October 20, 2018, 08:48:09 AM

Author Topic: Duncan Ferguson  (Read 3622 times)

February 09, 2018, 02:53:15 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

You reckon there's a thread on a Huddersfield board musing/wondering/accusing/blaiming/whatevering about Andrew Hughes' role?

I don't to be honest.

Cue someone with too much time on their hands finding said thread.

February 09, 2018, 03:58:33 PM
Reply #31

Deano Blue Boy

We've turned into a sorry looking fans haven't we

February 09, 2018, 04:11:48 PM
Reply #32

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You reckon there's a thread on a Huddersfield board musing/wondering/accusing/blaiming/whatevering about Andrew Hughes' role?

I don't to be honest.

How did we get onto the subject of Andrew Hughes ?

February 09, 2018, 04:47:12 PM
Reply #33

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
How did we get onto the subject of Andrew Hughes ?

he's the first team coach of huddersfield, Like Ferguson is ours.

andrew Jones has a head coach above him in the pecking order though. Craig Shakespeare seems to be ours (but i think he doesn't haev the title of "head").

It's only because people have thie weird little antagonism towards Ferguson that they look for reasons to doubt him.
He is a first team coach. There's no reason to believe he does more or less than all of the other first team coaches across the land.

February 09, 2018, 05:19:58 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

he's the first team coach of huddersfield, Like Ferguson is ours.

andrew Jones has a head coach above him in the pecking order though. Craig Shakespeare seems to be ours (but i think he doesn't haev the title of "head").

It's only because people have thie weird little antagonism towards Ferguson that they look for reasons to doubt him.
He is a first team coach. There's no reason to believe he does more or less than all of the other first team coaches across the land.
I think people are so desperate to pin the tail on a donkey that they're searching high and low for a scapegoat, as if he's somehow responsible for diabolical recruitment or negative tactics or a totally unbalanced system.

February 09, 2018, 05:27:14 PM
Reply #35

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I think people are so desperate to pin the tail on a donkey that they're searching high and low for a scapegoat, as if he's somehow responsible for diabolical recruitment or negative tactics or a totally unbalanced system.

I donít think anyone needs to search for a scapegoat when it is blatantly obvious that Allardyce and Walsh are to blame for diabolical recruitment and negative tactics, donít you agree ?

February 09, 2018, 05:37:52 PM
Reply #36

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
People have seemingly taken delight in casting aspersions his way during the last 2 managers as well. It's nothing new.

As opposed to seeing him being "part of" 4 failed regimes (harsh on Unsworth as well that statement) i choose to see it as 3 managers have thought he has been good enough to keep in a job.

February 09, 2018, 05:40:48 PM
Reply #37

formerKHL

Duncan is part of a coaching team...probably consisting of at least 4 of them......

he will have a role to play but his role obviously doesn't consist of "tactical input" on match day....

I would say it'd be more about monitoring and assessing progress/non progress of players on a day to day to basis...with some input on coaching sessions during the week.....his verbal input will come throughout the week in the form of feedback on his observations....I would also assume his feedback will influence player selections........

the big question should be...."is his feedback taken any notice of?"......

February 09, 2018, 05:48:50 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Duncan is part of a coaching team...probably consisting of at least 4 of them......

he will have a role to play but his role obviously doesn't consist of "tactical input" on match day....

I would say it'd be more about monitoring and assessing progress/non progress of players on a day to day to basis...with some input on coaching sessions during the week.....his verbal input will come throughout the week in the form of feedback on his observations....I would also assume his feedback will influence player selections........

the big question should be...."is his feedback taken any notice of?"......

Thanks, that answers my question exactly, you are probably spot on.

February 10, 2018, 02:42:29 AM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seen more of Duncan than I have Shakespeare over the last few weeks. Where is he and what does he do?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 10, 2018, 02:49:11 AM
Reply #40

mikey_blue

He said he'd batter them if they sacked him.

February 10, 2018, 10:20:35 PM
Reply #41

Morta75

The one and only Duncan Ferguson  :hail:

February 10, 2018, 10:49:19 PM
Reply #42

Major Clanger

Why is this a thing?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 11, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
Reply #43

dunkster

Who cares what he does...it's big Dunc
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 11, 2018, 03:05:59 PM
Reply #44

dunkster

I'm pretty sure lukaku was talking about how Dunc was working on his back-to-goal hold up play when he was here.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER