July 21, 2018, 01:18:52 AM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 56318 times)

May 05, 2018, 06:34:23 PM
Reply #1365

Ross

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:52:35 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 05, 2018, 06:43:50 PM
Reply #1366

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
And whatís any of that got to do with his weight? Think youíre missing my point. You can not rate a manager without questioning his professionalism or constantly calling him fat.

Then the very people who do this come on here and are enraged because he looks smug or he took credit for the West Ham game or some other random nonsense.

He just doesnít understand us we all cry. Think maybe he does

Seen you many a time call Martinez a snake oil salesman so drop the moral high ground act aye.

He's an antagonist. He knows what he's doing and he seems to thrive on creating a tension between the fanbase.

When he comes out and says he's made us entertaining to watch, he knows exactly what he's doing.

May 05, 2018, 06:48:21 PM
Reply #1367

BlueNoseMike

Has the guy met the revised objectives of the season from when he came in? YES

Will the guy meet the longer term objectives and ambition of the club? ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT

Throw in the unrest around him being here and he has to go.

For mine it's a case of thanks for your services Sam, we feel we need to go in a different direction, you know where the door is.

May 05, 2018, 06:57:02 PM
Reply #1368

KoemansNumberTens

Seen you many a time call Martinez a snake oil salesman so drop the moral high ground act aye.

He's an antagonist. He knows what he's doing and he seems to thrive on creating a tension between the fanbase.

When he comes out and says he's made us entertaining to watch, he knows exactly what he's doing.

He absolutely is an antagonist but maybe we actually donít deserve his respect. We havenít shown him any.

See this is what I donít get. We think weíve free reign to call him names, call his professionalism etc. Then we are all aghast when he says weíve played entertaining football or tries to pinch unsworths win.

Martinez was shitting in our pockets and telling us it was chocolate for 2 years. Yet most on here will still think he understood us cos he told us what we wanted to here when we were doing well

May 05, 2018, 06:58:30 PM
Reply #1369

Simon Paul

Administrator
He absolutely is an antagonist but maybe we actually don't deserve his respect. We haven't shown him any.

See this is what I don't get. We think we've free reign to call him names, call his professionalism etc. Then we are all aghast when he says we've played entertaining football or tries to pinch unsworths win.

Martinez was shitting in our pockets and telling us it was chocolate for 2 years. Yet most on here will still think he understood us cos he told us what we wanted to here when we were doing well
I don't think we deserve his respect now, no. I don't want it from him either though. I want nothing from him other than to see him saying goodbye to Everton.

May 05, 2018, 07:04:42 PM
Reply #1370

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He absolutely is an antagonist but maybe we actually donít deserve his respect. We havenít shown him any.

See this is what I donít get. We think weíve free reign to call him names, call his professionalism etc. Then we are all aghast when he says weíve played entertaining football or tries to pinch unsworths win.

Just saying like.

You've called previous managers and players names, infact it's very rare you have anything positive to say about anyone to do with Everton, so it's surprising to see yourself aghast at the reaction towards Allardyce.

May 05, 2018, 07:29:22 PM
Reply #1371

KoemansNumberTens

Just saying like.

You've called previous managers and players names, infact it's very rare you have anything positive to say about anyone to do with Everton, so it's surprising to see yourself aghast at the reaction towards Allardyce.

I do tend to come on and call them on the days they are rubbish. This is before he started. On his good days and on his bad.

Iím not aghast. Just think heís done a decent enough job and deserved better.

Thereís a list a mile long of people whoíve contributed less to our shitty season.

I mean at worst heís done an okay job and people are booing. What the fuck are they booing? Rooneys done an okay job on more money? Why are we not booing him and calling him greedy??

They were singing fuck of Sam last week. Why not fuck off Niasse? Heís probably not good enough either. It just doesnít make a lot of sense to me. I genuinely donít know why heís so hated. I know why people donít want him to continue here but not what the massive issue is with him personally. People seem to have lost all perspective

May 05, 2018, 07:38:06 PM
Reply #1372

Bluedylan

I do tend to come on and call them on the days they are rubbish. This is before he started. On his good days and on his bad.

Thereís a list a mile long of people whoíve contributed less to our shitty season.

I mean at worst heís done an okay job and people are booing. What the fuck are they booing? Rooneys done an okay job on more money? Why are we not booing him and calling him greedy??

They were singing fuck of Sam last week. Why not fuck off Niasse? Heís probably not good enough either. It just doesnít make a lot of sense to me. I genuinely donít know why heís so hated. I know why people donít want him to continue here but not what the massive issue is with him personally. People seem to have lost all perspective

You've got some serious contrarianism issues, dude.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 05, 2018, 07:38:32 PM
Reply #1373

sirblue57

Done a decent enough job?
So you think the wages he DEMANDED, are fair for doing a decent job?
Behave will ya. He had us over a barrel, he took the piss and has done the BARE MINIMUM for it.
Has the style.of play improved?
The quality?
Ffs we have some right whoppers on here.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

May 05, 2018, 07:42:01 PM
Reply #1374

KoemansNumberTens

Done a decent enough job?
So you think the wages he DEMANDED, are fair for doing a decent job?
Behave will ya. He had us over a barrel, he took the piss and has done the BARE MINIMUM for it.
Has the style.of play improved?
The quality?
Ffs we have some right whoppers on here.

He demanded wages? How does that even happen? Should we call the police?
People like to claim heís avoided relegation and so has done the bare minimum. Thatís 17th though not 8th. Absolute bollocks heís done the bare minimum. Heís done good work in the transfer market and results as a whole have been good too. Performances have been shite granted.

May 05, 2018, 07:45:57 PM
Reply #1375

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Perhaps one reason people dont like him (beyond Everton as well) is that he's bloody good at what he does with teams in trouble and without the money to move on and up. We've all played against his teams and we've all found it hard work and lost on occasions. They tend to have been 'games we should win' scenarios so leaves us disappointed and frustrated.
Just watching Stoke struggling to survive and I wondered what Stokies would have said if Lambert, on his first day, had said the most important thing is attractive football.  Bet they might have disagreed.
Every successful manager builds a team from the foundation of a good defence. We are moving towards that now so whoever is in charge next season there is a starting point that isn't the chaotic mess he inherited.

You'll all come to love him one day.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

May 05, 2018, 07:50:40 PM
Reply #1376

Bluedylan

Perhaps one reason people dont like him (beyond Everton as well) is that he's bloody good at what he does with teams in trouble and without the money to move on and up. We've all played against his teams and we've all found it hard work and lost on occasions. They tend to have been 'games we should win' scenarios so leaves us disappointed and frustrated.
Just watching Stoke struggling to survive and I wondered what Stokies would have said if Lambert, on his first day, had said the most important thing is attractive football.  Bet they might have disagreed.
Every successful manager builds a team from the foundation of a good defence. We are moving towards that now so whoever is in charge next season there is a starting point that isn't the chaotic mess he inherited.

Nah. It's because he's a grubby, self-aggrandising individual and we associate our club with significantly better standards of performance and behaviour than those of Allardyce.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 05, 2018, 07:50:41 PM
Reply #1377

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'll never love Sam Allardyce.

I think managers like him are parasites and the game would be a lot healthier without his like.

But he's done a decent job and stabilised us in a season that's been utter chaos.

For that he deserves a thank you.

It's not just the fans that don't like him though. Speaking to a few former players last night and they can't stand the man themselves and how he has teams playing football.

May 05, 2018, 08:09:50 PM
Reply #1378

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I would mind it less if we were actually going full on Allardyce and make it horrible to play against us.

Weíve not given any of the tougher teams a horrible game and lots of the winnable away games have been far too easy for the other team.

Even in the home games weíve tended to be passive and wait for the better chances to come to our better players.

Fair enough for points accumulation but weíve not been in anyoneís faces for any length of time.

Games just happen which isnít conducive to a longer term plan.

May 05, 2018, 08:16:09 PM
Reply #1379

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I would mind it less if we were actually going full on Allardyce and make it horrible to play against us.

Weíve not given any of the tougher teams a horrible game and lots of the winnable away games have been far too easy for the other team.

Even in the home games weíve tended to be passive and wait for the better chances to come to our better players.

Fair enough for points accumulation but weíve not been in anyoneís faces for any length of time.

Games just happen which isnít conducive to a longer term plan.
Agree with most of that but he isn't the long term plan.
My moan throughout all the posts on here has been that the agenda to denigrate him and insult him has been the driving force and left no room for sensible discussion.
That makes us no better than the person some claim he is.
It's started to get better though and when the speculation about next season starts it should be better still.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.