November 17, 2018, 12:26:55 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 43828 times)

May 24, 2018, 01:37:22 AM
Reply #675

Waltzer

I know its easy to bash someone when they clearly failed, like Walsh did in not getting a Lukaku replacement, but when you break it down he also did some good stuff and did a lot of the things Brands has discussed. He invested massively in youth getting Lookman, Vlasic, Sandro, Bowler, Donkor, Onyekuru these were some of the most sought after kids around and we got them. Yes the Lukaku thing effectively cost us our season and for that alone he should've gone immediately, but when you look at that list he also contributed a lot and it wasnt his fault that managers didnt chose to play them.

May 24, 2018, 01:49:54 AM
Reply #676

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I know its easy to bash someone when they clearly failed, like Walsh did in not getting a Lukaku replacement, but when you break it down he also did some good stuff and did a lot of the things Brands has discussed. He invested massively in youth getting Lookman, Vlasic, Sandro, Bowler, Donkor, Onyekuru these were some of the most sought after kids around and we got them. Yes the Lukaku thing effectively cost us our season and for that alone he should've gone immediately, but when you look at that list he also contributed a lot and it wasnt his fault that managers didnt chose to play them.

Yes.

But it’s his presence, or lack of that’s apparent.

He clearly didn’t have the clout or willingness to impose on the managers what the club’s wishes were etc.

A DoF is also a key person for expressing what the club wants to do from a footballing angle and you rarely heard anything from him.

I know they’re only words but Brands is immediately setting his stall out re managers and that we need to compete. It’s laying down the marker everyone else in the hierarchy.

Doesn’t seem like he (Walsh) progressed from being a scout.

May 24, 2018, 01:52:21 AM
Reply #677

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Chief scout would have been a decent job for him

May 24, 2018, 01:53:42 AM
Reply #678

Gash

Global Moderator
Speaks well doesn't he, comes across with an air of authority about him, you can tell he gets things done. Nice to hear him mention long term plans as well, that's something Silva needs to get on board with if he comes, he can't just keep doing short term jobs, which probably works in our favour, sooner rather than later Silva's going to have to prove that he can build a team and put together 2-3 decent seasons.

The only slight concern is that jacket looks like it might just be a bawhair too small but we can live with that. :)

May 24, 2018, 01:55:12 AM
Reply #679

KoemansNumberTens

I feel a bit sorry for Walsh. Think every other cunt at the club wanted to do a bit of his job and the thing he was most guilty of was being a bit weak. The board have to take a lot of the blame too for allowing it to happen

May 24, 2018, 01:55:13 AM
Reply #680

Macca77

He's just smashing isn't he

May 24, 2018, 02:02:11 AM
Reply #681

Paddockoldie

Speaks well doesn't he, comes across with an air of authority about him, you can tell he gets things done. Nice to hear him mention long term plans as well, that's something Silva needs to get on board with if he comes, he can't just keep doing short term jobs, which probably works in our favour, sooner rather than later Silva's going to have to prove that he can build a team and put together 2-3 decent seasons.

The only slight concern is that jacket looks like it might just be a bawhair too small but we can live with that. :)

Silva hasn't been touched by the 'Ball' yet. When he does nothing will be the same. If he's good enough I think he'll stay around, especially if he gets the backing and crowd support.

May 24, 2018, 02:03:25 AM
Reply #682

blue slug

Think I love marcel already, think heís going to do a great job

May 24, 2018, 02:03:29 AM
Reply #683

Alex6691

May 24, 2018, 02:04:20 AM
Reply #684

Bluedylan

I feel a bit sorry for Walsh. Think every other cunt at the club wanted to do a bit of his job and the thing he was most guilty of was being a bit weak. The board have to take a lot of the blame too for allowing it to happen

No left back replacement all season? No striker replacement? Bidding big money for Moussa Sissokho?

He got a big pay day, and a right cushy number here and performed lamentably. Sod him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 24, 2018, 02:07:24 AM
Reply #685

blue slug

I canít think of any reason to feel sorry for Walsh heís useless

May 24, 2018, 02:18:59 AM
Reply #686

KoemansNumberTens

No left back replacement all season? No striker replacement? Bidding big money for Moussa Sissokho?

He got a big pay day, and a right cushy number here and performed lamentably. Sod him.

I might be completely wrong but I hold koeman responsible. I think he ended up with a small shortlist of strikers none of which proved possible. Obviously I donít feel sorry for him in real terms. Like you say he wonít starve cos we sacked him. Just donít think we gave him the best opportunity to succeed

May 24, 2018, 02:26:01 AM
Reply #687

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I might be completely wrong but I hold koeman responsible. I think he ended up with a small shortlist of strikers none of which proved possible. Obviously I don't feel sorry for him in real terms. Like you say he won't starve cos we sacked him. Just don't think we gave him the best opportunity to succeed
He had to be stronger, he was too weak
Simply simply lovely

May 24, 2018, 02:59:26 AM
Reply #688

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 24, 2018, 04:51:00 AM
Reply #689

Lxxx

Fills that jacket and those trousers doesnít he. All the women in the office are defo putting an extra layer of slap on before they come in work starting from next week.