September 26, 2018, 05:39:35 PM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 8875 times)

March 02, 2018, 12:29:53 AM
Read 8875 times

KoemansNumberTens

Massively overrated. Lookman is the 1 that could play at the highest level. Davies probably has a decent career with us. The rest probably won't be good enough to play for a decent Everton long term

March 07, 2018, 01:32:11 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

I like to have a look on other clubs forums. Mainly because I can be miserable on there and not fall out with blues

Anyways..... no one rates our young players apart from us. Maybe lookman and Davies a little bit. Not DCL. Not Kenny. Not Pickford. Not Holgate. I do think we rate them more in hope that they'll become the worldclass players we desperately need rather than what we actually see on a Saturday

March 07, 2018, 04:50:38 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Go and post there then. Sounds like you'll fit in well.

They're all good players with premier league futures, some will make it at a higher level, some will just have solid careers so am not sure what your point is?

I guess my point is that most think our great youngsters are in the main a bit shit. That maybe people on here rate the likes of Pickford Holgate Vlasic, DCL and kenny in hope rather than anything they've seen because they've all been a bit crap

March 08, 2018, 08:43:33 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Be utterly amazed if DCL is in the England squad. Jesus even England aren't quite that shit

March 08, 2018, 09:12:20 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

"Hold my (lukewarm) beer"

- England

I know but come on. He's nowhere near good enough

March 08, 2018, 09:13:59 PM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Surely Walcott would be a much better choice than DCL?

March 09, 2018, 09:44:02 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

I've never seen a keeper that pushes so much back into the danger area. His distribution is vastly overrated. He lumps it and on the occasions he doesn't just boot possession away he's a genius. Flaps at plenty too

Now I'm not saying he's not a good prospect. I wouldn't have a clue on that. He's not had a very good season though. If Robles had had the season Pickford is having the same people who are suggesting he might be player of the year would be completely slating him and demanding a replacement

March 10, 2018, 12:12:28 AM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

He'd benefit greatly by playing in front of at least one defender who can lead and organise whilst defending properly. Robles played in front of a decent defence last season and still managed to look like the last pick in the playground at times.

If he can smarten up his game until the end of the season and concentrate on not making too many errors he'll be England's number one goalkeeper going into a world cup. Which is a decent level to be at and one which gives us something to build on.

Don't disagree he's not been helped or that he could become a quality keeper. Just don't get why people have to pretend he's performed well. He hasn't but like you say there's plenty of mitigation

March 10, 2018, 12:15:02 AM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

i think i've seen Pickford make 2 mistakes all season.

the only part of his game i didnt like was, he kicking the ball to the other end of hte pitch, when we didnt have players suitable to get on the end of it, but even so he has excellent long range passing.. If we had players who could utalise that, i would have loved it.. but thats not Pickfords fault.

My memory is shite. So we've got the save before the Watford pen. The goal against Arsenal where he pushed it back into danger. Are they the 2. I think I've probably seen closer to 20 (not all leading to goals)

March 10, 2018, 01:06:09 AM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

Canít understand the joy some people seemingly get in pulling young inexperienced players apart.

AKA taking the blue tinted glasses off.

March 10, 2018, 02:48:36 AM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

Aye, but replacing them with 'everything is shit' tinted specs doesn't work either.

My opinions on most of our players are in line with most none Everton fans.

No one outside of our forums think Pickford has had a good season. No one thinks DCL is a great prospect

We've been here before time and time again in fact. Rodwell Cadamateri branch etc etc etc.

I'm not saying Pickford is shit. I'm not saying he won't make a great keeper. He sure hasn't been good this season though. I don't know why people pretend he has.

March 11, 2018, 05:24:07 PM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

i really dont get how anyone can hate the youngsters.. they're still learning the trade, so to speak. the only experience they really have is reserve games,youth football.. its a pretty big step up from that level to be consistently in the the first team squad, As we all know, when we're younger we make mistakes. It takes a bit of time to get past that and too iron them out..
The more they play, the less mistakes they will make.. but if that not the case, least give them til they've had a few seasons with us before the hate starts.

some people want instant success... with youth,, which is highly unlikely.

Does anyone hate the youngsters. Saying someone hasn't had a great season isn't hate. My mum is absolutely crap at football I do quite like her though. People are so dramatic. There's a grey area between Pickford being player of the year and people wanting him beaten about his large buttocks with sticks cos they hate him.

I'm possibly the most miserable person on here and I don't hate any of them. There's quite a list of players it's apparently okay to hate (Williams Martina Morgan)
I'm a little baffled as to why that's acceptable but not rating DCL really isn't

March 11, 2018, 05:34:23 PM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

maybe hate was too strong of a word,

DCL just turned 21, he has played less than a full season, he's still learning his trade (as i pointed out in my previous post about youngsters) he hasnt developed fully.

while While Williams Martina and Morgan are hated as the trundle around the pitch like they dont give a fuck about Everton(non of our youngsters act like that) plus they are SEASONED proffesionals. who are pretty woeful.

do you see the difference?

Of course I see the difference. I get a DCL needs more slack and time. However you get a much worse response on here saying you simply don't think DCL will be good enough than you do saying you hate Williams or calling Allardyce all sorts of names
I'm genuinely not having williams has been poor to spite us. He's either out of form or just not very good anymore. I don't get why anyone hates him. I don't get why anyone's so insulted when you don't rate 1 of the young players.

March 11, 2018, 09:16:50 PM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, it's really baffling, isn't it.

I mean, it's not like one group consists of experienced players, full internationals, and the other of kids who've barely had a sniff at first team football.

A mystery wrapped in an enema.

You think they are doing it on purpose?? That Williams is out to get us and so playing shit on purpose. Hate is a very strong emotion for an athlete or manager who maybe isnt quite good enough.

March 19, 2018, 03:13:19 PM
Reply #14

KoemansNumberTens

Allardyce was right. Lookman has gone on loan to a club where he isnít playing
Daft move. We actually shouldnít have let him go there