October 21, 2019, 07:46:13 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 64843 times)

April 05, 2018, 02:39:12 PM
Read 64843 times

Fynci

Iím freelancing at a Dutch company at present and there is a super knowledgeable guy who talks a lot about football. I mentioned the rumor and he said that it has been in the Dutch press too, he says that Brands has a good scouting network in Central and South America and finds good players from Mexico and Columbia.

April 06, 2018, 02:52:34 AM
Reply #1

Fynci

Iím freelancing at a Dutch company at present and there is a super knowledgeable guy who talks a lot about football. I mentioned the rumour and he said that it has been in the Dutch press too, he says that Brands has a good scouting network in Central and South America and finds good players from Mexico and Columbia.

I'm guessing he was talking about these two in particular:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hirving-lozano/profil/spieler/316889

https://www.transfermarkt.com/santiago-arias/profil/spieler/120443

April 23, 2018, 12:52:27 AM
Reply #2

Fynci

Says he wants to bring Lozano here.

Oh my

....and Ziyech from Ajax.

Just scoured the Dutch press but can't find any new news yet, although the PSV forum seem fairly convinced it's happening. They are worried that they'll only get something like 30m for Lozano, but want 70m+ for him.

April 23, 2018, 10:28:02 PM
Reply #4

Fynci

This is the one time I think it is okay for us to announce the signing during a game. Ideally tonight along with Sam being given the boot.

April 23, 2018, 11:31:46 PM
Reply #5

Fynci

The post match interview would be interesting.

He'll blame marketing again.

May 05, 2018, 01:28:10 PM
Reply #6

Fynci

Just playing devils advocate here but I was looking at the respective players bought through or signed from Walsh and Brands and if I had to pick one set id probably go for Walsh's efforts. I think Walsh has messed up big time and deserves to go,  but I'm also slightly confused why others seem to think Brands is the answer? Some are talking about him almost being a messiah based on what he's done with PSV,  in a league which is comparable to Scotland,  when again you could easily  argue Walsh's achievements at Leicester are miles ahead of that.

I work with an AZ fan who, when I mentioned the Brands rumour, spoke about him being the messiah while he was there. I donít follow Dutch football but he seems to be really respected by a lot of people here.

May 16, 2018, 09:50:28 PM
Reply #7

Fynci

Brands selecting the new manager? Let's hope we don't see this...

May 29, 2018, 09:54:31 PM
Reply #9

Fynci

I live and work in Amsterdam and currently work with an AZ fan and an Ajax supporter (who is ridiculously knowledgeable about world football), both sing his praises. Naturally, we will have to see but the talk from my Dutch colleagues differs considerably from what has been posted earlier.

June 20, 2019, 07:23:16 PM
Reply #10

Fynci

Never seen a Dutchie wearing that sort of thing here. He truly is his own man.