October 18, 2019, 08:16:38 PM

Author Topic: [News]Keane linked with move away  (Read 3957 times)

February 12, 2018, 01:54:12 AM
Read 3957 times

Danny

Can’t get my head around how we’re treating players at the minute, really bizarre.

I was saying to my Dad the other day about Fellaini's first 6 months with us, i'm sure he'd have probably been on the way back out under this regime.

Sometimes players just take time to settle and you can't unbalance the whole team with huge changes every summer, last year it was important because we had such an old squad but what is the harm in keeping Keane (in particular) and the likes of Klaassen as squad players until we know they definitely can't contribute, in this market you may lose a few million extra by holding on a while longer but is there really much of a difference to the club now if we sell them for 18 million or 15?

February 13, 2018, 02:35:27 AM
Reply #1

Danny

So, if Keane, who had been a solid premiership performer who gained an England cap based on his performances looks so terrible playing for Everton, this suggests something is wrong with us not him. This hopefully can shed some light on why Klaassen and Sandro have not settled. With a progressive set up next season (without Allardyce/Walsh) then I hope all of our new signings can find their feet and themselves with us.

Completely agree.

In the last 10 years how many players have "failed to settle"

I've never seen anything like what's going on now, I can only assume there is no team spirit at all when the likes of Klaassen, Sandro and Keane are all being rumoured to not like it here.

It really seems from the outside looking in that we have 11 players not a team on the pitch at any one time.

February 14, 2018, 06:31:26 AM
Reply #2

Danny

he look very stiff when I see him play is this the way he always looked when playing or is it fear if its fear that will go in time

He's certainly not confident with the ball at his feet, there was a few times in the Palace game he was throwing his hands up asking for someone to come and get the ball off him when there was a huge amount of space for him to move into.

In his defence it could be that Allardyce has told him to do that but he still wasn't confident in bringing it forward when everyone else is ignoring instructions.