June 25, 2018, 09:08:34 PM

Author Topic: Wayne Rooney BBC this Saturday lunchtime.  (Read 2019 times)

February 23, 2018, 04:31:42 AM
Read 2019 times

chang

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43138926

February 25, 2018, 03:40:19 AM
Reply #1

Martip

Better work on his media stuff as hecwas crap again today.....really feels like we are trying to accommodate a big name.

February 25, 2018, 03:40:46 AM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think his legs have gone.

February 25, 2018, 03:43:02 AM
Reply #3

Martip

I think his legs have gone.
No think about it, utd fans were saying it 2 years ago....

February 25, 2018, 01:17:16 PM
Reply #4

eyesalwaysblue

No think about it, utd fans were saying it 2 years ago....
They were, it's why he was fucked off,but we fell for it hook line and sinker.  In this dire team though he's one of a very few that can provide the odd moment of quality and the lack of pace dosen't stand out as it's more or less throughout the team. Even when we buy proper pace with Walcott the manager goes and shackles him with shithouse tactics last night...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 25, 2018, 02:43:25 PM
Reply #5

Ross

“Daddy...Dad...why did you keep passing the ball to Watford players?.....DAD???”
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 25, 2018, 08:26:43 PM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

Rooney all the way for me -

2018-19: player/club captain/coach

2019: (player)Manager

Assistant: Arteta
Head Coach: Unsworth
Assistant Coach: Ebbrell
Traffic (Cone)Controller: Ferguson

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 25, 2018, 10:29:31 PM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
I think he’s done pretty well overall, a lot better than I thought he would do.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 25, 2018, 10:42:26 PM
Reply #8

gizzblue

Had a mare yesterday couldn't do the simple passing stuff ...a wayward pass cost us the attack for the goal .
Midfield is his best position cos his legs have gone but there are plenty better than him in that position .
Bit gutted tbh. ..the west ham game was false hope.

February 25, 2018, 10:43:22 PM
Reply #9

Mayor Farnum

Hate to think where we'd be without his goals this season.

February 25, 2018, 11:18:37 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney all the way for me -

2018-19: player/club captain/coach

2019: (player)Manager

Assistant: Arteta
Head Coach: Unsworth
Assistant Coach: Ebbrell
Traffic (Cone)Controller: Ferguson

Which team is this for?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 25, 2018, 11:52:02 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

Which team is this for?

I agree with Shogun that he's been better overall than I expected, but we've still overused him (and now you see the fatigue setting in which leads to more mistakes) and the kind of madness you see linked above is why I always wanted Everton to stay far, far away from him.  The hero/idol worship aspect just blinds people.  Who in their right mind would think his football intelligence would readily translate into ability to manage, without learning the ropes first?  The kind of people who think this wholly ordinary man (but very gifted footballer) is some kind of Football Jesus.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 26, 2018, 01:08:38 AM
Reply #12

BlueForYou

Which team? There's no answer to that!

No football Jesus: Jesus wasn't who he said he was, ie, no Son of God, God doesn't exist - created fake news

Rooney is who he says he is, ie, an Evertonian, once a blue always a blue with the pyjamas to prove it, the prodigal son - evolutionary evidence

Abraham, Moses, Jesus? Get a grip

Catterick, Kendall, Rooney - the wait is almost over......................... .......

Keep the faith, believers

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:11:59 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 26, 2018, 01:32:14 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And yet we see world class players flop as managers. Can't remember the last world class player who successfully went on and became a world class or even successful manager.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 26, 2018, 01:37:16 AM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

And yet we see world class players flop as managers. Can't remember the last world class player who successfully went on and became a world class or even successful manager.

The theory is it's much easier/more common for the mediocre player to succeed, because they had to work harder, think things through/find angles more.  Whereas the superstar naturally had so many gifts, it's hard to translate what came so naturally to them to players who aren't similarly transcendent.

Also, just numerically, the average Joe anonymous midfielder isn't going to be handed jobs or even interviews, will have to constantly prove himself and fight his way up the ladder (manager-wise).  Cream rising to the top, etc.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin