September 22, 2018, 04:13:22 AM

Author Topic: Artmosphere/Flags  (Read 3760 times)

February 17, 2018, 06:39:01 PM
Read 3760 times

Bromefc

been doing the rounds on twitter the last couple of days and people really looking on getting it going.

the Goodison atmosphere is dead, its a absolute joke.

so therefore starting from the street end a few groups are putting money together for a banner for the front behind the goal similar to Italian teams the way they do. then after that as many flags banners going before/during the game.

people willing to be involved in this? setting up a fund me page I think and going from there. the club are involved

also anyone who says its kopite behavior needs their heads checking. lets wake goodison up
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:40:16 PM by Bromefc »

February 17, 2018, 06:45:25 PM
Reply #1

ncstate4jpc

NSNO Subscriber
Doesnít matter what flags and banners go up, it will always be difficult to get excited about 0 shots on target.

February 17, 2018, 06:48:08 PM
Reply #2

Bromefc

its a before the game kind of thing for me, get it going before z cars and all that and hopefully the game. I understand playing well and lovely football makes it easier but am sick of goodison being boring to go to on the aways now am jealous of like little clubs like Watford who are so much better

February 17, 2018, 07:04:02 PM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

We've gone quieter and quieter over the years that's for sure and it mostly reflects the performance on the field.
We're still there in numbers but not in spirit.
Last week there was a brass /jazz  band walking round Goodison playing pop songs in the pissing rain .I thought they were brilliant and followed them round. They stopped outside the Winslow and about 3 people clapped. There's just no enthusiasm at the moment. 
We had a sell-out crowd after being humiliated at Arsenal ,the club shop was heaving ,queues at every till , what would it be like if we were playing well ?
So yes ,the flags is a great idea and I hope it comes off but the team need to play their part too.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 17, 2018, 07:10:40 PM
Reply #4

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Doesnít matter what flags and banners go up, it will always be difficult to get excited about 0 shots on target.
No need to piss on his thread when he's trying to do something positive is there?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 17, 2018, 07:18:59 PM
Reply #5

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
No need to piss on his thread when he's trying to do something positive is there?

Unfortunately there is a little element of truth in it, especially if we're talking about trying to get a decent atmosphere going again.

The atmosphere is poor though, it's been that way for a few years now, long before Sam took over.

@Bally and his megaphone was funny, things like that do make a difference.

If we start playing a similar formation to last week, Rooney, Davies, Walcott, Sig etc. Then it's a good foundation for us to play a more exciting attacking brand of football and hopefully that should help.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 17, 2018, 08:09:04 PM
Reply #6

ncstate4jpc

NSNO Subscriber

Not pissing on anyoneís thread. With a positive style of play, the atmosphere will return. In Robertoís first year, we were positive in attack and had an incredible Goodison atmosphere every match. Itís not about flags and banners, itís about having a manager and squad that put in the full shift this club deserves.

February 17, 2018, 08:35:15 PM
Reply #7

van der Meyde

I very much doubt it will improve the atmosphere, which I think is more of a cultural thing, but I love all this so the more of it the better.

February 17, 2018, 09:24:52 PM
Reply #8

Mayor Farnum

That's always been our main excuse for the pitiful atmosphere at Goodison; it's the team's job to get us going. The op is trying to take a bit of responsibility for creating a better atmosphere and it should be acknowledged.

February 17, 2018, 09:48:16 PM
Reply #9

bacon sarnie

Serve free ale that'll do it.

February 17, 2018, 09:50:44 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Worth a go
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 17, 2018, 09:50:47 PM
Reply #11

van der Meyde

Serve free ale that'll do it.
Partly what I was getting at with the cultural thing this.

If you could drink in your seats and if people weren't so preoccupied with having a bevvy on the concourse or being in the boozer, the atmosphere might stand a chance.

February 17, 2018, 11:25:03 PM
Reply #12

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Not pissing on anyoneís thread. With a positive style of play, the atmosphere will return. In Robertoís first year, we were positive in attack and had an incredible Goodison atmosphere every match. Itís not about flags and banners, itís about having a manager and squad that put in the full shift this club deserves.
You could still be a bit more positive about someone who is at least trying. We all know the current problems but here is someone getting off his arse and having a go.
He deserves a bit of credit and support from us?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 17, 2018, 11:38:05 PM
Reply #13

ncstate4jpc

NSNO Subscriber
You could still be a bit more positive about someone who is at least trying. We all know the current problems but here is someone getting off his arse and having a go.
He deserves a bit of credit and support from us?

Iím not slagging him off, fair play to him for coming up with an idea. I just think there is a better way to improve the atmosphere than flags and banners and it starts with Big Sam. Positive play goes much further than gimmicks. Players and managers need to take ownership of the atmosphere we have had this year, as our playing style simply does not generate the famous Goodison atmosphere. The attitude around the club this year has not been up to standard, thatís been the main problem. When the style changes, youíll see the atmosphere change.

February 17, 2018, 11:52:30 PM
Reply #14

Waltzer

The atmosphere is poor, i dont know if I pay more interest cause its Everton but its also really noticeable when watching it on TV. Go as far as to say its probably the worst in the league, so anything that improves that is a help. Think were stuck in the comfort zone both on and the field, the only real noise is after z cars and when we moan, do feel sorry for most of the players although their performance dont help the matter.