July 16, 2018, 11:43:15 PM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 56049 times)

May 03, 2018, 05:43:46 PM
Reply #1200

KoemansNumberTens

100% agree, if he thinks Sam is the right person then he should stick with him, despite the annoyance this would cause. To appoint 2 personnel on the whim of the fans would be ludicrous and a huge expenses that'll undoubtedly fall with the club, not him.

Plus none of us are interviewing these people/ we have no real clue. If Moshiri isnít up to making good footballing decisions he needs to find the people who are. Not 40,000 fans

May 03, 2018, 05:58:29 PM
Reply #1201

sam of the south

Obviously allardyce is very unpopular but surely you donít want the hiring and firing done on the basis of popularity with the fans.

Also is brands universally popular? I didnít even know who he was before we were linked with him. I doubt most did. Think we just like something new. All last summers signings became universally popular when we signed them

Brandsí record in his field is way better than Allardyceís, as is Fonsecaís.

Add to that, Brandsí recruitment and Fonsecaís coaching style are modern and forward thinking, which is what all clubs gravitate towards when they want to close the gap on the elite.

These arenít two random names that were conjured by HITC and fan forums.

They are two men on the up, and we should be going for them or those of their ilk.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 03, 2018, 06:02:08 PM
Reply #1202

Tofifee

anyone else hate that when u type in Everton to google you get stroies from that AWFUL HITC site

May 03, 2018, 06:03:45 PM
Reply #1203

dunkster

I can't understand fans happy with letting allardyce have another year. What is it you expect to see??
He already believes we are playing great football. He's already said that entertainment is the art of defending.
He's done a job this year. By his own admission he was only brought in to get us out of relegation trouble. 'Job done' his own words.
Do you guys really think he will bring entertaining football next year??
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 03, 2018, 06:05:44 PM
Reply #1204

dunkster

anyone else hate that when u type in Everton to google you get stroies from that AWFUL HITC site

I click on a lot of links through 'newsnow everton' lately that bring a fuck off great full screen advert of ferry cruises that I can't get rid of..
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 03, 2018, 06:06:56 PM
Reply #1205

KoemansNumberTens

Brandsí record in his field is way better than Allardyceís, as is Fonsecaís.

Add to that, Brandsí recruitment and Fonsecaís coaching style are modern and forward thinking, which is what all clubs gravitate towards when they want to close the gap on the elite.

These arenít two random names that were conjured by HITC and fan forums.

They are two men on the up, and we should be going for them or those of their ilk.

Iím not questioning their records but brands is only popular now it appears heís gonna sign. If weíd had a poll on the next DOF beforehand weíd probably have struggled to muster 3 or 4 sensible names between us

May 03, 2018, 06:10:10 PM
Reply #1206

Bluedylan

100% agree, if he thinks Sam is the right person then he should stick with him, despite the annoyance this would cause. To appoint 2 personnel on the whim of the fans would be ludicrous and a huge expenses that'll undoubtedly fall with the club, not him.

Nah, it's not just annoyance. If a decision is going to unite say 90% of the fanbase against you, then it's just a massively unwise decision regardless of the rights or wrongs of his management.

Some people just shouldn't be at some clubs, like Hodgson at Liverpool. The fit is wrong.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 03, 2018, 06:16:47 PM
Reply #1207

Waltzer

Nah, it's not just annoyance. If a decision is going to unite say 90% of the fanbase against you, then it's just a massively unwise decision regardless of the rights or wrongs of his management.

Some people just shouldn't be at some clubs, like Hodgson at Liverpool. The fit is wrong.

I agree to a certain extent, although if he really believes Sam is worth giving another year to then he should do it. At Bolton (yes I know it was ages ago) when he built his own team they played decent football, if he was able to replicate that here and we were competing for the top 4 positions then a majority of those 90% of people would be chanting his name. Football fans are fickle, which is why you need a strong leader with a vision thats willing to take it on the chin if he believes hes doing whats right for the club.

May 03, 2018, 06:16:52 PM
Reply #1208

sam of the south

Iím not questioning their records but brands is only popular now it appears heís gonna sign. If weíd had a poll on the next DOF beforehand weíd probably have struggled to muster 3 or 4 sensible names between us

Yes, but we didnít come up with the candidates.

They are obviously either in the press and linked with us because football men generally rate them/our football men rate them/they are doing a good job and making waves.

May 03, 2018, 06:36:05 PM
Reply #1209

dunkster

Football is different from the days of sams Bolton team. His era of management has died out. He's ok and experienced enough for the bottom feeders of the premiership.  but anyone who believes we can try break into that top 6 with him in charge is dillusional.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

May 03, 2018, 06:49:55 PM
Reply #1210

KoemansNumberTens

Yes, but we didnít come up with the candidates.

They are obviously either in the press and linked with us because football men generally rate them/our football men rate them/they are doing a good job and making waves.

Thatís my point. It was in regards to someone saying we should appoint them because they are popular with the fan base

Yet it makes no sense to trust the club to come up with a shortlist and then bow to fan pressure. Either we trust the club to make football decisions or we donít

May 03, 2018, 07:02:20 PM
Reply #1211

sam of the south

Thatís my point. It was in regards to someone saying we should appoint them because they are popular with the fan base

Yet it makes no sense to trust the club to come up with a shortlist and then bow to fan pressure. Either we trust the club to make football decisions or we donít

I think there is the rub, mate; the club havenít made a good managerial decision since 2002.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:03:49 PM by sam of the south »

May 03, 2018, 07:03:09 PM
Reply #1212

dunkster

If your on about me, I stated that if moshiri is after fonseca AND it will be popular with fans then it's a great start where we are all on the same page come the start if the season.
From what I've read, he wanted fonseca when he sacked koeman but couldn't get him.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

May 03, 2018, 07:26:35 PM
Reply #1213

bogie

If your on about me, I stated that if moshiri is after fonseca AND it will be popular with fans then it's a great start where we are all on the same page come the start if the season.
From what I've read, he wanted fonseca when he sacked koeman but couldn't get him.

Koeman was popular with the fans on signing how well did that work out

May 03, 2018, 07:35:02 PM
Reply #1214

sam of the south

Koeman was popular with the fans on signing how well did that work out

He wasnít really, he was about fifth choice on general consensus on here.