August 18, 2018, 07:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 40501 times)

April 06, 2018, 06:05:29 AM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seen a few less than congratulatory tweets re the brands stuff I.e we look like we’re taking another blind punt with no strategy and also that we’re hiring someone who potentially comes with raiola shaped baggage.

Frankly, I thought Walsh was a good move. Then we hired Charlie reeves the data guy from forest green, (who by the way (a) lists his job title on twitter as ‘conditional formatting’ which makes me think he’s not feeling particularly challenged or taken seriously in his role and (b) is a massive red who used to hve a coutinho account, and regularly likes Liverpool shite on twitter. Which annoys me no end.) and I thought that was a good sign.

We know different now, and maybe there will be more shakeups to come, but on reflection we probably are doing the same thing again aren’t we - buying an expensive pair of dangly dice when the engine is dragging on the road behind us.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 06, 2018, 07:40:16 AM
Reply #61

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 06, 2018, 08:01:21 AM
Reply #62

kramer0

"Everton weigh up backroom clusterfuck.”
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:08:50 AM by kramer0 »

April 06, 2018, 09:55:34 AM
Reply #63

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 06, 2018, 02:01:01 PM
Reply #64

Alanvideo

The same article confirms that Elstone will leave at the end of the season. Seems a strange time to go just when the club is starting a major project and he was appointed to the board last year . I assume he will stand down from the board too.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 06, 2018, 02:16:26 PM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
"Everton weigh up backroom clusterfuck.”

Are you in the same boat here, a bit worried?

I mean - I think I do still want Brands because he’s signed some great players in the past and the reviews have been good, but Walsh was off the back of an incredible league win powered by Kante, Vardy and Mahrez, and all reports were extremely positive too.

I dunno, I don’t think we can afford for things to get worse than they are now, so whatever move they do make it needs to be the right one with long term planning in place, not relying on raiola to sign players who are above our current position...
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 06, 2018, 02:28:30 PM
Reply #66

Lincs Toffee

I dunno, I don’t think we can afford for things to get worse than they are now, so whatever move they do make it needs to be the right one with long term planning in place, not relying on raiola to sign players who are above our current position...

Not sure they can get much worse can they?...I think they could work well together but only if we have the right manager in playing the right football and highlighting the areas needed to strengthen.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

April 06, 2018, 02:41:55 PM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure they can get much worse can they?...I think they could work well together but only if we have the right manager in playing the right football and highlighting the areas needed to strengthen.

I would say if we’re starting rooney and Morgan in CM next year then we are in a lot of trouble.

I genuinely think we were nearly dragged into it this year, and I know we’ve ended up safe and probably inside the top 10, but there literally by the grace of god imo.

If we get worse next year we will be in very bad shape, not to mention what the fans will be like after nearly 5 years of abject failure and listless drifting.

April 06, 2018, 02:43:01 PM
Reply #68

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm really struggling to care about anything Everton do lately
Simply simply lovely

April 06, 2018, 02:43:37 PM
Reply #69

Hawkandro

Are you in the same boat here, a bit worried?

I mean - I think I do still want Brands because he’s signed some great players in the past and the reviews have been good, but Walsh was off the back of an incredible league win powered by Kante, Vardy and Mahrez, and all reports were extremely positive too.

Yeah, it sounds like we still haven't decided what the fuck we want. Let's chuck another cook into the mix, rather than maybe streamlining it back again.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 06, 2018, 02:46:47 PM
Reply #70

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce is staying.

April 06, 2018, 02:51:41 PM
Reply #71

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

April 06, 2018, 03:31:24 PM
Reply #72

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce is staying.

Seamus the latest player to be singing Allardyce’s praise on the O.S. That’s, Jags, Keane, Gana and Rooney that have now done that, what’s going on ?

April 06, 2018, 03:33:26 PM
Reply #73

Ramjam

Seamus the latest player to be singing Allardyce's praise on the O.S. That's, Jags, Keane, Gana and Rooney that have now done that, what's going on ?
They all said the same about Koeman and Rhino and look what happened there, don’t read too much into it mate
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 06, 2018, 03:37:14 PM
Reply #74

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Most people in the game seem to like Allardyce. It's only the fans of the clubs he is at that hate him (except Sunderland and Bolton fans - they all think he is good).

RE: Brands/Walsh
I was never convinced about Walsh, signing 3 players in a 4 year period (12 for Vardy, 14 for Mahrez & 15 for Kante) out of an interupted 10 years at Leicester didn't strike me as impressive as people were saying.

Although, he was the guy who scouted out Drogba for Chelsea as well.