December 17, 2018, 01:24:22 PM

Poll

Which would you prefer, if they were the only choices?

Author Topic: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?  (Read 8119 times)

February 15, 2018, 11:04:34 PM
Reply #15

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
After how it's been so far I think there would be a decent chance of him getting sacked despite finishing 7th, we'll need to put together some incredible form between now and the end of May for him to be kept on.
The people who do the 'hiring and firing' will look at the overall situation come summer and compare it with the situation when Koeman left. They have the knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes whereas we really only see the 90mins on the field so they will judge how far we have moved on irrespective of whether we are seeing it at games yet. If they see progress and Sam 'sells' them a plan that looks credible and in line with their vision then I suppose they may offer him a longer contract?
If they don't see sufficient progress then I suppose it's goodbye?
If I was neutral I'd be curious to see what he could do with financial resources he's never had before rather than being judged on trophies won when competing with teams who spend more on one player than he's probably ever had to spend on a whole team.
I'd feel quite happy seeing that pan out but just wish it was somewhere else where it was proved or disproved!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 15, 2018, 11:11:10 PM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There's a few rumours of kenwright stepping aside for someone by the end of March. If he is stepping aside for usmanov like the rumours say I can't possibly imagine Allardyce and Walsh being here

Can't see anyone entrusting Walsh with money again and you'd like to think we can get a forward thinking manager

A lot of ifs and buts.

For me Id like 7th, thank Sam for his effort and show him and Walsh the door
Simply simply lovely

February 15, 2018, 11:12:01 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

The man is an embarrassment every time he opens his mouth. He takes credit for any positives and throw the players under the bus when it suits. He has no humility, has an arrogance bordering on some kind of narcissistic personality disorder and his ideas on football belong in the last century. I'd just like my club to be represented by someone with a bit more class and forward thinking about them but clearly that's just my opinion, others will have their own.

February 15, 2018, 11:32:11 PM
Reply #18

Thornton_19

He isn't the person to develop the abundance of quality youngsters we have on the cusp of the first team.
I think regardless of position at the end of the season he needs to be moved on. We need to look at the next 5/10 years to develop a sustained success, not the next 12 months in hoping to maybe get in Europe and have a cup run.

He is not the man for long term team building. In fact I feel he is so short term, it could do a lot of damage to us him being here another 12 months.

February 15, 2018, 11:33:39 PM
Reply #19

School of Science

Eleventh new manager and DOF.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 15, 2018, 11:35:38 PM
Reply #20

Waltzer

I think regardless of league position the fans need to start voicing their disapproval at games before the end of the season to make sure its crystal clear we need a fresh start. Our exec team need to act quickly in removing and installing a new manager asap so we don't have another farcical situation. I hope the Fonseca rumours are true and hes in place the day after the final game of the season

February 15, 2018, 11:40:33 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

February 15, 2018, 11:41:23 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

I think regardless of league position the fans need to start voicing their disapproval at games before the end of the season to make sure its crystal clear we need a fresh start. Our exec team need to act quickly in removing and installing a new manager asap so we don't have another farcical situation. I hope the Fonseca rumours are true and hes in place the day after the final game of the season

If he came on as sub we could always boo him maybe?

February 15, 2018, 11:41:34 PM
Reply #23

kramer0

Talk of a new contract when we are safe

Hope it's bollocks like

Where is that from, if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't had time for anything but NSNO this week.

February 15, 2018, 11:59:19 PM
Reply #24

Ross

Canít see him going anywhere but I can imagine thereís a clause in his contract that triggers an extension if he gets us into Europe this season.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 16, 2018, 12:03:05 AM
Reply #25

KoemansNumberTens

February 16, 2018, 12:05:25 AM
Reply #26

KoemansNumberTens

Yep let's boo and protest regardless of how we do.

Fucking fans who put up with kenwrights bullshit should now protest someone regardless of the job they do

February 16, 2018, 12:19:46 AM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't that exactly what we are voting on?

No.

1. 7th isn't successful.

2. People are thinking about the bigger picture.

February 16, 2018, 12:41:02 AM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Canít see him going anywhere but I can imagine thereís a clause in his contract that triggers an extension if he gets us into Europe this season.

Donít say this please
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 16, 2018, 01:02:05 AM
Reply #29

BlueForYou

For Lxxx: The alternative to coping - not coping/suicide

It's better to cope
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:06:20 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick