June 21, 2018, 06:08:20 AM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 7437 times)

February 11, 2018, 08:59:12 PM
Reply #45

KoemansNumberTens

I think Aldardyce is as deluded as a shite supporter.

He really believes his own press, that he is the saviour of teams facing the drop. It will be really interesting to see what happens when we reach "safety" in his eyes. Will he push on and try and secure a 7th (dizzy heights in his world), or will he then start experimenting with youth and untried tactics and end up nearer 17th, (his comfort zone).

In the very very unlikely scenario of him being sacked, how much will that cost? Was he muted to be on 9m for 18 months? So come the summer, when he has 12 months of his contract left, will he be due 6m?

On Walsh, does any one known how he is employed, is it a contract for a specific term?

Is he not the saviour of teams facing the drop? Has he not repeatedly done that? The actual well documented truth is he hates his own press

February 11, 2018, 09:13:58 PM
Reply #46

Alanvideo

Honestly, there’s a massive disconnect between expectations on here around the chances of SA being fired and the reality.

He was already talking yesterday about making plans for next season.

There is no appetite at the top of the club to fire SA if meets or exceeds their expectations. Which he will.
...............he's hardly likely to say he won't be here next season so no point in planning . All the same ,I'm pretty sure SA will be gone . I'm sure he was brought in as a stopgap but wouldn't accept a contract of less than 18 months.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 11, 2018, 10:13:50 PM
Reply #47

van der Meyde

I really like the way this site combines the league table with remaining fixtures:

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&stats=9-Everton

Given our away form, I think I'd much rather have Leicester's run in (5 homes, 3 aways against teams below them) than ours (3 homes, 5 aways against teams below us). Think we'll need to pick up a couple of away wins if we're to stand a chance of 7th personally.

February 11, 2018, 10:22:42 PM
Reply #48

cantoffee

I really like the way this site combines the league table with remaining fixtures:

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&stats=9-Everton

Given our away form, I think I'd much rather have Leicester's run in (5 homes, 3 aways against teams below them) than ours (3 homes, 5 aways against teams below us). Think we'll need to pick up a couple of away wins if we're to stand a chance of 7th personally.
Yea, if we can't win a couple away games we won't reach 7th.

I would think we should be playing just about the same team we did yesterday even away from home to give us a chance. No sense changing everything all over again for each away in an attempt to stumble upon a successful away formation/tactics.

February 12, 2018, 03:02:24 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

The Burnley game could be the decider

February 13, 2018, 11:16:07 PM
Reply #50

bogie

How the fuck are we even thinking about Europe

its Big Sam man he creeps up on you
Big Sam he is  the man with a plan you know

February 13, 2018, 11:26:06 PM
Reply #51

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
its Big Sam man he creeps up on you
Big Sam he is  the man with a plan you know
Trying too hard now
Simply simply lovely

February 13, 2018, 11:41:56 PM
Reply #52

bogie

Trying too hard now

lol

here how is lookman going in are 1st team I did tell you back then he needed to go out on loan lol

February 14, 2018, 07:42:59 PM
Reply #53

Rodenplav64

lol

Here how is Lookman doing in our 1st team ? I did tell you back then he needed to go out on loan . lol

Two wrongs don't make a right .

February 14, 2018, 07:47:05 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

Watford, Burnley, Brighton and Stoke as next four we should be aiming for a minimum of 6 points from those. If we've learnt anything from the West Brom and Bournemouth games it's that we need to focus on our own game away from home and not chop and change to cater for teams who don't have as much quality as we have. We undoubtedly will though.

February 14, 2018, 10:43:05 PM
Reply #55

bogie

Two wrongs don't make a right .

yes they were wrong not to send him out in the summer and he was wrong not to go to Derby , so the way he has been handled was not right so you spot on there

February 14, 2018, 10:51:12 PM
Reply #56

gizzblue

yes they were wrong not to send him out in the summer and he was wrong not to go to Derby , so the way he has been handled was not right so you spot on there
Yeah how dare he show enthusiasm or belief in himself going abroad...cheeky bastard .
Does he not know it's the shithouse way or the highway ...I mean yes his manager worked with some of the best .....oh wait scratch that some of the shittest clubs in the premiership ....and has a 100% record at international level ...all 1 games of it .

February 14, 2018, 11:01:39 PM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Watford, Burnley, Brighton and Stoke as next four we should be aiming for a minimum of 6 points from those. If we've learnt anything from the West Brom and Bournemouth games it's that we need to focus on our own game away from home and not chop and change to cater for teams who don't have as much quality as we have. We undoubtedly will though.

I want 8 points at the very least from those games.

February 15, 2018, 12:28:28 AM
Reply #58

bogie

Yeah how dare he show enthusiasm or belief in himself going abroad...cheeky bastard .
Does he not know it's the shithouse way or the highway ...I mean yes his manager worked with some of the best .....oh wait scratch that some of the shittest clubs in the premiership ....and has a 100% record at international level ...all 1 games of it .

I will leave it up to you to count the mins he get on the pitch then
and what the fuck has it do to with his managers record with England or clubs he has been at before
you are Big Sam in the head get over it (if a dog shit on your doorstep you would find away for putting on Sam )

February 15, 2018, 12:38:44 AM
Reply #59

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

We should be 'aiming' for 12 points from those.  We won't get 12, but theres not a game there we shouldnt be going out to win.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.