DCL (Sub)
0 (0%)
Holgate (Sub)
0 (0%)
Klaassen (sub)
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: March 14, 2018, 12:46:37 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Brighton  (Read 14099 times)

March 07, 2018, 05:04:27 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

Funes Mori - he's shit hot on YouTube like!

The first thing on here is a really good free kick - which tbh I didn't know he had in his locker. Maybe it got thrown out with Niasse's locker  :)

Anyway - if you're bored of seeing loads of headers - just go to 2.50 in the vid and watch his stuff against Brazil.

Or 3.46 where he wins back possession, nutmegs Neymar and starts a give and go that he follows all the way into the Brazil box where he nearly gets on the end of the cross from the move he started.

He's genuinely not awful. He just doesn't show the good stuff often enough.

If there was a highlights reel of my playing career, admittedly Saturday league but at a decent standard, I reckon I'd look pretty decent in a nice montage and might get a trial out of it based on the best of my best bits. Truth is I was a bit shit really compared to a lot of my peers but you get my point....

March 07, 2018, 05:19:16 PM
Reply #46

Toddacelli

If there was a highlights reel of my playing career, admittedly Saturday league but at a decent standard, I reckon I'd look pretty decent in a nice montage and might get a trial out of it based on the best of my best bits. Truth is I was a bit shit really compared to a lot of my peers but you get my point....

Absolutely - hence the first line in my post "Funes Mori - he's shit hot on YouTube like!" being very tongue in cheek.

The point is he lies somewhere in between. He has the ability to play well and he has the ability to lose us a game. What he doesn't have is the consistency needed for us to say how good he is and some of us think that means he's shit and some of us think we need to see more of of him.

It's too easy to say 'shit' or 'decent'.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 07, 2018, 05:24:45 PM
Reply #47

Macca77

Pickford

Baines
Holgate or Jags
Funes-Mori
Coleman

Davies
Gana
Rooney

Walcott
Tosun
Sigurdsson

March 07, 2018, 05:30:43 PM
Reply #48

Cereal Killer

Pickford

Baines
Holgate or Jags
Funes-Mori
Coleman

Davies
Gana
Rooney

Walcott
Tosun
Sigurdsson

With Sam's post match excuse being the defenders are all coming back from injury so we should have expected to lose anyway so why is everyone so upset, we're still better than when I took over

March 07, 2018, 06:07:40 PM
Reply #49

Ross

Mori was by far and away our best most reliable centreback last season.

During his 26 appearances we only conceded 15 goals and kept 11 clean sheets, averaging 0.57 goals a game. In comparison to the fella who heís likely to be replacing right now, Williams, who last season played in 39 games with us conceding 43 goals with only 14 clean sheets, averaging 1.1 goals a game . Or Jags who played 27 games, with us conceding 34 goals and managing only 6 clean sheets, averaging 1.2 goals a game.

This season Williams (who Mori will no doubt be preplacing when he comes in) has played 33 games with us conceding 51 goals while heís on the pitch, thatís 1.5 goals a game average. Even though heís just coming back from an awful injury itís unlikley Mori will reach the levels of shit Williams has achieved this season. He possibly wonít even surpass Williams awfulness from last year with so few games to play if Williams is out of the picture for good.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 07, 2018, 06:22:55 PM
Reply #50

Bluenose 91

He's shite.

March 07, 2018, 09:08:05 PM
Reply #51

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Mori is alright given our standards right now, plus he crucially has some recovery pace. So many of our goals this season have been teams simply exposing that lack of mobility with a simple pass.

I'd give him a chance.

March 07, 2018, 09:18:02 PM
Reply #52

bacon sarnie

Badge slapper and when have we last had anyone slap the badge apart from Rooney?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:50:01 PM by bacon sarnie »

March 07, 2018, 09:35:04 PM
Reply #53

blue1948

I think this now becomes the most important game of the season, win and weíre safe, draw and itís more of the same squeaky bum stuff for another month until we get the chance of another home game which is winnable, loose and weíve pissed on our own chips again, only benefit that comes out of the latter is that lard ass will get his P45 as he scurried down the tunnel with armed security protecting him from a wrath scouce haterd
Funny you can spell lard and arse but not lose!

March 07, 2018, 09:35:53 PM
Reply #54

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fully expecting Mori to be drafted in to make yet another change to our defence. At least he would be quicker.

March 07, 2018, 09:41:02 PM
Reply #55

blue1948

NO .Different level ,you weren't good so have I missed the point here ?

March 07, 2018, 09:44:26 PM
Reply #56

blue1948

I fucking love this site ,all our defenders have been shite ALL SEASON and now he recovers-an Argentine international player - he is shite .For fucks sake get a life ,he is an Everton player who does give a fuck.

March 07, 2018, 10:26:31 PM
Reply #57

gizzblue

Personally think he will be better than Williams or Keane easily ....if he gets a game .
Born not made a blue .

March 07, 2018, 10:51:34 PM
Reply #58

bacon sarnie

Funny you can spell lard and arse but not lose!

Arr, eh, he's talking scouce!

March 07, 2018, 11:11:11 PM
Reply #59

Shogun

Administrator
I fucking love this site ,all our defenders have been shite ALL SEASON and now he recovers-an Argentine international player - he is shite .For fucks sake get a life ,he is an Everton player who does give a fuck.

International football counts for little three days mate. He wasnít exactly keeping top CBs out of the squad.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth