October 16, 2019, 12:06:51 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 64664 times)

January 09, 2019, 10:22:19 PM
Reply #780

Waltzer

Wasn't about to down tools  lolol

Is this the same Lukaku we couldn't get to report to training because he was out in Miami with Pogba ?.
Moshiris hand was forced imho ...we had a player who didn't want to be here... end of.

You're right, he didnt want to be there, but I find it comical/worrying that our Chairman has alluded to the fact that to replace him it wouldv'e cost roughly twice as much as what we sold him for, that doesnt make sense!
If we're going to get walked over that easy by players/other teams just cause our player says they want to leave its a concern and that why I hope this appointment will nullify that, thats the main point.

January 09, 2019, 10:33:50 PM
Reply #781

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
No one is paying £120m for Lukaku.

January 09, 2019, 10:42:01 PM
Reply #782

Bluedylan

Yep, I get why Lukaku went, but some of Moshiris comments were a little concerning. He said something along the lines of it was hard to replace Lukaku, it would have cost 120 million and the player would want 250k a week, so why did he let him go for 75 million if he knew a replacement of that standard would be nearly double? I get Rom wanted out but he still had 2 years on his contract, a world cup coming up etc so it wasn't like he was walking for free anytime soon or about to down tools? Hopefully having Brands on the board will enable decisions to be better thought through and give a better idea on market values of replacements prior to selling key assets

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

There's so much speculation in that comment.

You don't know what was promised to the individual and what wasn't. I realise it sounds good on a forum to say 'just keep him, and tell him to get on with it' but human relationships don't always work that way. Sometimes you have to honour agreements and maximise value.

Also, it wasn't £75m, it was £100m (Paul Joyce) - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-united-deal-for-100m-lukaku-sn9vg6jtf. People like to say £75m to perpetuate the idea that Moshiri is clueless, but it's fairly transparent.

We wouldn't have got anywhere close to £100m a year later. Maybe not even half of that.

The mismanagment of the situation came not from selling Rom for £100m with two years left, but in the lack of replacement and strategy going forward.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 09, 2019, 10:51:16 PM
Reply #783

stirlingblue

There's so much speculation in that comment.

You don't know what was promised to the individual and what wasn't. I realise it sounds good on a forum to say 'just keep him, and tell him to get on with it' but human relationships don't always work that way. Sometimes you have to honour agreements and maximise value.

Also, it wasn't £75m, it was £100m (Paul Joyce) - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-united-deal-for-100m-lukaku-sn9vg6jtf. People like to say £75m to perpetuate the idea that Moshiri is clueless, but it's fairly transparent.

We wouldn't have got anywhere close to £100m a year later. Maybe not even half of that.

The mismanagment of the situation came not from selling Rom for £100m with two years left, but in the lack of replacement and strategy going forward.

United wouldn’t get near 100m for him now if they sold him

January 09, 2019, 11:05:36 PM
Reply #784

Bluedylan

United wouldn’t get near 100m for him now if they sold him

Agreed. So it was good business to sell him for that, with only 2 years left, wasn't it?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 09, 2019, 11:15:44 PM
Reply #785

Martip

Did they really pay 100m ? If so we did really well but I have my doubts

January 09, 2019, 11:58:11 PM
Reply #786

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Did they really pay 100m ? If so we did really well but I have my doubts

"up to" £100m.

We could receive £90m
£15m per year for 5 years (all initial fees are spread over the length of the signed contract between player and buying club) makes up the £75m that is widely quoted as the figure.

There were £15m in bonus add-ons. (They're not winning much, so we're relying on his goals or contract extension to bring in some of that.)

The "missing" £10m between the £90m Evertoun could receive and the £100m quoted earlier and elsewhere is the reason Chelsea weren't stronger contenders for his signature. Riola took a cool £10m agent fee. United paid that, but we don't see it.

So:
£75m (we received guaranteed)
£85m (how much United deffo have to pay)
£90m (how much we may receive)
£100m (how much United may have to pay when all is said and done)

are all correct.

January 10, 2019, 12:24:27 AM
Reply #787

NickNack

Didn’t Rooney figure somewhere in the sums of that deal?

January 10, 2019, 12:57:41 AM
Reply #788

Simon Paul

Administrator
Didn't Rooney figure somewhere in the sums of that deal?
The media like to include him as being worth £10m as part of that deal but it probably wasn't really.

January 10, 2019, 02:04:22 AM
Reply #789

Martip

"up to" £100m.

We could receive £90m
£15m per year for 5 years (all initial fees are spread over the length of the signed contract between player and buying club) makes up the £75m that is widely quoted as the figure.

There were £15m in bonus add-ons. (They're not winning much, so we're relying on his goals or contract extension to bring in some of that.)

The "missing" £10m between the £90m Evertoun could receive and the £100m quoted earlier and elsewhere is the reason Chelsea weren't stronger contenders for his signature. Riola took a cool £10m agent fee. United paid that, but we don't see it.

So:
£75m (we received guaranteed)
£85m (how much United deffo have to pay)
£90m (how much we may receive)
£100m (how much United may have to pay when all is said and done)

are all correct.
Fooking hell he doesn't come cheap !

January 10, 2019, 02:55:37 PM
Reply #790

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Don't know how Riola gets by on a measley 10 million quid for a few hours work.

January 10, 2019, 03:34:43 PM
Reply #791

Cereal Killer

Don't know how Riola gets by on a measley 10 million quid for a few hours work.

April 02, 2019, 03:33:14 PM
Reply #792

Macca77

Brands doing an interview right now, saying some really good things

https://twitter.com/philkecho?lang=en-gb

April 02, 2019, 03:39:43 PM
Reply #794

Lxxx

Sensible thinking finally.