October 18, 2019, 03:23:32 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 64736 times)

April 16, 2018, 03:09:01 PM
Reply #180

Trowel

“We are busy preparing for next season. We started doing so at the winter break.”

I dream of us preparing for a transfer window months in advance, rather than minutes before the deadline.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

April 16, 2018, 03:13:36 PM
Reply #181

Hawkandro

“We are busy preparing for next season. We started doing so at the winter break.”

I dream of us preparing for a transfer window months in advance, rather than minutes before the deadline.

Steve Walsh has prepared his list of targets for the coming window too:

Jamie Vardy
Marc Albrighton
Robert Huth
Kevin Nolan
Daniel Drinkwater
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 16, 2018, 03:14:00 PM
Reply #182

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully, that will mean that we will now get a clearer picture of what he intends to do and probably, as a result what the plans are for the club.

Hope you’re not expecting that anytime soon ? Doubt he’s even coming.

April 16, 2018, 03:23:14 PM
Reply #183

Alanvideo

Hope you’re not expecting that anytime soon ? Doubt he’s even coming.
...................he won't commit himself until we have a new manager , if he comes at all.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 16, 2018, 04:06:39 PM
Reply #184

Makis

So let's fuck around with this until mid-July at which point it becomes absolutely clear he's not coming. We should also not proceed with a managerial appointment until the DoF is in place. It's much more entertaining when the new guys have about two weeks to figure out what the squad needs and make the deals. Remember that the window closes mid-August this year.

April 16, 2018, 04:35:48 PM
Reply #185

dunkster

Definately sounds like he ain't coming
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 16, 2018, 04:42:50 PM
Reply #186

sam of the south

Hopefully get this sorted soon and not let it drag out into another saga.

https://twitter.com/ToffeeTVEFC/status/985576807834546177

The insuation here is that it would take something special to tempt him away, so at least this will encourage Moshiri to show his ambition by at least binning Allardyce
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

April 16, 2018, 04:47:29 PM
Reply #187

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
The insuation here is that it would take something special to tempt him away, so at least this will encourage Moshiri to show his ambition by at least binning Allardyce
Yeaah My English is far from perfect but I think I know the difference between very difficult and impossible

April 16, 2018, 05:26:51 PM
Reply #188

Macca77

Refusing to get excited at his arrival or pissed off when he turns us down.

April 16, 2018, 05:57:30 PM
Reply #189

Jamokachi

...................he won't commit himself until we have a new manager , if he comes at all.

I don't think that's the case. A DoF should be directly involved in the targeting and hiring of a manager. So if he is joining, I'd expect him to do so before we get a new manager, or at least announced a new manager.

April 16, 2018, 06:53:19 PM
Reply #190

kramer0

Whatever happens, I agree we can’t do the will he/won’t he dance for long.

1. This is the most important role at the club this summer and one that requires planning. We should have had a new director in place already, to be honest.

2. We have a bad habit of spending a long time pursuing targets only to not get the deal over the line, leaving us in a position where we have to make a rash decision (or where we do absolutely nothing at all). Look at the state we’re in now to see how well this has worked out.

If we let this drag out, there’s a serious possibility that Walsh/Allardyce end up running our summer business. Which, no thanks.

April 16, 2018, 07:51:24 PM
Reply #191

Bluedylan

I think we're probably getting him, and it's been agreed, but he seems like quite a classy fella who isn't going to say anything about leaving on the day they clinch the title.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 16, 2018, 07:52:34 PM
Reply #192

Evertonian in NC

The DoF and new manager have to be a pair that mesh/fit together.  Otherwise, you are setting up both to fail and wasting more time and money.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 16, 2018, 07:53:52 PM
Reply #193

Waltzer

I suspect this is all to do with the rumoured deal with Raiola, he is his agent and I expect bigger things than this are happening behind the scenes. Im expecting Moshiri to set up some alliance with him to oversea our summer recruitment plan and as part of that Brands will be pivotal. I wouldnt be surprised if its all done already

April 16, 2018, 08:04:05 PM
Reply #194

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.