November 16, 2018, 07:29:31 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 9461 times)

March 01, 2018, 10:20:41 PM
Read 9461 times

sam of the south

How good do we reckon they are and will be?

Which ones will flourishe when we get a new manager in?

Also, this vid 👌🏼

Kenny is such a lad, and Davies is a top wind up  :hug:

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 01, 2018, 11:04:11 PM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Tier One: Tom Davies is pure class, we let him go and we will rue the fucking day.  He has that "special something" that Stonesy lacked.

Tier Two: DCL and Mason Holgate are legitimate contributors at the Premiership level.  DCL should at least be part of the striker rotation, and Mason at minimum the #2 CB for a long time.  Maybe not stars, but solid contributors, and players you feel good about having in the XI, or at least the squad.

Tier Three: We really need to see what we have in Lookman and Onyekuru.  I don't see how anyone could be certain yet, but we need a manager who is not only willing, but also eager to find out.  I probably also put Beni here, but YMMV.

Who am I missing?  I think Kenny is probably more of a squad player, but useful to have around.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 01, 2018, 11:46:21 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Quietly putting my eggs in the Lookman, Davies, DCL basket.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 02, 2018, 12:29:53 AM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Massively overrated. Lookman is the 1 that could play at the highest level. Davies probably has a decent career with us. The rest probably won't be good enough to play for a decent Everton long term

March 02, 2018, 12:35:34 AM
Reply #4

pedrotheblue

Lookman and Davies both with massive potential, Davies is a ballsy little snide who reads the game well beyond his years. From the little flashes of brilliance I've seen and  if handled in the right way Lookman could be scarily good, the type of player we've been craving for years.

IF DCL can work on his finishing he'll be a very useful squad player, Holgate just needs to fill out and mature a little.

Very disappointed not to have seen more of Vlasic, been harshly treated by both our managers this season imo. Like what I've seen in parts but needs more time to show what he is capable of.

JJK again a very useful squad player, pity he hasn't got a touch more pace as this is must for any modern day FB.

I love the camaraderie there seems to be between all our young lads, anything kicks of during a game and they're all steaming in to back each other up.

It's a crying shame none of these lads have had the opportunity to play within a stable and cohesive team, given time to settle and develop their games. Instead they've had undue pressure and expectancy heaped upon them, only to be been written of by many  when they don't perform as world beaters week after week and solve all our problems. All this whilst our so called senior players fucking hide and pass the buck.

March 02, 2018, 12:59:04 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Holgate is as naturally talented a CB you'll find but we've bought the likes of Ashley fucking Williams instead.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 02, 2018, 01:03:13 AM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Davies will be a good Premier league midfielder.

Holgate similar at cb

Lookman could literally be anything. He's got talent, he needs working with.

Dcl will probably be one of those players who is too good for the championship but not quite pl level

Baningime.... I liked the look of him tbh. I have hope he can make it and be a good pl player

Kenny will play pl football, not sure he is good enough tho really

Vlasic could be a very good player but getting no games now is hampering him

Onyereku could he absolutely anything

Anyone else in our u23s got a chance??
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:04:22 AM by Jimmywhack »
Simply simply lovely

March 02, 2018, 01:23:20 AM
Reply #7

Alanvideo

Got high hopes for Bangininme .
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 02, 2018, 01:33:01 AM
Reply #8

gizzblue

Under the right manager ....all those named ...Johnjoe ,Dcl,
Vlasic ,will  be good prem players . ...I honestly believe we have special talent in Davies,Holgate ,lookman and Henry Oneyerku nurtured properly all will be great players ....hope we can keep them all ...but im not holding out hope given our history with the best talents.
Born not made a blue .

March 02, 2018, 03:01:11 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If lookman or ouyekuru are able to step up and play for us next year in the prem it could potentially save us millions, and sort out that left wing/left forward position, I would be over the fucking moon.

Dowell I think will just get slated at everton. Very happy to see him back in the fold but yeah, we’ve got the 28 year old version shunted out left wing at the min so not sure he’s needed right now.

Kenny, not convinced.

Holgate like him in fits and starts and pleasingly comfortable on the ball. Has a tendency so get his pants pulled down by superior players which is sort of fair enough.

Beni hard to say.

Vlasic hard to say but has impressed me personally. Would like to see him stake a claim.

DCL I don’t think will ever be a prolific goal scorer but more of an all round mobile front man who can link up well. Would like to see us making chances for him but imo if your forward never puts his foot through the ball then he maybe doesn’t have that gunman mentality needed. Think he will be a very good player.

Davies I absolutely love, but another one who never strikes a ball cleanly either laces or side foot. Busy and industrious and forward thinking in his play, and ONLY 19 standing out at cm is unreal. Future top player but mostly through his mentality.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 02, 2018, 09:22:57 AM
Reply #10

cantoffee

Highest potential probably Lookman, but mostly likely to succeed would be Davies.

Top mentality and the most likely to get and stay at the top of his game.

March 02, 2018, 02:29:07 PM
Reply #11

Hawkandro

This is why the need for a progressive coach is dire; next season we really need to be fully integrating Lookman, Vlasic, Benigime alongside giving more game time to DCL, Davies and JJK.

Lookman will be tricky to keep if you ask me. If he does well in Germany, you can see him wanting to stay there with their young players all doing very well.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 02, 2018, 02:55:21 PM
Reply #12

Makis

Onyekuru might never get a work permit.

Davies has a knack of making things happen, he drives the team forward. That's a great ability to have. Still lots to do but the signs are good.

DCL looks like someone who will make a decent career as the #2 striker in a midtable PL team. A Troy Deeney type, if you will. He's still young but he needs to improve his finishing drastically to go beyond that.

Holgate has looked good in his outings but frankly in that defence it doesn't take much so the jury's out.

Kenny, too, looks a decent prospect but it was easy to see how far he's still to go when Coleman was back. Still, an attacking fullback or wing-back position in the PL is definitely doable. It's more a question of the level within.

Baningime is impossible to judge. Anyone can look good replacing Schneiderlin. He looked decent but that's about it.

Lookkman's problem is he doesn't really fit into many roles. In that sense a lot like Deulofeu, neither can defend so they have to play as wide forwards rather than midfielders. Needs to improve decision making and off-the-ball play considerably if he is to cash in on his strengths. He's no Neymar with the ball so that alone just isn't enough at this level.

Dowell has all the signs of a lower league cult player. Scores wondergoals but overall contribution is not enough for this level.

Vlasic's defensive contribution is on par with Lookman but his decision making is better with the ball and he's obviously more physical which also helps. This means he can also play centrally in the #10 role which gives more options.

March 02, 2018, 05:08:30 PM
Reply #13

stirlingblue

DCL looks like he will become somebody like Callum Wilson or Jay Rodriguez, a solid PL forward but probably not the level we aspire to as a starter.

If he stays and we do get better then he could be our Welbeck

March 02, 2018, 06:49:31 PM
Reply #14

Bluenose 91

I think the lack of that little burst of pace will hold Davies back from becoming top level.

Similar in a way to Osman.  Probably have a good career with us but just don't see that extra little bit in him.