September 23, 2018, 03:26:47 AM

Author Topic: Dunc making Pistone cry  (Read 3323 times)

February 21, 2018, 04:50:40 PM
Reply #30

Bally

Administrator
One of my dads fav ever players, loved him

Jesus saves, but Latchford nets the rebound
One of my favourite people, he's boss is Bob
It's the roll I way

February 22, 2018, 01:48:58 AM
Reply #31

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The proof of the rule is the exception really.
30 goals in 1 season and top scorer for so many seasons kind of mitigates the lack of a cup.

Holding Latchford and his record for us against somebody like Pienaar is apples and oranges.

Dave Hickson?

February 22, 2018, 02:54:12 PM
Reply #32

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Dave Hickson?

25 goals to get us promoted?

I'd say promotion is sufficient cause for celebration.

February 22, 2018, 02:55:13 PM
Reply #33

Toddacelli

If not him then who? Have we even had one (a legand) in the last 30 years in your opinion?

I don't think anyone would dispute Southall, and he finished playing for us around '97 - any since then?

[Genuine question BTW]

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 22, 2018, 06:23:52 PM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If not him then who? Have we even had one (a legand) in the last 30 years in your opinion?

I don't think anyone would dispute Southall, and he finished playing for us around '97 - any since then?

[Genuine question BTW]

If Dunc is a legend then Timmy Cahill is definitely one.

February 22, 2018, 06:41:02 PM
Reply #35

Bally

Administrator
Both nowhere deserving of the title but very good point
It's the roll I way

February 22, 2018, 06:54:24 PM
Reply #36

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I refer back to my original point m'lud

February 22, 2018, 07:29:49 PM
Reply #37

formerKHL

Talking of legends.....and Bob Latchford

I always remember when Billy Butler was the stadium anouncer for us...some of his tannoy statements were legendary..

There used to be a flag hanging from the upper gwladys st..." bobby latchford walks on water"
Butler anounces over the tannoy during the match...
" can the person in upper gwladys street with the bob latchford flag please pull it in...we've just had an offer off derby county for him.."
for you young ones on here....The Derby's pitch was basically a muddy water laden bog at the time..i remember watching some of the players actually laughing...

Another one from butler....we were playing a foreign team in the cup winners cup at the time and there was only about 6 away fans there....."will all the away supporters please remain in the ground for ten minutes after the game please....your taxi is going to be late.."

He always said them during the game as well which was the reason they stopped him doing it....the palyers used to be in bulk...

February 22, 2018, 08:24:15 PM
Reply #38

Bingham Boy

About an hour, then i fucked off to the pub

I remember doing similar with Amokachi. My mate in work had a big birthday coming up and everyone signs a card. I had it on me in my dinner hour and saw Amo go into Wade Smith so I waited for him for a bit to come out and so he could sign it but had to give up after about 20 mins to get back to work.

February 22, 2018, 08:53:48 PM
Reply #39

bacon sarnie

I always remember when Billy Butler was the stadium anouncer for us...some of his tannoy statements were legendary..

There used to be a flag hanging from the upper gwladys st..." bobby latchford walks on water"
" can the person in upper gwladys street with the bob latchford flag please pull it in...we've just had an offer off derby county for him.."
for you young ones on here....The Derby's pitch was basically a muddy water laden bog at the time..i remember watching some of the players actually laughing...

Another one from butler....we were playing a foreign team in the cup winners cup at the time and there was only about 6 away fans there....."will all the away supporters please remain in the ground for ten minutes after the game please....your taxi is going to be late.."

He always said them during the game as well which was the reason they stopped him doing it....the palyers used to be in bulk...

Had them all holding their plums.

Baseball ground was always a laugh to go to - neanderthal, man. Auditions for One Million BC every home game.

February 23, 2018, 01:15:21 AM
Reply #40

BlueForYou

Unsworth close as legend

Over 300 games and over 30 goals over a decade playing, making his debut at 18

FA Cup winner

England appearance

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 23, 2018, 01:28:07 AM
Reply #41

blue1948

Butler got sacked if I remember right after we played Sheff Wed .He said just before the match started " Here is a late football result ,Everton 3 Sheff Wed 2. He was never on again which was sad as he really was funny. Is he still alive by the way ?

February 23, 2018, 02:39:11 AM
Reply #42

Jamokachi

Dunc won the FA Cup... just to continue the "you have to win something" argument.

February 23, 2018, 04:01:06 AM
Reply #43

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Dunc won the FA Cup... just to continue the "you have to win something" argument.

He hardly had a big contribution towards that cup win though.

February 23, 2018, 11:12:12 AM
Reply #44

Jamokachi

He hardly had a big contribution towards that cup win though.

:)