November 20, 2018, 08:29:31 PM

Author Topic: Starting not to care anymore...........  (Read 8069 times)

February 06, 2018, 09:21:10 PM
Read 8069 times

Evertonian in NC

I like to think Iím not arsed, but I am really...

I can force myself not to watch because of the bile and anger I feel over Allardyce, but I can't make myself not care, even temporarily.  This is OUR FUCKING CLUB, and we have to get it back.  NSNO, now, always, and forever.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2018, 09:26:01 PM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Mate, when I look at your avatar I have visions of you pointing that gun at Allardyce and saying ďget the fuck out of my clubĒ  lolol

He's deffo "over the line!!"
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2018, 11:20:18 PM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

I still care, often more than I'd like to.

It's a bit mean but learning to laugh when we do something really dumb helps take the sting out. Ashley Williams running somebody over in the penalty area for no good reason is funny if you look at it a certain way.

so long as we don't go down (and I feel this is very remote as long as Allardyce is fired as soon as the season ends)

February 06, 2018, 11:23:54 PM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Why allardyce? I get that people don't like him but this shit has been going on for fucking decades. Martinez was a lunatic. Koeman appeared not to give a fuck. Even under Moyes when we were relatively good we were cowardly in the big games

Our Derby record is a disgrace and has been for an age. This shit is ingrained in Everton it's not an allardyce issue

The raw hopelessness, marginalization of the one strength we have left (youth), and general hollowing out of our spirit.  All obvious to anyone with a pulse from the outside.  It's one thing to try and fail, it's another to not try and become a laughingstock circus sideshow act.

February 06, 2018, 11:51:47 PM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

I agree that our problems run deeper than Allardyce, but he is making it manifestly worse, and sucking the lifeblood out of us like a tick (which is a fair analogy for what he is).

Firing him is no panacea, agreed.  Walsh must go, and it should be a soup-to-nuts makeover in the organization.  Everyone involved needs, at minimum, to make a harsh self-evaluation as to their part in how we got here.

And it will be a long, hard road back.  We need someone that we, and more importantly the squad, can believe in again.

February 07, 2018, 01:49:40 AM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

I think we can "fix" it in one summer with three well-chosen signings: (1) an attacking left back, (2) a forward-passing midfielder, and (3) a creative wide player (preferably for the left). Then we can slowly work on revitalizing other areas from there.

With that said, I don't trust Allardyce/Walsh to target the right types of players this upcoming summer, especially the midfielder and creator.

Those are pretty hard to find, get right, and integrate (from where we are), especially in one window.

Agree that's what we need. Along with belief, the necessary predicate to anything.

February 07, 2018, 06:32:15 PM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

I never thought I would be more excited for any other sporting event other than Everton.

Lots to build for though. Others have come back from the depths thereís no reason we canít either.

Of course, going back to "larger problem with footy in general" - the NFL is the closest you get in meritocracy in professional sport, with the major European footy leagues more like an extreme version of MLB (in American analogies).  Sacrificing overall product quality to make marketing simpler (i.e., the "superteams") instead.  I absolutely hate that, especially how top to bottom competitiveness is always what made the EPL so special to me.  Certainly gotten way worse since Leicester's miracle run.