March 18, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

Author Topic: Pienaar  (Read 1424 times)

March 01, 2018, 04:28:51 AM
Read 1424 times

NSNO Subscriber
Officially retired
One of my favourite Everton players.... What's your memories?

Goal at Arsenal and the flicks in Europe for cahill and Osman goals stand out for me

Simply simply lovely

March 01, 2018, 04:36:56 AM
Reply #1

NSNO Subscriber
The partnership with Baines is something that will be talked about through the ages.

In a way he was kind of responsible for the sudden fad of the inverted wingers we see today.

Incredible player for us and someone we haven't even come close to replacing.

March 01, 2018, 04:42:44 AM
Reply #2

Enjoy the retirement. We've not been the same since he left :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:44:33 AM by Trowel » | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 01, 2018, 04:45:13 AM
Reply #3

blue slug

Our last creative player

March 01, 2018, 04:50:38 AM
Reply #4

I was thinking about him the other day along with moyes other signings back in the day..young Baines, young jags, lescott, pienaar, arteta, cahill, yakubu, ossie.
Most of our squad we have now wouldn't get into that team save maybe pickford, Walcott and gana

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap? sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 01, 2018, 04:56:21 AM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

Just his raw, pure joy on the pitch.  His Mandela undershirt.  He was one of the main reasons I first caught the Everton spirit.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 01, 2018, 04:58:00 AM
Reply #6

Pienaar probably the most intelligent player I've seen play for Everton. (On the pitch obviously, his drunken tweets suggested of it he isn't )

March 01, 2018, 05:02:23 AM
Reply #7

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

March 01, 2018, 05:05:55 AM
Reply #8

Tony Clifton

Probably my favourite player since Kanchelskis.  Just such a clever player, could draw a foul in his sleep, was an absolute pleasure to watch him.

I hope he stays in the game and puts that football brain of his to further use.

March 01, 2018, 05:11:47 AM
Reply #9

NSNO Subscriber
Him, Arteta and Baines absolutely rinsing Paul McShane for a whole game was one of my favourite memories.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 01, 2018, 05:16:58 AM
Reply #10

The partnership and rapport with Baines is up there with the best in the premiership and he cost nothing. The fact that he was such an honest and hard working pro makes him a legend, that left side combo will go down in everton folklore.

What I would give for those days now.

March 01, 2018, 05:19:58 AM
Reply #11

NSNO Subscriber
After Big Nev my favourite ever player
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 01, 2018, 05:24:57 AM
Reply #12

NSNO Subscriber
Love the guy. Should of scored more.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 01, 2018, 05:54:25 AM
Reply #13

Loved watching Pienaar play, there will never be a better partnership in modern times like him and Bainesy down our left side. Some of my favorite goals from him were the sweeping finish against Hull (I think) seconds after he came off the bench, the goal that give us the lead against United in the 3-3 game when him and Arteta sliced the Mancs open on the break and his more famous goal against the same team to earn us a 4-4 draw at Old Trafford that effectively cost them the title
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 01, 2018, 06:05:00 AM
Reply #14

Loved his weirdly deep voice.

Like a guinea pig James Earl Jones.