September 25, 2018, 05:58:38 PM

Author Topic: Is Gylfi injured?  (Read 5795 times)

March 13, 2018, 03:39:48 AM
Reply #60

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I donít think anybody thinks the physios should have x-ray eyes 😂

As usual, youíve decided that people mean a certain thing, and then youíve ran with it.

Itís an unfortunate injury, both Sigurdsson and the medical staff probably shouldíve been a bit more cautious, all of us are gutted for him, us, and Iceland, so just stop looking to lynch someone for being upset about it.

Jeez ffs ! Iím not the one trying to lynch someone, Iím the one trying to stop others lynching the physios/club for something that they are not necessarily guilty of, canít you see that ?

March 13, 2018, 03:46:58 AM
Reply #61

sam of the south

Jeez ffs ! Iím not the one trying to lynch someone, Iím the one trying to stop others lynching the physios/club for something that they are not necessarily guilty of, canít you see that ?

You do realise this is all words, right?

Itís just a forum, mate, no one has actually got together a procession of grubby men with burning pitchforks marching on the medical crew at Finch Farm, you know  :smug:
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 13, 2018, 03:56:16 AM
Reply #62

AllyBlue14

You do realise this is all words, right?

Itís just a forum, mate, no one has actually got together a procession of grubby men with burning pitchforks marching on the medical crew at Finch Farm, you know  :smug:

To be fair mate, I think he's just responding to people trying to pin the blame on the club's medical staff. Maybe they should have done better, but if the player says he's fine to continue then they'll obviously leave him on. Perhaps it just flared up after the game.

I'd also contest the idea (although it wasn't you that said it) that this was a meaningless fixture - this was one of very few matches we could really have much hope of winning between now and the end of the season.

March 13, 2018, 04:06:34 AM
Reply #63

sam of the south

To be fair mate, I think he's just responding to people trying to pin the blame on the club's medical staff. Maybe they should have done better, but if the player says he's fine to continue then they'll obviously leave him on. Perhaps it just flared up after the game.

I'd also contest the idea (although it wasn't you that said it) that this was a meaningless fixture - this was one of very few matches we could really have much hope of winning between now and the end of the season.

Nearly all players play injuries down because they want to continue playing.

Itís up to the management and medical staff to take that into account and make decisions for the good of the player and the team.

And indeed, this was an extremely important game, particularly with the trickier matches coming up.

March 13, 2018, 04:14:40 AM
Reply #64

AllyBlue14

Nearly all players play injuries down because they want to continue playing.

Itís up to the management and medical staff to take that into account and make decisions for the good of the player and the team.

And indeed, this was an extremely important game, particularly with the trickier matches coming up.

Yeah they should make decisions but, when did it happen? If there were 20 minutes to go, then yeah, take him off as a precaution if nothing else. But if it's early in the first half (I really don't know when it happened) and Gylfi says it's ok, presumably they gave him until half time and he said he was fine to carry on. Which, again, presumably he was because people have said he played well.

The medical staff can't just take every player off when they feel a twinge, especially when they then go on to play the full 90.

March 13, 2018, 04:25:27 AM
Reply #65

JordanianEmbassy

FFS we spent all that money in the summer and didn't think to employ a physio with x-ray eyes.

Everton that.

March 13, 2018, 05:09:11 AM
Reply #66

sam of the south

Yeah they should make decisions but, when did it happen? If there were 20 minutes to go, then yeah, take him off as a precaution if nothing else. But if it's early in the first half (I really don't know when it happened) and Gylfi says it's ok, presumably they gave him until half time and he said he was fine to carry on. Which, again, presumably he was because people have said he played well.

The medical staff can't just take every player off when they feel a twinge, especially when they then go on to play the full 90.

Donít know when it happened.

Itís quite easy for a physio to decipher injury, you just ask the player to try some relevant movements, and also Ďhave a feelí  :blush:

March 13, 2018, 05:38:53 AM
Reply #67

Glory

There have been plenty of times where a player has played on with a ruptured ACL (I'm not saying that is what he has done). It is almost impossible to diagnose if swelling isn't present and the joint remains stable. I also don't believe he will have made it worse by playing on. This isn't the fault of the medical staff and it's ridiculous to suggest so.

You go off the information you have available to you at the time, not "let's be cautious because it could be X, Y or Z". Otherwise you'd be dragging everyone off for knocks.

March 13, 2018, 06:54:58 AM
Reply #68

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So his knee joint is damaged according to his brother.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

March 13, 2018, 01:59:41 PM
Reply #69

Simon Paul

Administrator
The word "worn" worries me

March 13, 2018, 02:01:44 PM
Reply #70

Morta75

damm, thats a big blow... our best player out. Anyone know for how long?

March 13, 2018, 02:05:35 PM
Reply #71

Morta75

So whose our second most important player then ? You tell me, maybe Tosun, maybe Rooney or Pickford,
So if the Physio has to come on for any of them do we take them off automatically ? Look at the photos, nowhere is he writhing in agony, most likely saying itís fine, no problem.
I would say Pickford

March 13, 2018, 02:59:29 PM
Reply #72

Lxxx

He's probably quite looking forward to the rest and a break from playing in his shite. A few months off and hopefully a world cup at the end of it would appeal to every player in our squad at the minute, providing he makes it there. Hope he does.

March 13, 2018, 03:11:21 PM
Reply #73

Bally

Administrator
The word "worn" worries me
Yeah that worries me too.
If there's one thing I know about it's fucking WORN ligaments, muscles and bones.
It's the roll I way

March 13, 2018, 04:06:14 PM
Reply #74

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Has there been an update since the scan ? Where is the word worn coming from ? Surely early stages of wear would have been picked up during his medical less than six months ago? You donít buy a cat in a sack for £45 million, do you ?