DCL (Sub)
0 (0%)
Holgate (Sub)
0 (0%)
Klaassen (sub)
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: March 14, 2018, 12:46:37 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Brighton  (Read 12371 times)

March 06, 2018, 04:27:19 AM
Read 12371 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think it will be quite brutal the atmosphere. If we concede i expect someone trying to fight Sam on the sidelines.

Where’s that lad that ran on to get Nyarkos shirt ? Need him to run to Sam with a pastie and a pint of gravy !

March 06, 2018, 04:29:44 AM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's one of those games you want to go to just to feel the wrath. Unfortunately I can't go but I'm sure even a shite stream will be able to get over how toxic it turns if they take the lead.

That’s exactly the reason I will blow £56 on a train ticket, to at least vent my spleen against Allardyce, but will cheer every positive move the players make !

March 06, 2018, 06:46:04 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I’m as confident we’ll win this as I was against Watford and Burnley !

March 06, 2018, 06:47:45 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Never beaten by Brighton at home.

Should be routine given their away form and our home record.

Is that like the record of Burnley who had never won a match after conceding the first goal ?

March 06, 2018, 07:00:31 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Never beaten by Brighton at home.

Should be routine given their away form and our home record.

Never beaten by Brighton at home but the last time we beat them was 1980, let’s just carry on the routine every 38 years then eh !

March 07, 2018, 01:33:44 AM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
In fairness, we've only played them twice at home since and the last of them was over 35 years ago.
[/quote

Yes I knew that thanks, 1980 was over 35 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:37:06 AM by Escla »

March 10, 2018, 05:15:17 PM
Reply #6

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
On the 11.07 our of Euston, bloke across the aisle asks another bloke “trains busy, is there a football match or something” bloke answers yeah, Everton v Brighton, other bloke with puzzled look asks “why are they playing it in Liverpool “ famous aren’t we !  ::)

March 11, 2018, 12:00:43 AM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I haven’t seen the game today so I don’t know how he played, but I’m not his biggest fan. All style and no substance and I thought he was a terrible buy at the time. Same goes fr Sissoko who we were chasing.

I’d always get behind him at the match though, don’t understand the jeers (allegedly).

Anyway enough of that, feels good to win.
There were certainly no jeers for Bolasie in the Gwladys street and he had a good first half as a second, groans were mostly about Davies who was shite today, should have been subbed at half time.

March 11, 2018, 12:23:21 AM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Davies is already getting the Ross Barkley treatment.

Heads flying everywhere when he put his foot on the ball and played it nice and simple.

Don't think people understood what his role was today.

Whenever he put his foot on the balk he either
A) list it
B) fell over
C) made a back pass when forward players were waiting for it.
He may well be a great prospect and is only 19 or whatever but if he is not getting into the game for 45 minutes we should have subbed him for Benni or Klaaasen, the ratings will show.

March 11, 2018, 02:53:52 AM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
.................just got in from the match .Thought the crowd were good today ,best atmosphere for a while .With the shite losing it's good to watch MOTD in peace.
Bolassie was jeered by the Brighton fans because he played for their so-called local rivals Palace.

Sat on table on train with three Brighton fans, wasn’t engaged in conversation with them as was reading but gist of their conversation was how Bolasie terrorised their right back in a way that Arsenal did not, I guess you have to see the whole of the pitch sometimes to form an accurate opinion and not just what the TV chooses to show you. Btw, not a lot of love for Davies in the poll ?

March 11, 2018, 03:47:22 AM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Bolasie was good today if I'm honest. Loved Siggurdsson's contribution too.

He was good, can’t think of anything that he did that was “monumentally stupid” as Clanger calls it ? Sure there was the odd long ball, miss timed pass perhaps butwhich player doesn’t do that occasionally ? Would love to hear from Clanger what he considered to be “monumentally stupid” ?

March 11, 2018, 04:04:27 AM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Heads flying everywhere when he put his foot on the ball and played it nice and simple.

March 11, 2018, 04:11:55 AM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Spot on but hey, he’s a local lad so let’s not criticise him eh !

March 11, 2018, 04:47:28 AM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Davies was ok, nothing spectacular, but got stuck in.

Trying to think of Bolasie's pin point cross after cross. He only put one decent cross in all game which we scored from. The rest went no where.

Did someone say he made pin point cross after cross ? Must have missed that post ?