June 23, 2018, 11:34:55 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 16953 times)

March 05, 2018, 12:18:02 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford

Coleman Holgate Jags Baines

Walcott Gueye Davies Bolasie

Sigurddsson

Tosun

Would be my current 11 but Coleman, Jags and Baines all need to be squad players at best very soon.

I would like to think Klaassen, Calvert Lewin, Keane and Lookman will have big roles to play in the future but I wouldn't put money on it. We really need a centre back and creative midfielder desperately.

We’ve been absolutely at sea all year and jags hasn’t had a sniff.

Will leave the club or retire very soon I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 05, 2018, 12:49:39 AM
Reply #46

Heisenberg

Another squad rebuild isn’t  ideal in this inflated market is it? How much would it cost to assemble Spurs squad in this market? Using them as an example as we were the last club to break into the ‘elite’.

I mean ideally we'd have a DoF who could get it done on the cheap. Unfortunately our one is a big fat fraud. 

March 05, 2018, 01:37:46 AM
Reply #47

blue slug

We’ve bought so poorly it will take 4 transfer windows to get reasonabley sorted

March 05, 2018, 01:46:54 AM
Reply #48

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We’ve been absolutely at sea all year and jags hasn’t had a sniff.

Will leave the club or retire very soon I think.

He's had injury issues this year I think but yeah I think you are right

March 05, 2018, 05:42:03 AM
Reply #49

Tony Clifton

I don't think we have to worry too much about getting shut of the likes of Williams, Schneiderlin, Mirallas.

Klaassen and Sandro as good as gone.   Baines, Jags, Rooney legs going, going...

Lookman one foot out of the door.  DCL and Holgate possibly growing more restless by the minute, understandably.  Can't see Vlasic wanting to hang around much longer.  Gana and Pickford likely to be targeted, and unsettled. 

There's our likely and potential losses.  Some welcome/needed, most not so. 

Hope we've got some answers in youth.

Someone get Moshiri a new etch a sketch.

Couldn't wait for last summer, this one coming terrifies me.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:45:25 AM by Tony Clifton »

March 05, 2018, 05:54:07 AM
Reply #50

Redartin

We could sell another load of shite to Sunderland and take them down another division.

Do not be shocked if Seamus is no longer with us next season. Remember where you heard it first.

OP left out Besic, although he may stay at Borough, especially if they come up.

March 05, 2018, 03:34:01 PM
Reply #51

SANA_DR0

We could sell another load of shite to Sunderland and take them down another division.

Do not be shocked if Seamus is no longer with us next season. Remember where you heard it first.

No idea why i left out super Mo... wish he comes back.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 05, 2018, 03:42:12 PM
Reply #52

sam of the south

What have you heard about Coleman?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 05, 2018, 04:09:42 PM
Reply #53

Alanvideo

What have you heard about Coleman?
..................Seamus is in the first year of a 5 year contract ,signed while he was injured. Probably be captain next season . I'd be surprised if wants to go.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 05, 2018, 04:17:47 PM
Reply #54

TheTone

We’ve bought so poorly it will take 14 transfer windows to get reasonabley sorted

fixed

March 05, 2018, 04:25:18 PM
Reply #55

sam of the south

..................Seamus is in the first year of a 5 year contract ,signed while he was injured. Probably be captain next season . I'd be surprised if wants to go.

Same here.

What an odd thing to want to claim itk for, though.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 05, 2018, 05:28:44 PM
Reply #56

dunkster

God so much depends upon this new manager that we HAVE to get. Can't imagine any of the current squad like or want SA. If the new manager doesn't inspire then I can see a mass exodus. Which by the way i welcome for a number of players here.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 05, 2018, 06:39:03 PM
Reply #57

Jay

Id go after Sanches (and expect to get slated for saying so) and have Davis and Gana in mid with him.....covering a hell of a lot of ground with those three. Then get Lookman and Onyekuru (work permit permitting) on the wings and let them use their pace

March 05, 2018, 06:49:12 PM
Reply #58

Dr. Sponge

Pickford

Coleman Holgate New New

Davies Sig Gueye

Lookman Walcott Onyekuru

Could work.... Maybe.

March 05, 2018, 06:56:11 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need a new CM I’m absolutely convinced, maybe more than one.

If that means Davies plays less or forces himself in in front of sigurdsson at 10/slightly deeper than 10 in a three I’d be fine with it, but at the moment we are very, very poor on the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Centre halves need totally rejuvenating as well. We need legs and we need bollocks and we need ball playing ability. Can’t rustle up two out of the three at any one time at the moment, beginning to suspect holgates time at the club is coming to an unceremonious end as well, just not sure why..

Keane FM surely the next combo to try, but at this point it feels like keane writes his own ticket out the club with each game.

Be ruthless in the summer, anyone who is to play 20+ games needs to be <28 and at least very good or >28 and superb.

Anyone we need to play that amount of games who doesn’t fit that, bin off and replace.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.