August 22, 2018, 12:40:19 PM

Author Topic: Starting not to care anymore...........  (Read 7037 times)

February 07, 2018, 12:59:12 AM
Reply #45

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I still care. I wouldn't be on here if I didn't.

I've just lost the enthusiasm. With football as much as Everton to be honest. Man City has spent almost three times as much on its defence this season as Cuba spends on its defence in a whole year.

I think the fact that we have money now, something we've been waiting for for so long, and we're just pissing it up the wall kinda makes it worse.

February 07, 2018, 01:08:54 AM
Reply #46

kramer0

I think the fact that we have money now, something we've been waiting for for so long, and we're just pissing it up the wall kinda makes it worse.

Adding to this point... we've spent all of that money on what is a very boring team.

It's no surprise that enthusiasm has dwindled for so many.

February 07, 2018, 01:15:14 AM
Reply #47

Bigstickytoffee

Yeah, it's just a ruse that I use to pretend to myself that I'm not really hurting

This.

February 07, 2018, 01:18:45 AM
Reply #48

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Adding to this point... we've spent all of that money on what is a very boring team.

It's no surprise that enthusiasm has dwindled for so many.

Agreed.

I'm pissed that we've got a better commercial side and have a plan to improve our turnover in that area yet absolutely zero plan on the playing side.

Moshiri playing to his strengths here but not delegating or making strong, informed decisions on his footballing structure. That's actually the sign of a poor leader, which worries me.

There are blueprints that we could adopt but we're just aimlessly smashing out a short termism approach with no thought about our identity, and where we want to be in three or five years.

This has resulted in an unbalanced squad built on ego and a dull, uncoordinated playing style.

My worry is that it will take three seasons to fix this mess.

February 07, 2018, 01:22:45 AM
Reply #49

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The Eagles showed me the other night what Everton have been missing for years.

I remember being nervous before every game and having so much hope. Now I barely cheer when we score. Probably been this way mostly since the cup final.

I cheered and fist pumped one of the patriots touchdowns the other night, and realised ive not done the same for Everton in ages.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 07, 2018, 01:31:26 AM
Reply #50

formerKHL

The person in me gets how some people can say theyíre starting not to care anymore..
the evertonian in me doesnít get it at all.....how can you not care....

Like most on here Iíve been with them for many many years and hopefully many more ...
Through the good days of the 60ís and early 70ís
Through the bad days of mid 70ís early eighties..
Then the good mid eighties period...then the wilderness year to recent days....

Moyes coined the phrase ďthe peopleís clubĒ and thatís what everton has always been to me and most blues and none blues alike...

Unfortunately to me itís become ďthe players clubĒ......those that are only here for the money....

I donít believe Moshiri money has changed us because we were always a ď millionaires club ď but in the right way....we spent well and always paid out for good players...ball, Cottee lineaker etc....and they always made me feel like a millionaire too......

Money has changed the sport, the game, the people within the game the culture....

It will never change my love for this club...... I WONT LET IT...

Iíd still go support them even if we were in the 4th division.....

February 07, 2018, 01:35:27 AM
Reply #51

blue slug

I care but Iím so demoralised by the incompetency of the club from top to bottom

February 07, 2018, 01:43:12 AM
Reply #52

kramer0

My worry is that it will take three seasons to fix this mess.

I think we can "fix" it in one summer with three well-chosen signings: (1) an attacking left back, (2) a forward-passing midfielder, and (3) a creative wide player (preferably for the left). Then we can slowly work on revitalizing other areas from there.

With that said, I don't trust Allardyce/Walsh to target the right types of players this upcoming summer, especially the midfielder and creator.

February 07, 2018, 01:46:42 AM
Reply #53

eyesalwaysblue

I care but Iím so demoralised by the incompetency of the club from top to bottom
Maybe that's the one positive from this season, we are starting to see just how shit the club is being run overall..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 07, 2018, 01:49:40 AM
Reply #54

Evertonian in NC

I think we can "fix" it in one summer with three well-chosen signings: (1) an attacking left back, (2) a forward-passing midfielder, and (3) a creative wide player (preferably for the left). Then we can slowly work on revitalizing other areas from there.

With that said, I don't trust Allardyce/Walsh to target the right types of players this upcoming summer, especially the midfielder and creator.

Those are pretty hard to find, get right, and integrate (from where we are), especially in one window.

Agree that's what we need. Along with belief, the necessary predicate to anything.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 07, 2018, 02:12:41 AM
Reply #55

Mayor Farnum

What I find most depressing is that everything about us is so predictable. Saturday's result, awful as it was, was hardly a surprise.

If we draw a top four team away in the cup I feel we are out before a ball is kicked.

You go to the game time and time again yet after about ten minutes you know it's going to be a familiar struggle.

We complain about our poor exposure on Sky/BT but when are we ever involved in exciting games for us; let alone a neutral? I'd imagine we get very little interest in our matches from the general public.

February 07, 2018, 02:42:42 AM
Reply #56

toshyboy

I donít think itís nobody cares anymore itís just a case of same old same old and not as much enthusiasm. The highs arenít as high and lows arenít as low for me any more. Doubt it will change until either the stadium is built or we get to a cup final. Can probably liken it to being married to the same person for a number of years. Still care about them and look out for them, but ur not all over them and at it like rabbits like when u weíre younger

February 07, 2018, 03:53:26 AM
Reply #57

bacon sarnie

The Eagles showed me the other night what Everton have been missing for years.

I remember being nervous before every game and having so much hope. Now I barely cheer when we score. Probably been this way mostly since the cup final.

From worst to first. Hope for us yet!

:thumbsup:

February 07, 2018, 03:58:17 AM
Reply #58

bacon sarnie

I cheered and fisted one of the patriots the other night, and realised ive not done that in an Everton shirt in ages.

Hope it was Brady - the miserable shite.

February 07, 2018, 03:58:26 AM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
From worst to first. Hope for us yet!

:thumbsup:

Exactly. Need to take Nike Foles' comments on board. He nearly quit two years ago, and now look at him.

If I players could have that drive and passion, we can do the same. Big difference between the two clubs. One has spirit and fight, the other doesn't.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer