August 20, 2019, 05:24:24 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 43264 times)

April 16, 2018, 02:16:45 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Couldn't disagree more with you in regards to Gana and Sigurdsson @kramer0

If a player like Kante can be a major contributor to two titles then there's no reason to believe that Gana isn't good enough for top 6. I know you have issues with him in an attacking sense and they're valid but a top 6 standard manager wouldn't place that sort of expectation or responsibility on him. Like we see with the role Kante plays at Chelsea.

Sigurdsson has gotten better and better this season and considering he didn't play a pre-season with us then that bodes well for next season. We didn't see it much this season because of how awful we are against the top 6 but he regularly made the difference in those sort of matches at Swansea by coming up with goals in the biggest occasions and we need a player to do that if we are to close the gap. The fact he's a technically talented player as well as a supremely hard-working one makes him a vital asset to a top 6 charge in my opinion.

I also don't see what Walcott has done overall. Fortunately he's managed to keep himself fit so far which was a concern but he's as invisible as Mirallas much of the time.

Terrible take.

Iím a massive Gana fan, and I do think he could play in the top 6 actually, but Kante is twice the player frankly.

Sigurdsson is an individual talent with mercurial ball striking. Thatís fine if you have other good attributes e.g great vision, powerful/explosive running or good 1v1 ability, but he doesnít. Heís also the wrong side of 25 so I likely to ever show anything he hasnít showed so far.

A good tool (and a good player, again, I like him) but for top sides that number 10 or wide forward role is too important to waste on a Sigurdsson.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 19, 2018, 07:23:47 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Perfect world for me would be :

Pickford
Other

Coleman Keane* Other Baines
Other     Jags      Other  Other

Gana Other Other
Davies Other Other

Walcott   Tosun*   Gylfi
Other      Other     Other

* maybes, like 60/40 sure they will be first teamers.

Some of the above it would be great to get a few younger, better upgrades e.g Baines, Gylfi, Tosun perhaps, but it feels a bit daft to suggest that when we have basically a black hole weíre a top 6 midfield should be and no proven game changer in the squad.

Hopefully some from :

DCL
Holgate
Henry
Lookman

Step up and take some of those Other spots.

What happens to the rest I donít really mind. Would be an egregious error if Williams for example continued to get minutes next year, but if the likes of Bolasie, FM, Niasse, got a few minutes without taking from good players or young players then sound. Equally if they are sold to the lowest bidder Iím not really arsed.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 24, 2018, 01:25:21 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Perfect world for me would be :

Pickford
Other

Coleman Keane* Other Baines
Other     Jags      Other  Other

Gana Other Other
Davies Other Other

Walcott   Tosun*   Gylfi
Other      Other     Other

* maybes, like 60/40 sure they will be first teamers.

Some of the above it would be great to get a few younger, better upgrades e.g Baines, Gylfi, Tosun perhaps, but it feels a bit daft to suggest that when we have basically a black hole weíre a top 6 midfield should be and no proven game changer in the squad.

Hopefully some from :

DCL
Holgate
Henry
Lookman

Step up and take some of those Other spots.

What happens to the rest I donít really mind. Would be an egregious error if Williams for example continued to get minutes next year, but if the likes of Bolasie, FM, Niasse, got a few minutes without taking from good players or young players then sound. Equally if they are sold to the lowest bidder Iím not really arsed.

Starting to think very strongly that a better front man will be needed.

Would personally be starting DCL if we had to win games, but Iím happy with either because both need minutes.

April 24, 2018, 05:26:52 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We don't really get or keep the ball in the final third, so not really sure we can judge Tosun personally.

Yes, only thing stopping me from being in the Ďthis guy is a turkeyí camp. As I said in a previous thread, hard to judge anyone until this mess is all behind us.

May 01, 2018, 01:09:30 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That goal was special like.

Saw someone saying heís a bit harry Kane ish.

Is he? That goal had a shade of him, in that he got half a yard and buried it. The xg for that shot wasnít very high I canít imagine but he stuck it low into the corner. Sort of goal Kane scores lots of.

Would really like to see a good creator behind him. Or yeah, another cf alongside him. Just chances would be good.

He did a good bit of silkyness as well after the goal - sort of spun one or two men and drove into the box. Would love to see more of that but yeah, at the moment heís chasing flickons or running
channels like a shane long which obviously isnít ideal, and would arguably suit DCL better.

May 02, 2018, 07:59:53 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I want him to stay, he's been slowly getting back his best recently

Not worth the risk imo.

Sell.

May 03, 2018, 04:37:32 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely no way he should be going out on loan again.

Does he qualify for a permit next year?

May 18, 2018, 06:39:37 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
CM - Max Meyer contract running out. Hes Young but good enough by far. Carvalho linked, like for like with schneiderlin. Paredes, bit of a mix of both, could you tempt from zenit? Frenkie De Jong a bit early and destined for CL?

LB - honesty no idea. Would have said Luke Shaw was nailed on for Walshy, but Franky Fabra could be a goer under Brands,despite the seemingly Cronenbergian timeline.

CB - someone said Tah? Like the idea of that. De Ligt if we want to go down the Stones route. I think I would prefer an athletically dominant CB...Mawson still realistic?

CF - iheanacho would be my choice if Leicester aren’t entirely convinced. Would still be interested in dembele, embolo, Dolberg, Willian Josť....belotti ? Someone has to buy him at some point.

Superstar factor : neres, lozano, mahrez (old but OK), bergwijn, kluivert, Oyarzabal, inaki Williams, Adama traore, guedes, ziyech, sisto, demarai gray, James Maddison.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:19:49 PM by brap2 »

May 19, 2018, 11:44:28 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some football manager like spending sprees on here .

Ä100m budget, maybe plus whatever we pull in from transfers.

May 20, 2018, 05:35:57 AM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Being extremely conservative, I would say :

1. Williams
2. Mirallas

Slightly less conservative would include also :

3. Rooney
4. Schneiderlin
5. Funes Mori

May 21, 2018, 06:25:49 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Deffo some additions I missed by accident in there yeah. Robles, McCarthy, Besic, Garbutt, got to be another £20m in shifting them..

May 21, 2018, 07:56:40 PM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Did one of them have a little hole in it? Seem to remember that.

June 01, 2018, 04:01:23 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford
Other

Coleman Keane Other Baines
Other     Jags    Holgate Other

Gana Other* Other
Beni  Other   Davies

Walcott  Tosun Gylfi^
Other     Other Lookman
             DCL    Bolasie

* Carvalho? Torreira? Keep Schneiderlin? The other CM is most important, potentially this Ozyakup.

^or in the 10 preferably. Still wouldnít mind him as an advanced CM. Would launch Bolasie if a big bid comes in but would be interested to see what silva can get out of him, probably using him as a push and run merchant on the break, which would be great imo.

So minimum 3 first team players plus at least two or three who can be relied on for ~10-20 apps in LB and maybe up top.

Not cheap, but anyone who isnít either a) still OK and completely worthless in revenue like Jags, Baines or b) young enough with a potential upside like Lookman, Davies, Holgate can go at the right price.

June 04, 2018, 02:10:17 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You must have loved Ballack in his prime then.

Still watches vids of prime yaya walking through teams for fun

June 13, 2018, 04:09:12 PM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Two Ďoutsí for me there