June 21, 2018, 02:09:05 AM

Author Topic: North v South  (Read 800 times)

February 28, 2018, 01:48:29 AM
Read 800 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I see lukaku has tweeted about an all star type game for the pl, north v south

It's not for me like but what yous all think?

Who would you select?
Simply simply lovely

February 28, 2018, 02:32:05 AM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

North would dominate at the moment I reckon. Just combine Utd, City and Liverpool. Hell, just use City.

February 28, 2018, 02:35:31 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Lukaku suggested it?

He wouldn't get near it.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 28, 2018, 03:11:02 AM
Reply #3

gizzblue

Lukaku suggested it?

He wouldn't get near it.
Wouldn't make the bench ...don't see many bar de Gea making that squad from man u tbh.

February 28, 2018, 04:02:09 AM
Reply #4

Macca77

Ridiculous idea, fuck off Rom you silly tit

February 28, 2018, 04:44:37 AM
Reply #5

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
We had a version of this in rugby in Walescabout 20 years ago. East v West. Massive hype, played at the old Arms Park - about 300 fans turned up and it last one year
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 16, 2018, 02:13:07 AM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

Quite a few years back they tried Rugby League v Rugby Union; one game being Rugby League, the other Rugby Union. Union won under their own rules, quite close, League strolled to victory under their rules
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 16, 2018, 03:22:29 AM
Reply #7

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Quite a few years back they tried Rugby League v Rugby Union; one game being Rugby League, the other Rugby Union. Union won under their own rules, quite close, League strolled to victory under their rules

It was Bath v Wigan in 1996, a year after the Union code went professional. The result of the Union game was close only in relative terms to the league game. Bath won the Union game 44-19 but it annihilated by 80 odd points in the League game. Twenty years later, with many League tactics used in Union (defensively especially) and the more professional nature of Union  I don't think we'd see that huge score again.

May 16, 2018, 03:45:48 AM
Reply #8

BlueForYou

Ah, yes - cheers!

Pretty much North(League/Wigan) v South(Union/Bath)

22 years ago, gone in the blink of an eye - and we still haven't won a trophy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:04:27 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 16, 2018, 04:24:50 AM
Reply #9

Alanvideo

It was Bath v Wigan in 1996, a year after the Union code went professional. The result of the Union game was close only in relative terms to the league game. Bath won the Union game 44-19 but it annihilated by 80 odd points in the League game. Twenty years later, with many League tactics used in Union (defensively especially) and the more professional nature of Union  I don't think we'd see that huge score again.
............seem to remember didn't Wigan win the 7's at Twickenham ? Jason Robinson ,Radlinski ,Lydon ,Sean Edwards etc. ? Wigan weren't even the best RL 7's side ,that would have been St.Helens. But times have changed in favour of RU as you say.
Off topic but this guy Ben Barba playing now for St.Helens is something else. :woohoo:
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 16, 2018, 04:29:01 AM
Reply #10

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
............seem to remember didn't Wigan win the 7's at Twickenham ? Jason Robinson ,Radlinski ,Lydon ,Sean Edwards etc. ? Wigan weren't even the best RL 7's side ,that would have been St.Helens. But times have changed in favour of RU as you say.
Off topic but this guy Ben Barba playing now for St.Helens is something else. :woohoo:

Yes they did. That Wigan side of the early 1990s was incredible but I was always a St Helens fan - because of Scott Gibbs and the proximity to Liverpool. Haven't watched much League this season. I've heard he's a beast though

May 16, 2018, 04:47:34 AM
Reply #11

Major Clanger

Wasn't there a cricket match once between a one-armed team and a one-legged team?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 16, 2018, 05:06:48 AM
Reply #12

Alanvideo

Yes they did. That Wigan side of the early 1990s was incredible but I was always a St Helens fan - because of Scott Gibbs and the proximity to Liverpool. Haven't watched much League this season. I've heard he's a beast though
.......................Ben Barba is no.23 ,blink and you miss him.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 17, 2018, 01:05:45 AM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

Iíve zero interest in this. Donít much like the England team on account of it being mainly a bunch of players who I think are cunts. Do we really want to watch a glorified friendly to showcase players for teams we donít like

May 17, 2018, 08:54:01 PM
Reply #14

Danny

I think the only reason these keep being suggested is because everyone wants to see Messi and Ronaldo on the same team.