December 19, 2018, 08:01:30 AM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 66372 times)

May 07, 2018, 04:11:07 PM
Reply #1425

KoemansNumberTens

Me neither, but if Sam can take credit for the 4-0 then he can surely replicate a similar performance.

Im just thinking we need to get unsworth koeman moyes Martinez and allardyce together (we are still paying 4 of them anyway) and just let them manage the games against teams theyve been decent against. Wed probably win the league

May 07, 2018, 04:24:15 PM
Reply #1426

ajax_andy

If Allardyce was responsible for the 4-0 win over West Ham in Unsworth's last game, I'm looking forward to another display of that kind next weekend.

Anyone want to bet what the chances of that happening will be?

I think he was indirectly a factor, new manager about to come in, one with experience and a solid reputation made the players buck up their ideas somewhat. 

He can't take any credit for that though, it would have been the same which ever experienced manager was sitting in the stands. 

May 07, 2018, 04:31:20 PM
Reply #1427

Alanvideo

In one post-match interview this weekend either BT or BBC he was asked about next season and said there would be changes . He was asked team or manager ? Who knows said SA with a wink . I think he knows and I think he's gone after the WHU game.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 07, 2018, 04:39:34 PM
Reply #1428

Bluedylan

In one post-match interview this weekend either BT or BBC he was asked about next season and said there would be changes . He was asked team or manager ? Who knows said SA with a wink . I think he knows and I think he's gone after the WHU game.

I've been thinking about this, and have come up with a couple of possible scenarios:

1) He knows he's going. He's had his meeting with Moshiri, and he's getting his payoff and his 'fuck off now, we want to aspire to something as a club again' and he's perfectly content with that. Lord knows he's a smug fella, so if he was staying you get the sense he'd be crowing from the rooftops. He can't hold his own water, and every time he's asked, he's evasive in an 'I'll be on my way shortly' fashion. Also, the club kept him out of the Lap of Honour stuff, presumably knowing how he's perceived. All around it's a damage limitation exercise and we move forward after that.

or

2) He knows he's staying, and even his incessant smugness won't allow him to cause a massive shitstorm by letting everybody know. So he's just deflecting questions for now, until we get to the summer.

I think the first one is say an 85% chance and the second is 15%, but still that annoying 15% is nagging at me until we get confirmation that he's going.

Really, I'd want the club to put out a statement this week, being respectful and sending him on his way, so the fans can start to feel good and look forward again.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 07, 2018, 04:55:56 PM
Reply #1429

Heisenberg

Whats worrying to me is how public every one of our transfers/appointments have been over the past few years. Yet there isn't really any rumours of us approaching a manager

May 07, 2018, 05:01:27 PM
Reply #1430

Toffee1

Whats worrying to me is how public every one of our transfers/appointments have been over the past few years. Yet there isn't really any rumours of us approaching a manager

Could be the one (s)we want/are considering are under contract or maybe the club has learned from the pursuit of Silva that it has to do things more professionally.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:02:54 PM by Toffee1 »

May 07, 2018, 05:02:39 PM
Reply #1431

Heisenberg

Could be the one we want is under contract or maybe the club has learned from the pursuit of Silva that it has to do things more professionally.

Doubt it

May 07, 2018, 05:24:59 PM
Reply #1432

howard1334

Viera has been mentioned by some shitty, totally unreliable websites. Done well with NYC FC in MLS, turning them into one of the league's best teams three seasons, but not sure he is ready to make the jump straight from their to us.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:28:27 PM by howard1334 »

May 07, 2018, 05:27:24 PM
Reply #1433

Mayor Farnum

Could be the one (s)we want/are considering are under contract or maybe the club has learned from the pursuit of Silva that it has to do things more professionally.

Anyone currently under contract that can tempt will be underwhelming.

May 07, 2018, 05:42:09 PM
Reply #1434

Bluedylan

In your limited 'we're garbage so why aspire to anything more' worldview, definitely.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 07, 2018, 05:45:46 PM
Reply #1435

gizzblue

Aim low you get low Allardyce is casing point ....Aim high chances are worst case scenario you will land in the middle .😅
Born not made a blue .

May 07, 2018, 05:46:52 PM
Reply #1436

Jamokachi

Much like your recent posts.

May 07, 2018, 10:14:34 PM
Reply #1437

Trublue

I was in the camp of this isn't his team and he has really just done what was needed. But now no. We have been safe for weeks. He had had the chance to say, we're going to use the rest if the season to try new things and younger players etc. I think most of us would of accepted that? But no kept being happy to play negative and poor football. They can't even do the simple things right, like pass to their own players.

I also want to keep Lookman, I doubt any chance of that happening under our present manager.

May 08, 2018, 04:01:29 AM
Reply #1438

dunkster

Agree with trying out fringe players after the liverpool game for the remaindef of the season. The likes of klaasen as the number 10. Vlasic and Walcott either side of him. Had he said it's worth trying as we need to see what they can do then I'd have respected him for that, but no
..he said he can't cos it's his head on the block.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 08, 2018, 04:38:06 AM
Reply #1439

Paddockoldie

I'll call it now.. It's Silva. We can't discuss because of his terms of being paid out by Watford and we got criticised for our approach earlier this season. That's my stab in the dark anyway