August 21, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

Author Topic: [News]Calvert-Lewin: We're doing the right things in training  (Read 936 times)

February 09, 2018, 07:42:03 PM
Read 936 times

Everton News

Calvert-Lewin: We're doing the right things in training

Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin says that the team are looking for consistency following a 2-1 win over Leicester which was quickly followed by a 5-1 defeat at Arsenal.

Source: Calvert-Lewin: We're doing the right things in training

February 09, 2018, 08:34:37 PM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

Cenk needs to play in a 442 or a formation with 2 strikers if he needs to adapt. It's unfair to expect him to adapt on his own up front with poor service/delivery. As for the article it seems there's a disconnect because they train on what SA wants but then don't on the day. Something is wrong clearly either with the players or SA's tactics

February 09, 2018, 08:39:48 PM
Reply #2

bacon sarnie

Cenk needs to play in a 442 or a formation with 2 strikers if he needs to adapt. It's unfair to expect him to adapt on his own up front with poor service/delivery. As for the article it seems there's a disconnect because they train on what SA wants but then don't on the day. Something is wrong clearly either with the players or SA's tactics

Only tactics Allardyce knows is how to fill his bank account, big gob, and look like 'one of the lads' in front of the press. Fuck him.

February 09, 2018, 09:47:11 PM
Reply #3

hannu

do the right things on the pitch instead

February 09, 2018, 10:05:39 PM
Reply #4

Dr. Sponge

That'll be Big Dunc pullin the strings.

February 09, 2018, 10:11:24 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

Make them wear bibs on Saturday then.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 09, 2018, 10:48:43 PM
Reply #6

kramer0

Calvert-Lewin should be starting every match until Tosun earns his place.

Niasse does his best work off the bench. Calvert-Lewin is better at holding the ball and dribbling, making him more valuable for the first 60' or so, plus he's nearly as effective at chasing lost causes.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:41:06 PM by kramer0 »

February 09, 2018, 11:08:05 PM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

Make them wear bibs on Saturday then.

May start them dribbling. Some of them should get their own high chairs too.

February 09, 2018, 11:13:14 PM
Reply #8

Redartin

Something is wrong clearly either with the players or SA's tactics
Maybe the players want rid of him too, and switch off on a match day.

February 09, 2018, 11:33:40 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Niasse does his best work off the bench. Calvert-Lewin is better at holding the ball and dribbling, making him more valuable for the first 60' or so, plus he's nearly as effective at chasing lost causes.

Yeah I agree tbh.

Only argument against it is that niasse is more dangerous in the six yard box, although he’s missed a couple recently while DCL buried that header I can barely remember from the arse game.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 09, 2018, 11:38:41 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

we've been begging for 4-4-2 all season, in my view.  Would probably help Tosun quite a bit.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 10, 2018, 12:00:39 AM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Not for me.

He offers no threat at all. I find it quite depressing with him up top tbh.

Do like him as a player and think he can go on to be a very good forward but he shouldn't be starting games for Everton imo

February 10, 2018, 03:58:28 AM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's because you playing with Evertonians in training. The rest of the league finds it easy too
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 10, 2018, 06:27:25 AM
Reply #13

BlueMaquis

Well that's the main thing isn't it, doing the right things in training. Never mind doing the right things on the pitch, just do it in training and we'll keep paying you your 50k a week or whatever ridiculous sum you earn.