December 15, 2018, 09:18:48 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 36432 times)

March 06, 2018, 03:12:57 PM
Read 36432 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
One well planned, idntelligently conceived summer window under a manager and a DOF on the same page, and you could sort this squad right out.

I agree with that but we would need that manager and DOF on board within the next few weeks, not mid July.

April 11, 2018, 07:16:27 PM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure I agree. I think the squad is better than you suggest.

Pickford, Coleman and Baines are all secure. I personally would stick with Keane, get him the right partner and just play him week after week to build a proper understanding. I think he's had a rough year, but is a good player and think we will see that in time. Kenny and Holgate are good prospects to develop.

Gana and Tom Davies are secure in the middle, and it would be awesome if we could put a proper playmaker in there next to them. Baningame and Klassen could provide good depth, and I still think we should persist with Klaasen under a proper manager.

In the attacking midfield positions, Gylfi and Walcott are quality, and then we have the chance to develop Vlasic and Lookman (again, hopefully under a better manager who understands their value and potential).

And then Tosun and DCL are good forward options, and we need another genuine first team quality striker to add to that.

I think there's absolutely loads to work with there. And if you signed the right 3/4 players in the obvious positions we need, you'd have a pretty strong squad to build with that could certainly push Arsenal for 6th.
Agree with every word of that !

May 03, 2018, 04:00:43 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely no way he should be going out on loan again.

If Allardyce has a say in the matter and sanctions a new loan deal that will be the final straw.

July 23, 2018, 01:58:19 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

July 27, 2018, 07:42:50 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon the tactic of only playing everyone for 45 minutes might backfire slightly
He definitely has exhausted his opportunities to get a good look at the squad/put players in the shop window. Now need to see his starting 11 against Wolves play ďhis systemĒ against Rennes and Valencia.

July 29, 2018, 03:20:00 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd be open to offers for the lot of them. sigurdsson 30m. Keane 15m. Morgan 20m. Gueye 25m

We should be determined to keep very few of them. A lot arenít very good but even beyond that they just donít fit together as a team. We need to start again.

Iíd be open to offers too but youíd be lucky to get those prices, esp Morgan and Gueye.

July 29, 2018, 03:26:20 PM
Reply #6

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I would think gueye would be the easiest to sell. Probably the best player on the list and probably on the smallest contract

29 year old who has done fuck all to impress anyone in pre season nor last season., doubt anyone would pay 25 million.

July 29, 2018, 03:27:30 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
TBH I think id be open to offers for everyone except Coleman, Pickford, Richarlison and maybe Walcott and Lookman, although the latter isnt based on much evidence yet, but if his apparent attitude is to be believed then he can go too.

Wouldnít write Tosun off just yet, give the lad a chance.

July 29, 2018, 03:31:18 PM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Willing to give him a chance, but haven't seen enough to give me confidence hes the answer to our goal scoring issues. Hes definitely the best out of DCL, Niasse and himself, but thats not a great endorsement

Letís see if he can strike up a partnership with Rich.

July 30, 2018, 10:36:16 PM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Delighted to see him get a new contract, as good a no.2 you could expect with no European games.

July 31, 2018, 05:06:02 AM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Said I was pleased to see he had been given a new contract but thread was deleted, donít understand why ?

July 31, 2018, 12:14:41 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It was lobbed into the current squad thread as it had already been mentioned in there a few times.
Thanks

July 31, 2018, 12:35:12 PM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
......................yes he is . My question was - why give him an extension ? We should be looking at a better no.2 for next season .

Unless Pickford is injured I canít see him getting a game unless a Cup game against seriously lower division, think heís fine.

August 03, 2018, 12:58:10 AM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just seen holgates got number 2 shirt,,Schneiderlin no. 18 and siggy no.10

Iím guessing Holgate is Williams replacement alongside Jags.