December 12, 2018, 09:44:32 AM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 9705 times)

February 15, 2018, 12:40:58 AM
Reply #60

WeimaranerBlues

Ideally DWWD 8pts  away games won't be easy so 8 would be good

but as title of thread of cause we need europe , no point not having a go , only for it to be are priorty the next season,  take it while you can-

get a balanced bloody squad and forget trying to set up mega friendlies after the WC as no way will we be invited to take part in the televised tournaments-
we needed to treat qualifying leg this season a lot better -
i believe if we had won 1st legs comfortablly this season players would have been a lot fitter and organised ( instead of having to play same strong IV) all the time cos we only drew or narrowly won)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:42:18 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

February 15, 2018, 12:47:50 AM
Reply #61

Lxxx

We should be 'aiming' for 12 points from those.  We won't get 12, but theres not a game there we shouldnt be going out to win.

I agree but our away form the past 12 months has been shocking and the way Sam sets us up away from home means the likelihood of us winning a game of football is even slimmer. At the very least we shouldn't be losing those games therefore the bare minimum return should be 6 points under him.

February 15, 2018, 12:48:08 AM
Reply #62

gizzblue

I will leave it up to you to count the mins he get on the pitch then
and what the fuck has it do to with his managers record with England or clubs he has been at before
you are Big Sam in the head get over it (if a dog shit on your doorstep you would find away for putting on Sam )
I've seen him walking his career past our's and Sammy lee on a leash thats why the shit is on my doorstep and our clubs .
What's it got to do with Sams record as a manager ....an 18 old kid has no respect for the dinosaur ... if he'd done anything of note whatsoever in his career not just dodge trouble both in his football and the dealing with players and agents and "ahem" his sons backhanders then maybe just maybe that respect (he never shows players ever) would be shown to him  .....

Maybe ....but I wouldn't hold my breath .
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:51:07 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

February 15, 2018, 12:54:05 AM
Reply #63

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I agree but our away form the past 12 months has been shocking and the way Sam sets us up away from home means the likelihood of us winning a game of football is even slimmer. At the very least we shouldn't be losing those games therefore the bare minimum return should be 6 points under him.

Thats the difference between 'should' and 'will' though.  We should be setting out to win the games.  Allardyce won't do that because;
A)It's not in his interest not to drag out getting to 40 points
B)He's a shithouse still thinking he's managing Sunderland

If he doesnt think we'll get 7th right now then he'll carry on with going for the home games and trying to kill the aways.  If he says we're going for 7th and doesnt get it then he's failed.  If he drags it out making it look hard then he can keep up with his 'Well Everton have been shite away from home long before i got here...' spiel as an excuse.
My momma says I'm special.

February 15, 2018, 12:55:46 AM
Reply #64

bogie

I've seen him walking his career past our's and Sammy lee on a leash thats why the shit is on my doorstep and our clubs .
What's it got to do with Sams record as a manager ....an 18 old kid has no respect for the dinosaur ... if he'd done anything of note whatsoever in his career not just dodge trouble both in his football and the dealing with players and agents and "ahem" his sons backhanders then maybe just maybe that respect (he never shows players ever) would be shown to him  .....

Maybe ....but I wouldn't hold my breath .

we loaned a player to AC Milan could you tell me were he is playing his football now

Lookman is gone not just on loan gone form the club sorry if you cant see that

February 15, 2018, 12:55:55 AM
Reply #65

Lxxx

Thats the difference between 'should' and 'will' though.  We should be setting out to win the games.  Allardyce won't do that because;
A)It's not in his interest not to drag out getting to 40 points
B)He's a shithouse still thinking he's managing Sunderland

If he doesnt think we'll get 7th right now then he'll carry on with going for the home games and trying to kill the aways.  If he says we're going for 7th and doesnt get it then he's failed.  If he drags it out making it look hard then he can keep up with his 'Well Everton have been shite away from home long before i got here...' spiel as an excuse.

I agree which is why I think him and mentality should be nowhere near a club that has aspirations on progressing as a club and chasing the top 6.

February 15, 2018, 01:03:59 AM
Reply #66

gizzblue

we loaned a player to AC Milan could you tell me were he is playing his football now

Lookman is gone not just on loan gone form the club sorry if you cant see that
But again you don't see the woods for the trees....Sam doesn't believe in youth any kid worth his salt would want out....you could say contrary judging by this season here but ... if BFS had any choice none of the kids would've got a look in.
Born not made a blue .

February 15, 2018, 01:14:39 AM
Reply #67

bogie

But again you don't see the woods for the trees....Sam doesn't believe in youth any kid worth his salt would want out....you could say contrary judging by this season here but ... if BFS had any choice none of the kids would've got a look in.

lol woods for the trees pot kettle
it was Lookman that picked to go there after talking to there DoF for game time you really cant say going there over Derby was the right call if all it is really about game time and nothing more

your hate for Sam is blinding you

February 15, 2018, 01:16:10 AM
Reply #68

Lxxx

I don't think he would be against kids as a general rule it's just that his safety first attitude and 'they cost £xm quid so I'll play them' mentality means he's going to favour experience over anything else. He's a retired football manager so he's not going to change his views now, we knew what we were getting when we hired him. Moshiri even read his autobiography so nothing should come as a shock.

February 15, 2018, 01:52:24 AM
Reply #69

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
No evidence to say he is against our kids is there?  Given the size of the squad he inherited he could have got by with hardly any of them on the pitch.
No, he's not retired he's working full time.
They cost £Xm quid so I'll play them? Klaasen, Sandro, Tosun, Keane Mirallas,  Besic and Vlasic?

I accept he's not popular, probably never will be, but the dislike is overriding objectivity.

The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 15, 2018, 06:57:30 AM
Reply #70

Dr. Sponge

If we get 7th I like to think the club would still part ways with the current management team.

I think the state we were in when we took Allardyce on justified his appointment. Our season was over in terms of any hope for success, and we were looking over our shoulder at the relegation zone shipping shit loads of goals.

But we're even further away from the top 6 than we were last season and Sam isn't the man to help us break it. Now that we're safe (almost), attention needs to turn to finding our own Pochettino. Oh and that useless cunt Walsh can fuck off too.. what even is he?

February 15, 2018, 01:46:21 PM
Reply #71

bogie

If we get 7th I like to think the club would still part ways with the current management team.

I think the state we were in when we took Allardyce on justified his appointment. Our season was over in terms of any hope for success, and we were looking over our shoulder at the relegation zone shipping shit loads of goals.

But we're even further away from the top 6 than we were last season and Sam isn't the man to help us break it. Now that we're safe (almost), attention needs to turn to finding our own Pochettino. Oh and that useless cunt Walsh can fuck off too.. what even is he?

are you a yes man at work aswell

February 15, 2018, 07:36:43 PM
Reply #72

Dr. Sponge

Hmm, depends on the situation. Are you recruiting?

February 16, 2018, 02:10:54 PM
Reply #73

School of Science

Every time I see the title of this thread " The race for Europe " and the average clubs competing for seventh place. I think of a race between two tortoises and a snail, sigh.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 16, 2018, 05:17:50 PM
Reply #74

gizzblue

This from a yes 'Sam' man 😅😅.

Born not made a blue .