply #46

sirblue57

He had scouts like anyone else, he might have had the final say on who we bought but it's an absolute myth that he personally discovered these players and negotiated the prices. A lot were also bought in a time where you could still get quality for under £5m.
Maybe. But the general attitude around the club lifted when he took over, you cannot argue against the difference in the club before and after he joined.
The scouting was good when you consider the limitations . But he took control, and actually knew the player before he signed. Now it looks if they were bought without anyone actually seeing them or knowing who the fuck they are.
I would love a quality DoF and a manager as well. But would not turn my nose up to moyes in the short term, even working with Unsworth until the positions could be filled with the right people.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 06, 2018, 06:39:56 PM
Reply #47

ajax_andy

Moyes was a fantastic manager when you think of where we were when he took over and how stable we became.  People will always throw back the 'never won anything' line but he got us 4th with Marcus Bent up front ffs.  At the time he was appointed we apparently talked to Gary Megson too... if he'd got the job we'd probably have ended up in League 1!

I wouldn't have him back though, I think we need someone with a more expansive philosophy to move forward.  The idea of Moyes coming back to me just seems another 'let's be stable' type of appointment rather than looking to challenge the big boys.

He'll always have a place in my heart though and I'm pleased to see him doing well at West Ham, I hope he stays there for a while and rebuilds his reputation.

February 06, 2018, 07:32:45 PM
Reply #48

Juanito

What quality do we have exactly?

Pickford, Keane, Walcott - full England Internationals. Coleman, Baines, Sigurdsson, Bolasie and Rooney, experienced Premier League performers who most of the sides below top 6 would want.

Holgate, Davies, DCL, Kenny represented England at every level up to u20 and in a balanced side with structure, should do better. Ditto, Klaassen, Sandro, Tosun.

We have a good squad, we have just been mismanaged and one thing that’s not going to work, is a manager who chops and changes every week, opts for long ball football and takes no responsibility for poor performance, calling the players what he is, pathetic.

February 07, 2018, 12:12:58 AM
Reply #49

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He wasn't sacked

Not technically but kind of got the chance to make the job his and wasn't deemed good enough.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 07, 2018, 12:21:49 AM
Reply #50

D15TIN

Theyre getting Patrice Evra on a free - Paul Joyce

February 07, 2018, 01:55:51 AM
Reply #51

nsno

Moyes was a class act at Everton but those days are gone and he should never come back. I'd like to see us go for Rudi Garcia at Marseille, quality manager with experience of turning mid table teams unto contenders.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

February 07, 2018, 02:02:24 AM
Reply #52

blue slug

Get Doug Pederson in.

I’d even have Doug bollinger in over Moyes

February 07, 2018, 02:19:53 AM
Reply #53

Jamokachi

Theyre getting Patrice Evra on a free - Paul Joyce

In the summer I presume? Because he's already played for 2 clubs this season...

February 07, 2018, 02:20:40 AM
Reply #54

Jamokachi

Also, I still don't understand the headline of this thread? Where's it from?

February 07, 2018, 02:30:00 AM
Reply #55

Gash

Global Moderator
Also, I still don't understand the headline of this thread? Where's it from?

The Telegraph apparently.

But the Hammers have taken the step of issuing a statement to insist there is no truth in the story.

It read: "The Club would like to place on record that it categorically refutes the claims made by the Daily Telegraph regarding manager David Moyes.

"There is absolutely no truth whatsoever to this story.

"As previously stated on a number of occasions, the Club and David Moyes agreed a deal until the end of the 2017/18 season, at which point both parties will sit down and discuss the future.

"Until then, the Board and David Moyes will continue to work closely together with the Manager having full responsibility of footballing matters and the full support of the Board.

"Everyone’s sole focus is on trying to achieve results for West Ham United."

February 07, 2018, 02:33:54 AM
Reply #56

Jamokachi

In the summer I presume? Because he's already played for 2 clubs this season...

Hmmm... maybe not... thought I read he was playing in Turkey.

February 07, 2018, 02:50:45 AM
Reply #57

terrydarracotsbaldpate

As a DoF. Yeah...manager..no.
He can spot a player better then the prick we have now
Which one Walsh or Sam?

February 07, 2018, 02:57:49 AM
Reply #58

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

February 07, 2018, 03:25:23 AM
Reply #59

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think some have a skewed view of how well Moyes has done at West Ham.  The same West Ham who are below us in the league.  The same David Moyes whose career has totally nose dived since he left us.  I want Allardyce gone but I don't want Moyes in.  The past is the past, weve been stale for far too long and we need someone with new ideas who can lift the players and the fans
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!