November 19, 2018, 09:30:34 AM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 64051 times)

May 03, 2018, 07:38:28 PM
Reply #1215

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Imo sams original football style is still present in the game but it has morphed a lot. Reds wouldn’t wanna hear it but klopps aggression + up the pitch directly + let individual style players score is the modern equivalent.

What he’s doing with us atm is what he’s dne everywhere really, which is the old sort. Deep block, low aggression, get up the pitch through a target man / channel runs and score through crosses into the box.

It’s horrible to watch and he’s not even doing it that well, however it is effective against teams with worse individual players than us, and our results have flattered our performances.

Frankly anyone who wants him to stay another year has got their head on upside down. Particularly if they think the style is going to change one jot. More likely the results would regress to the level the performances have been, and he would be sacked by Christmas like everywhere else.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 03, 2018, 07:41:34 PM
Reply #1216

bogie

He wasn’t really, he was about fifth choice on general consensus on here.

well take out the dreamers that were asking for José Mourinho , Diego Simeone and other managers that were never going to come here then your talking about top 2 picks

May 03, 2018, 07:42:51 PM
Reply #1217

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I never wanted Koeman myself like.

I think a lot of people would've preferred somebody else.

He was very much the obvious, safe choice.

May 03, 2018, 07:55:05 PM
Reply #1218

bogie

any manager back then that had 4 2 3 1 as there style of play I did not want

I still think Leonardo Jardim is made for this league

May 03, 2018, 08:01:13 PM
Reply #1219

KoemansNumberTens

I think there is the rub, mate; the club haven’t made a good managerial decision since 2002.

That is true

We’ve gone from making good footballing decisions and shit business 1s to good business decisions and shit football 1s

May 03, 2018, 08:05:25 PM
Reply #1220

KoemansNumberTens

Nor me. Seemed Southampton were doing well because of their transfer dealings (with a couple of big rebuilds) but all reports said that was someone else’s work. Seemed an odd appointment especially when we were pushing the boat out so much in terms of wages
We all get caught up in it though. Taking from another club. Decent press. Big money. By the time he arrived we were all onboard. Much like some of our signings. We just live in hope and so get sucked in

May 03, 2018, 08:09:26 PM
Reply #1221

boothill

any manager back then that had 4 2 3 1 as there style of play I did not want

I still think Leonardo Jardim is made for this league
no country for old men was a great film

May 03, 2018, 08:10:32 PM
Reply #1222

Macca77

Koeman basically tried to use us a stepping stone to get the Barca job

May 03, 2018, 09:21:20 PM
Reply #1223

bogie

May 03, 2018, 09:31:53 PM
Reply #1224

SANA_DR0

im pretty sure i've said this before.. but i hope to fuck he isnt here, mind numbingly boring football. i wish the board listen to the fans at the ground..

he has compared us to shit clubs, he has said some right stupid things in press conferences, I expect an Everton manager to be charasmatic, be able to speak the truth and atleast have some creativity in his style of play..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 03, 2018, 09:43:17 PM
Reply #1225

GrantyBoy78

Potentially a new manager, director of football and chief executive next season. Is it miserable of me to expect at least 1 of those appointments to be an unmitigated disaster?

May 03, 2018, 09:47:10 PM
Reply #1226

dunkster

Potentially a new manager, director of football and chief executive next season. Is it miserable of me to expect at least 1 of those appointments to be an unmitigated disaster?

Doesn't matter who the chief exec is or which technical director we get in if SA remains here. Brands could get Aguero in and allardyce would turn him to shit within a fortnight.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 03, 2018, 09:53:05 PM
Reply #1227

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 03, 2018, 10:15:50 PM
Reply #1228

Bluenose 91

I think Koeman was a decent appointment at the time and he sorted out the shite Martinez had left behind pretty quickly.

We sort of just needed the solid stable season that we had after the mess of the previous two.

Shame it all went tits up this season like.

May 03, 2018, 10:21:03 PM
Reply #1229

BlueForYou

Yes

Tosun or Giroud last summer, different story - probably
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick