December 11, 2018, 08:07:05 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 9710 times)

March 07, 2018, 03:07:00 PM
Reply #30

Toffee1

And does anyone know where Vlasic is?

He's been sent on a quest to find Sam the art of attacking football and also the trait of humility. Given that he was advised where to look by Steve Walsh, he could be gone a long time. However, all could be remedied by the appointment of a new manager and DOF, who actually know what they are doing and don't just talk a good game.

In all seriousness, this might shed a bit more light.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/17-18/news/36366.html

Hopefully, he will be playing more next season but under a new Everton manager.

March 07, 2018, 03:10:04 PM
Reply #31

gizzblue

Harry Kane is a huge rarity going from where he was to where he did in such a quick time as in about 10 career goals at Dcls age now to 30+ the following season. The challenge for dcl is he doesn't look a major threat with goals. He's played quite a lot of games but I couldn't say what kind of finisher he is, if he has a hard shot, decent shot with his left foot etc because he seems to barely have efforts on goal when he plays.

He has a lot of good attributes and must take instructions well for managers to use him as much as they have and trust him in unnatural positions to a job off the ball. So if he gets stronger and develops with the experience he will get he could become a useful forward even without goals like teams have from people like Okazaki. If he doesn't develop and become a good focal point and and doesn't add goals in he won't make it at this level. But it's just whether goal instincts can be developed, movement around the box or how good a finisher he is but that will come down to the level of coaching as well.
Let's not forget though, it's not like the entire team have had an abundance of shots this year either (lowest numbers in league)...would love to see the lad have some proper service into him as a striker to make a proper decision. ..rekon he's gonna be a quality baller though tbh.
Born not made a blue .

March 07, 2018, 03:13:20 PM
Reply #32

sam of the south

He's been sent on a quest to find Sam the art of attacking football and also the trait of humility. Given that he was advised where to look by Steve Walsh, he could be gone a long time. However, all could be remedied by the appointment of a new manager and DOF, who actually know what they are doing and don't just talk a good game.

In all seriousness, this might shed a bit more light.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/17-18/news/36366.html

Hopefully, he will be playing more next season but under a new Everton manager.

My god, Allardyce waffles almost as much as Martinez
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 07, 2018, 03:17:58 PM
Reply #33

Toffee1

My god, Allardyce waffles almost as much as Martinez

Let's hope his end of the season is similar to Roberto's last at Everton.

March 07, 2018, 03:26:35 PM
Reply #34

Hawkandro

So, reading that, Vlasic and the other kids have done really well this season, and the senior players have let the club down with their performances, but we won't play the kids anymore and will continue with the senior players?

Riiiiiight.

Just make it stop, please. Make it stop.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 07, 2018, 03:46:44 PM
Reply #35

GrantyBoy78

For me itís more to do with their journey to becoming 1st team regular. If we want to achieve anything as a club we canít have young defenders costing us goals, young midfielders giving the ball away and young attackers missing good chances.

March 07, 2018, 04:50:38 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

Go and post there then. Sounds like you'll fit in well.

They're all good players with premier league futures, some will make it at a higher level, some will just have solid careers so am not sure what your point is?

I guess my point is that most think our great youngsters are in the main a bit shit. That maybe people on here rate the likes of Pickford Holgate Vlasic, DCL and kenny in hope rather than anything they've seen because they've all been a bit crap

March 07, 2018, 04:53:37 PM
Reply #37

sam of the south

I guess my point is that most think our great youngsters are in the main a bit shit. That maybe people on here rate the likes of Pickford Holgate Vlasic, DCL and kenny in hope rather than anything they've seen because they've all been a bit crap

Another viewpoint could be that supporters of other clubs havenít really watched our players, and so their opinions are barely even valid
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 07, 2018, 05:14:59 PM
Reply #38

Toddacelli

Another viewpoint could be that supporters of other clubs havenít really watched our players, and so their opinions are barely even valid

Yup. About as valid as my views on youngsters from... er... well any club other than Everton tbf

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 07, 2018, 05:28:36 PM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

And just where exactly are you getting these opinions from and why are you using them as a basis on which to judge the young players.

The majority of our fans are level headed when it comes to the young players, just take this thread for example. I accept sometimes we can go over the top, but I haven't really seen anyone call these players world class.

The reason you get yourself so wound up is because everything is black and white to you.

Players are either great or shit. There's no middle ground with you, so when you see someone say something like 'I think DCL can be a very good player with inprovement' you can't comprehend anyone having such a point of view.

These are young players by the way, they're going to have periods when they are shit. That's another thing you don't seem to be able to comprehend.

March 07, 2018, 05:36:02 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

For me it’s more to do with their journey to becoming 1st team regular. If we want to achieve anything as a club we can’t have young defenders costing us goals, young midfielders giving the ball away and young attackers missing good chances.

That's what they all do though, it's called learning.

March 07, 2018, 05:37:58 PM
Reply #41

Macca77

If any of our up and coming youngsters played for a more fashionable "sky club" they would have quite a few international caps by now, McTominay at United is a prime example of this, plays a few times, and instantly has Southgate asking him to commit to England, Solanke is another one, hardly played for the shite but gets an England call up.

March 07, 2018, 05:49:56 PM
Reply #42

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If any of our up and coming youngsters played for a more fashionable "sky club" they would have quite a few international caps by now, McTominay at United is a prime example of this, plays a few times, and instantly has Southgate asking him to commit to England, Solanke is another one, hardly played for the shite but gets an England call up.
I know a lad who supports man city, thinks mctominay and solanke are shit
Simply simply lovely

March 07, 2018, 06:03:50 PM
Reply #43

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Harry Kane is a huge rarity going from where he was to where he did in such a quick time as in about 10 career goals at Dcls age now to 30+ the following season. The challenge for dcl is he doesnít look a major threat with goals. Heís played quite a lot of games but I couldnít say what kind of finisher he is, if he has a hard shot, decent shot with his left foot etc because he seems to barely have efforts on goal when he plays.

He has a lot of good attributes and must take instructions well for managers to use him as much as they have and trust him in unnatural positions to a job off the ball. So if he gets stronger and develops with the experience he will get he could become a useful forward even without goals like teams have from people like Okazaki. If he doesnít develop and become a good focal point and and doesnít add goals in he wonít make it at this level. But itís just whether goal instincts can be developed, movement around the box or how good a finisher he is but that will come down to the level of coaching as well.

I was very cautious about using this as an example. But Iím too lazy to make more of an effort. But the wild direct comparison aside I think the point still stands. You get a lot of young strikers who are quality fonishers but have to work for a very long time to refine other attributes. I think this kid deserves a lot of the time because his movement is decent enough that he hasnít been shipped out, if we could refine other parts of his game then I think we have stone cold killer on our hands.

I also think itís hard for him to showcase his finishing because he gets like 1 chance every 10 or 12 games due to our system of not wanting to lose a match. So all the chances he gets he seems to try his ďtried and trustedĒ method of picking his spot, which may have served him very well in training and at previous clubs.

March 08, 2018, 01:54:16 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Harry Kane is a huge rarity going from where he was to where he did in such a quick time as in about 10 career goals at Dcls age now to 30+ the following season. The challenge for dcl is he doesnít look a major threat with goals. Heís played quite a lot of games but I couldnít say what kind of finisher he is, if he has a hard shot, decent shot with his left foot etc because he seems to barely have efforts on goal when he plays.

He has a lot of good attributes and must take instructions well for managers to use him as much as they have and trust him in unnatural positions to a job off the ball. So if he gets stronger and develops with the experience he will get he could become a useful forward even without goals like teams have from people like Okazaki. If he doesnít develop and become a good focal point and and doesnít add goals in he wonít make it at this level. But itís just whether goal instincts can be developed, movement around the box or how good a finisher he is but that will come down to the level of coaching as well.

Iím in this sort of area with him.

I think compared to most youth strikers he looks to have a rounder game, and in terms of athleticism, touch and technical ability he looks potentially very good - the worry is he doesnít look hungry for goals.

Not sure what Kane was like as a teenager, but I remember watching that u23 tournament and I wanted to pull my hair out because every time he had a sniff he would blast the ball as hard as he could. Wasnít very wise but you could plainly see he could strike a ball very cleanly from a range of angles and positions, make an inch and put it in the vicinity of the bottom corner (much like Jermaine Defoe did for his whole career).

Donít think Iíve ever seen dcl strike through a ball.

Strikes me as a training ground finisher. Take it round those two cones and bury it, you got it boss tip tap tip net. But when it comes to pure hunger for goals, lashing the cb and just twatting it - more likely to see niasse do that.

One massive, massive caveat - weíre one of the worst sides in the league for making chances, canít eat if nobodyís cookiní.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.