September 21, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 32615 times)

June 15, 2018, 07:01:01 PM
Reply #420

Lxxx

Wouldn't it be lovely if we had a midfielder who could actually tackle, run and pass the ball forwards as well. Instead of this obsession with only being able to do one part or the other and thinking that's your only remit.

June 15, 2018, 07:08:30 PM
Reply #421

formerKHL

Wouldn't it be lovely if we had a midfielder who could actually tackle, run and pass the ball forwards as well. Instead of this obsession with only being able to do one part or the other and thinking that's your only remit.

i'd love a fabrigas/mata type midfielder.....oh the joy to see a slide rule pass played into the channel for our forward who just strokes it home deftly.....

June 21, 2018, 10:12:13 PM
Reply #422

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Word going round that Silva really likes dowell and has told him he’s a big part of his plans.

June 21, 2018, 10:34:07 PM
Reply #423

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Word going round that Silva really likes dowell and has told him he’s a big part of his plans.

Be made up if true, i like him a lot.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

June 21, 2018, 10:51:04 PM
Reply #424

D15TIN

that would explain not bidding for maddison then, the two had similar stats last season I think

June 22, 2018, 01:47:48 AM
Reply #425

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Reckon he uses him and Sigurdsson alternating in a cm playmaker role like de bruyne last year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 22, 2018, 01:59:42 AM
Reply #426

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm really surprised if this is true but it's a massive change if it's true and I'm all for that.

June 25, 2018, 06:18:20 AM
Reply #427

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 25, 2018, 06:48:36 AM
Reply #428

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing new (or reliable) here but there's not been much last two days

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/711871/Everton-transfer-news-Marco-Silva-Wayne-Rooney-Morgan-Schneiderlin-Yannick-Bolasie-latest?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

I hope those outgoing transfers come off, although I think it'll be tough to shift Williams if he still is injured.

Rooney, Schneiderlin, Williams, Bolasie along with Mori has be a fair chunk off the wage bill.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

June 25, 2018, 01:14:53 PM
Reply #429

Paddockoldie

I'm expecting West Ham to be busy in our sale.. Can see two of those going there, but anywhere would do.

June 25, 2018, 01:35:59 PM
Reply #430

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'd still like to keep Morgan
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 25, 2018, 02:51:37 PM
Reply #431

mikey_blue

Word going round that Silva really likes dowell and has told him he's a big part of his plans.

If the players around him can graft and give him the protection he needs to express himself offensively then we might have a player on our hands.

Pickford
 Coleman Holgate Keane Baines                         
                         Gana                                 
                                   Sig
                Dowell

Walcott    Tosun   Lookman

Could be interesting.

Still need a proper complete CB and a passing CM.

June 25, 2018, 03:19:06 PM
Reply #432

Waltzer

I hope those outgoing transfers come off, although I think it'll be tough to shift Williams if he still is injured.

Rooney, Schneiderlin, Williams, Bolasie along with Mori has be a fair chunk off the wage bill.

I hope they do too, however, with Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Schneiderlin, Williams and Bolasie potentially going thats a lot of senior players either within the first team or around the first team squad that need replacing/improving on which isnt going to be easy. Also, history will tell you overhauls of the first team squad to this extent rarely work out that well, when you break it down its 105 appearances between them last season so its not like they weren't utilised.

June 25, 2018, 03:50:23 PM
Reply #433

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I hope they do too, however, with Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Schneiderlin, Williams and Bolasie potentially going thats a lot of senior players either within the first team or around the first team squad that need replacing/improving on which isnt going to be easy. Also, history will tell you overhauls of the first team squad to this extent rarely work out that well, when you break it down its 105 appearances between them last season so its not like they weren't utilised.

You don’t have to replace everyone that goes out

Robles and Mori are two people who haven’t contributed anything of note for a good while whilst picking up a decent wage. They’re just ones go get off the wage bill.

Williams is another who could go without having to get a replacement as you’d like to think we were signing a CB regardless of him staying or going.

Rooney as well as we’re well stocked in the centre midfield area.

You can also add Sandro and klassen to this list.

Some players just need to go and get off the wage bill.

June 25, 2018, 03:56:44 PM
Reply #434

Lxxx

Wouldn't surprise me to see Sandro come back this season under Silva. Maybe a change of emphasis in how we play, a latin coach and no-one big enough interested to pay him what we do might mean we try and utilise him instead of paying big money on a replacement, which it doesn't look as if we've got. I've no idea whether there is a player in there or not but he's ours so we may as well try.