October 20, 2019, 12:45:11 PM

Author Topic: Watford v Everton  (Read 21080 times)

February 25, 2018, 01:19:42 AM
Reply #45

sam of the south

Great try from Pickford.

Love his enthusiasm.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

February 25, 2018, 01:20:45 AM
Reply #46

sam of the south

Maybe he's right.

Nah.

He turns any circumstance into a positive for him.

Very Trump-like.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

February 25, 2018, 01:26:03 AM
Reply #47

sam of the south

Henry David Thoreau

February 25, 2018, 01:37:43 AM
Reply #48

sam of the south

Owen Hargreaves was making a lot of sense, until he said Bolasie was a great player.

What was he saying?
Henry David Thoreau

February 25, 2018, 03:27:28 AM
Reply #49

sam of the south

It's ok, it's all the players faults.

Not sure on the 'Will Keane' comment, whether that's a BBC typo or he genuinely called him that.

Everton manager Sam Allardyce speaking to MOTD:

On the goal: It’s only our fault. It could’ve been avoided quite easily. There was hesitation between Wayne Rooney and Cuco Martina in the build up to the goal, and if you give Troy Deeney that much room in the box, he generally he scores.

On the result: It looked like a well-deserved draw, so bitterly disappointing result. In the final third we didn’t cause them any problems.

When you get chances like Will Keane’s from three yards out and you don’t score you know it’s not your day.

On their performance: The players have to take more responsibility and say to themselves ‘If we can’t win, don’t lose the game’. And it wasn’t great play from Watford for the goal, it was our poor defending. We let Watford get at us and they full capitalised.

‘If we can’t win, don’t lose the game.’

And this sums him up.

It is precisely because we don’t pressure teams, or open them up, and don’t try to win games, that many of them feel safe to have a go at us because we pose them very little threat if they lose possession when pouring forward.
Henry David Thoreau

February 25, 2018, 03:58:10 AM
Reply #50

sam of the south

He MUST know his players names, surely to god

Gudni would say otherwise
Henry David Thoreau