October 18, 2018, 10:31:22 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 34089 times)

July 30, 2018, 04:55:03 AM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like Galloway is going and isnít happy. Posted an insta of him in an Everton top & captains armband with these emojis :
😤💭💙

I guess heís pissed off thinking about Everton? Welcome to the club mate!

Hands up - I actually really liked the look of Galloway, even at LB I thought he looked like he had prem potential.

Feels like he hasnít played a game for about 2 years though, clearly canít be all that if he hasnít been able to force his way into this side or Sunderland or WBA.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 30, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I see your point.

Still, I'd argue that the lack of control in the middle of the park has as much to do with our bad defending as the defenders themselves.

The more control we have the less we would need a duracell rabbit tackle machine that canít do anything other than that as well. The eventuality that Gana must be moved aside is coming I think.

Schneiderlin; think weíre going with him for the year as the number 6. Missed Carvalho, missed bissouma, MAYBE getting gonalons who is nothing special himself - think itís Morganís place to lose unfortunately.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 31, 2018, 01:32:12 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can see him going for docoure..

As I say I’ve gone off the idea but if it’s him or no one then I’d say him. He’ll end up costing about £40m tho

August 02, 2018, 02:34:32 PM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Joyce just tweeted...

Ashley Williams, Kevin Mirallas, Cuco Martina and Nikola Vlasic have been told to train away from Evertonís first team squad by Marco Silva.

Iím surprised re Vlasic but ruthless all the same.

(Pochettino does this type of thing - see Lennon)

Got to say, slightly taken aback by how cut throat this is, but i canít pan him for it because Iíve spent all summer moaning about players of this calibre turning out for us next year.

Fee for Cuco, whoís only crime was to be a terrible purchase.

Hopefully Williams can go somewhere and be productive with his remaining pro years.

Mirallas has his opportunity in a shite league for a team he courted for ages...and produced nothing, while being disruptive.

Finally Vlasic - to be fair nobody has fancied him so far and beyond looking bright in bits and bobs, heís not really done anything has he.

August 02, 2018, 03:23:23 PM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder if Bolasie is in and around the squad then?

Mirallas off/banished, Walcott injured with no preseason, Lookman maybe going, but no mention of yala.

Heís not been posting training snaps or insta vids with the boys tho, so maybe heís a bit out in the cold an all..

August 02, 2018, 05:07:00 PM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like his Turkey move is on hold until/if we bring in a forward.

Okay fine with that.

Personally think he could still be an option if we donít sign anyone. In terms of getting up the pitch by dribbling he wonít be as good as Richarlison but he can do it.

Needs to bin the footroll until he gets the fullback squared up tho.

August 02, 2018, 08:17:29 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I hope never to see the likes of yannick bolasie play for us again.

Horrible footballer.

Terrible purchase, but i like him.

https://understat.com/player/518

Filter for 16/17 and he profiles like a dangerous old fashioned winger who will get you assists. More key passes per 90 during that period, and more assists per 90 than Gylfi last year.

Filter for a year later and heís dreadful. Nothing player.

Hope the injury hasnít ruined him but I think he could be useful. I hope he could be useful.

August 05, 2018, 04:05:08 AM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest I am a bit concerned about how easy we look to score against.

That team tat started first half was pretty much our first team for the year, minus stek for picks and being honest the goals were not steks fault really. We are still allowing a LOT of shots in dangerous areas.

Pretty much every attack seems to end in a do or die moment for our defence. Surely must be a systemic issue? Or like individual player quality is it? Both sides of the pitch, cut through. Crosses from all angles are reaching their destination. Cut backs are finding their man alone on the six yard box.

Itís not just the back four. Itís the lack of control and the way we deal with counter attacks.

August 05, 2018, 04:46:17 AM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Let's not forget that we were also playing Valencia, who are a better team than us and a CL team. And we have a new manager just starting to build his team. Everton wasn't built in a day.

Yeah they looked really good on the ball.

But itís more that the same problems have existed for what, 3 seasons now? Weíre paper thin, every single time a team attacks us it ends in a goal or a real crisis moment. We look terrified, the quality of chances we give a way and the range of different attacks that seem effective against us is too high.

August 05, 2018, 05:20:33 AM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed. But were you expecting that to be solved this summer?

I'm not having a pop, but the reason I'm maybe going a bit easier and not expecting too much is that I think we need to calm down and give Silva time to build his side. I feel like if the expectations are too high, then the fans might get on Silva's back far too quickly and then we'll end up putting pressure on him, and changing manager again, and back to square one.

We finished 8th last year with all manner of chaos going on, 3 managers etc. We've improved the squad this summer, and I think we'll get somewhere around 7th-9th without too much trouble.

I'm not even thinking about the Top 6, unless one of them has a complete meltdown season. Maybe people will accuse me of being unambitious and not following NSNO, but the last few seasons have been pretty awful and I genuinely think we need a stabilising season.

Absolutely agree, not thinking about too 6 at all and we desperately need a stabilising season, but if we donít sort some of these issues then I worry Marco and Marcel will put themselves under pressure straight from the off.

August 05, 2018, 05:47:00 AM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So we're pretty much coming from the same place, worried about the new regime not getting time to build. You're just focusing more on the team side, and I'm focusing on the fan expectation side.

Pretty much mate!

Even on fan expectation - i honestly think of wolves pump us you will see Marco Out shouts. Hull will get brought up before Christmas.

I just want them to have the best opportunity possible to just get us steady and start building, and atm I feel weíre all over the shop a bit, and Iím not convinced with some of the quality across the pitch.

August 16, 2018, 01:59:41 AM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Forgotten all about him already, not sure the Russian league will help him advance as a player.

More than sitting on his arse will I suppose.

Might help him secure a permanent move too.

August 21, 2018, 02:50:38 AM
Reply #72

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
@brap2

You saying we need to be looking at replacing Coleman in the not too distant future.

Get a load of Wan-Bissaka for palace. Iím already going all in on this one.

Yeah Iím in love with him.

August 21, 2018, 05:27:39 AM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Got sent off didnít he.

Yeah, but itís one of those isnít it. Should have cut him in half.