October 17, 2019, 05:11:25 PM

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 19151 times)

March 17, 2018, 11:21:44 PM
Reply #510

TheTone

Iím still expecting to lose at home to City, and Liverpool, and wouldnít be surprised to lose at Swansea, and Huddersfield.

We should win at home to Newcastle and Southampton, but who knows, and then last game of the season at West Ham could either way.

Call me a typical Evertonian, but Iím not counting our chickens yet.

It would just be Moyes luck if we send them down on the final day

March 17, 2018, 11:22:23 PM
Reply #511

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Iím still expecting to lose at home to City, and Liverpool, and wouldnít be surprised to lose at Swansea, and Huddersfield.

We should win at home to Newcastle and Southampton, but who knows, and then last game of the season at West Ham could either way.

I donít think we need have concern about relegation anymore if thatís what youíre saying. I think 38-39 points was likely going to be enough and weíre there now. I didnít think itís come this early, I thought itíd be a longer grind but Iím glad weíve got these points the last two games.

We should try and at least keep grinding away I suppose in the hope that Burnley/Leicester mess up. It would be nuts to finish 7th on the back of this season though.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:24:25 PM by blueToffee »

March 17, 2018, 11:22:55 PM
Reply #512

KoemansNumberTens

Bit harsh from me, edited like a shithouse but you got the quote in.

Seriously though, have a bit of middle ground in your assessments of players.

You were very blunt. I accept I do tend to go over the top. I really donít see it with DCL though. Hope Iím wrong.
No point falling out when we win plenty of losses for us all to be arguing over

March 17, 2018, 11:24:11 PM
Reply #513

eyesalwaysblue

Calvert Lewin made a difference when he came on.
He has talent he just hasn't found the pie shop.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 17, 2018, 11:27:40 PM
Reply #514

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Calvert Lewin made a difference when he came on.

I think all the players in fairness did try today. Weíre clearly still lacking confidence away from home.

Also, the conditions did ease up but itís reasonable to think that the snow on the ground probably made the ball slicker which made DCL and Walcott take longer to get it under control when they were both pretty clean through.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:28:44 PM by blueToffee »

March 17, 2018, 11:29:10 PM
Reply #515

indiantoffee1975

40 points over and out Sam Allardyce.

March 17, 2018, 11:29:17 PM
Reply #516

Lxxx

Cenk Tosun looks like a quality international class striker. Very useful in the box and on the ball for positioning. Looks like a good buy to me. If Walsh identified him? Then he's a succesful capture and Walsh deserves some credit. Early days for Cenk.. but he looks very useful. :)

Imagine where we might be had he played from January. Only he wasnít ready. Or was he? Who knows. That fat chancer will milk it anyway and take the credit either way.

March 17, 2018, 11:31:37 PM
Reply #517

ihatecollina

People think 40pts equals safety for some reason... WHU went down with 42 a few years back.
The bird in the pink is back.....

March 17, 2018, 11:33:44 PM
Reply #518

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
People think 40pts equals safety for some reason... WHU went down with 42 a few years back.

That was an outlier. 36.6 is the average to be safe I believe.

If hope weíd not stop on 40 though given the number of games left.

March 17, 2018, 11:36:55 PM
Reply #519

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We are safe let's not be ridiculous. Terrible season to be talking like this though

March 17, 2018, 11:44:19 PM
Reply #520

Lxxx

Weíre not going down, never were. That negative waster has lowered everyoneís expectations. We should be finishing 7th and that was always the case at every stage of this season, donít let all the noise convince you any different.

March 17, 2018, 11:45:12 PM
Reply #521

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We are safe now
Thank Sam and send him on his way
Simply simply lovely

March 17, 2018, 11:45:51 PM
Reply #522

BlueForYou

Safe, thanks to Twosun
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 17, 2018, 11:46:26 PM
Reply #523

eyesalwaysblue

Wonder where we'd be if the Koeman had been still here..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 17, 2018, 11:47:32 PM
Reply #524

ihatecollina

Weíre not going down, never were. That negative waster has lowered everyoneís expectations. We should be finishing 7th and that was always the case at every stage of this season, donít let all the noise convince you any different.

I didn't say we were going down, I am saying that people have this misconception that 40pts equals guaranteed safety... it does not as I point out.
The bird in the pink is back.....