May 26, 2018, 01:23:50 PM

Author Topic: Starting not to care anymore...........  (Read 5567 times)

February 07, 2018, 04:57:38 AM
Reply #60

bacon sarnie

Exactly. Need to take Nike Foles' comments on board. He nearly quit two years ago, and now look at him.

If I players could have that drive and passion, we can do the same. Big difference between the two clubs. One has spirit and fight, the other doesn't.

Seamus can lead Everton to glory with help from a capable manager. Foles didn't break any bones but they both have big hearts & balls of steel, man.

February 07, 2018, 05:52:27 AM
Reply #61

Tony Clifton

I cheered and fist pumped one of the patriots touchdowns the other night, and realised ive not done the same for Everton in ages.

Same here except it was for an Eagles touchdown ;)  As my fist was in the air it dawned on me.  Sad times these.

February 07, 2018, 05:58:47 AM
Reply #62

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Same here except it was for an Eagles touchdown ;)  As my fist was in the air it dawned on me.  Sad times these.
I never thought I would be more excited for any other sporting event other than Everton.

Lots to build for though. Others have come back from the depths thereís no reason we canít either.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 07, 2018, 07:53:43 AM
Reply #63

Cuttyblue

Anyone else?
I am going numb from Everton now
Starting to kinda not be arsed anymore

:titanic: :(

No, I'm all in for the next match.  Let's get a home win vs. CPFC.

I'm not going to get on my high horse and tut tut you though.  What concerns me is that I am no longer upset at poor performances/losing matches. That's a terrible place to be.

February 07, 2018, 11:01:21 AM
Reply #64

wilbur

My enthusiasm is still as strong as ever. The whole week revolves around the Everton game and I donít even care what happened last week.

I am still filled with pride that so many people feel the same way because we have sold out virtually every home game for the last few years and always take up the full away allocation.

The club has been a major part of my life for more than 50 years and Iím annoyed as fuck that weíve got no game next week.

As bad as weíve been this season - and I threatened to give up my season ticket if Allardyce was appointed - weíre still founder members and competing in the top flight of the greatest football league in the universe.

Privileged we are, chosen if you like, and donít ever forget it.
ďIt was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. Thatís what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.Ē - Duncan Ferguson

February 07, 2018, 01:56:03 PM
Reply #65

dunkster

There's a difference between not caring anymore and being entertained.
When you pay money to go see something it's to be entertained.
Our standard, leaky defence and no shots on target for 90 minutes  approach wouldn't get me running to Cineworld to see it.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 07, 2018, 02:38:04 PM
Reply #66

Bluedylan

I think we all still care, obviously, but the club has been so chaotic it's been hard to really identify with the direction we've taken, the players or the various managers in recent years.

We went from 11 years of stability, and incremental improvement (bar the odd aberration), to a world of scattergun signings, managers completely at odds with the previous approach and Jim White releasing significant club information. It's little surprise our fans are feeling somewhat alienated and detached, because it's difficult to know what we have of substance that we can attach ourselves to. That's why the return of Seamus Coleman was greeted with such relief and familiarity. A reminder of a calmer time, when things made a little more sense.

I think we'll be fine, and proclamations about our doom and decline are premature to say the least. I live in Sheffield, and can see the real nature of a club that's been in significant decline for a long period - Sheffield Wednesday. We're not in that position, or even close to it. We've made a number of poor decisions consecutively as a club, and we're suffering the consequences of that. And that's all it comes down to, decision making (at every level). The good thing is that you can change that, at any point, by making better decisions.

Alright, at the moment, there's nothing to suggest that we'll suddenly have a complete turnaround and be a superbly run club. But I have faith that we'll improve and learn from our mistakes (maybe not as quickly as we'd like) over time.

We desperately need something/someone that we can all get behind, and genuinely believe in. We haven't really had that since Moyes' last couple of seasons and Martinez's first season. So the next managerial appointment is clearly massively important, on that front.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:39:08 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 07, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
Reply #67

Macca77

For every one Evertonian who doesn't care there's 10 Evertonians who do care

February 07, 2018, 04:09:52 PM
Reply #68

Simon Paul

Administrator
For every one Evertonian who doesn't care there's 10 Evertonians who do care
Hope attendances back that theory up

February 07, 2018, 04:20:54 PM
Reply #69

Macca77

Wonder if there will be a season ticket waiting list for next season?

February 07, 2018, 04:23:31 PM
Reply #70

Simon Paul

Administrator
Wonder if there will be a season ticket waiting list for next season?
You'd have to hope so given the club said there were ten thousand on the one for this year

February 07, 2018, 04:24:10 PM
Reply #71

Alanvideo

............there's nothing to suggest a drop in attendance ,quite the reverse ,Saturday is sold out for a start.
When I renewed my ST the box office said there were thousands on the waiting list if people drop out. We know next season will be better than this don't we . Don't we ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 07, 2018, 05:00:44 PM
Reply #72

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
............there's nothing to suggest a drop in attendance ,quite the reverse ,Saturday is sold out for a start.
When I renewed my ST the box office said there were thousands on the waiting list if people drop out. We know next season will be better than this don't we . Don't we ?

I've noticed a few empty seats at the ground though which suggests a lot of ST holders can't be arsed.

February 07, 2018, 05:52:02 PM
Reply #73

Macca77

Yes it will, when we have this fella in charge

February 07, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
Reply #74

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I've noticed a few empty seats at the ground though which suggests a lot of ST holders can't be arsed.

The lad that sits next to me hasnít been for the last two games.