April 25, 2018, 01:31:26 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 6537 times)

March 09, 2018, 08:20:15 PM
Reply #90

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I am expecting not to be called out for offering an opinion . There is a difference between he is utter fucking wank and he keeps making mistakes . He is 24 and has played over 200 games . Now that may not be that much for a keeper but in comparison it is far more experience than any other youngster in our team . That's all folks !

Fucking hell.

I didn't call you out.

Just disagreed with your opinion and asked you to state what mistakes he keeps making.

I'll gladly get into a discussion about Pickford with you as I think he's the business.

So, what mistake is it that he keeps making? I see flaws in his game but have no doubt these will improve over time, but I don't see him making constant errors. If anything he's been our most consistent performer, do you disagree?

March 09, 2018, 08:29:31 PM
Reply #91

Lxxx

I am expecting not to be called out for offering an opinion . There is a difference between he is utter fucking wank and he keeps making mistakes . He is 24 and has played over 200 games . Now that may not be that much for a keeper but in comparison it is far more experience than any other youngster in our team . That's all folks !

Pickford clearly needs work but he's a decent work in progress. He's been exposed this season by our worst set of defenders in recent memory so needs cutting a bit of slack. All he's ever known so far is balls flying at him constantly by teams who can't defend, his career has been like one long training session and not a very good one at that.

I've said it before but I'll give any of our kids a free pass for this season's shitshow. Let's see what they can do in a stable managerial environment.

March 09, 2018, 09:03:30 PM
Reply #92

Rodenplav64

Fucking hell.

I didn't call you out.

Just disagreed with your opinion and asked you to state what mistakes he keeps making.

I'll gladly get into a discussion about Pickford with you as I think he's the business.

So, what mistake is it that he keeps making? I see flaws in his game but have no doubt these will improve over time, but I don't see him making constant errors. If anything he's been our most consistent performer, do you disagree?

Fuck me I feel like EFC Taxi or whatever his name was . The flaws you see are the mistakes I see . You think he is the bollocks I don't so no point in discussing it but poor positioning , getting bullied at corners and pushing it straight back into the box after 200 games are 3 . I agree with Lxxx to a certain extent and like I have said on a  few occasions this season is a fucking write off for a number of reasons . Next season is a fresh a start for anyone who has anything to do with the club ( except Ashley , Sam and Sammy hopefully ) . Hopefully we will have more to agree on for a start . He has made some cracking saves and after another 200 games by which time he will still be young  for a keeper he may have ironed out the 3 flaws I mentioned .

March 09, 2018, 09:44:02 PM
Reply #93

KoemansNumberTens

I've never seen a keeper that pushes so much back into the danger area. His distribution is vastly overrated. He lumps it and on the occasions he doesn't just boot possession away he's a genius. Flaps at plenty too

Now I'm not saying he's not a good prospect. I wouldn't have a clue on that. He's not had a very good season though. If Robles had had the season Pickford is having the same people who are suggesting he might be player of the year would be completely slating him and demanding a replacement

March 09, 2018, 10:03:03 PM
Reply #94

Lxxx

I've never seen a keeper that pushes so much back into the danger area. His distribution is vastly overrated. He lumps it and on the occasions he doesn't just boot possession away he's a genius. Flaps at plenty too

Now I'm not saying he's not a good prospect. I wouldn't have a clue on that. He's not had a very good season though. If Robles had had the season Pickford is having the same people who are suggesting he might be player of the year would be completely slating him and demanding a replacement

He'd benefit greatly by playing in front of at least one defender who can lead and organise whilst defending properly. Robles played in front of a decent defence last season and still managed to look like the last pick in the playground at times.

If he can smarten up his game until the end of the season and concentrate on not making too many errors he'll be England's number one goalkeeper going into a world cup. Which is a decent level to be at and one which gives us something to build on.

March 09, 2018, 10:12:05 PM
Reply #95

Evertonian in NC

He'd benefit greatly by playing in front of at least one defender who can lead and organise whilst defending properly. Robles played in front of a decent defence last season and still managed to look like the last pick in the playground at times.

If he can smarten up his game until the end of the season and concentrate on not making too many errors he'll be England's number one goalkeeper going into a world cup. Which is a decent level to be at and one which gives us something to build on.

Funny thing is...he's used to playing with Holgate, FFS!  And we barely have used him in front of Pickford.  Holgate is plenty intelligent, though it's asking a lot of him to be the lead CB (and Funes Mori is at least half-mental back there, though I like him).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 09, 2018, 10:52:41 PM
Reply #96

SANA_DR0

i think i've seen Pickford make 2 mistakes all season.

the only part of his game i didnt like was, he kicking the ball to the other end of hte pitch, when we didnt have players suitable to get on the end of it, but even so he has excellent long range passing.. If we had players who could utalise that, i would have loved it.. but thats not Pickfords fault.

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 09, 2018, 11:28:00 PM
Reply #97

Rodenplav64

the only part of his game i didnt like was, he kicking the ball to the other end of hte pitch, when we didnt have players suitable to get on the end of it, but even so he has excellent long range passing.. If we had players who could utalise that, i would have loved it.. but thats not Pickfords fault.

Specsavers .

March 09, 2018, 11:34:11 PM
Reply #98

SANA_DR0

Specsavers .

that solidifies your point so much more.

go on then bud, tell me what same mistakes he keeps making. not calling you out... i just want to gain an understanding on what im not seeing.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 10, 2018, 12:12:28 AM
Reply #99

KoemansNumberTens

Don't disagree he's not been helped or that he could become a quality keeper. Just don't get why people have to pretend he's performed well. He hasn't but like you say there's plenty of mitigation

March 10, 2018, 12:15:02 AM
Reply #100

KoemansNumberTens

My memory is shite. So we've got the save before the Watford pen. The goal against Arsenal where he pushed it back into danger. Are they the 2. I think I've probably seen closer to 20 (not all leading to goals)

March 10, 2018, 12:46:01 AM
Reply #101

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's played well.

Anyone else?

March 10, 2018, 12:53:07 AM
Reply #102

Ross

Canít understand the joy some people seemingly get in pulling young inexperienced players apart.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 10, 2018, 01:06:09 AM
Reply #103

KoemansNumberTens

Canít understand the joy some people seemingly get in pulling young inexperienced players apart.

AKA taking the blue tinted glasses off.

March 10, 2018, 01:10:38 AM
Reply #104

Rodenplav64

Can’t understand the joy some people seemingly get in pulling young inexperienced players apart.

Grow up mate .